Lemma Soft Forums

Supporting creators of visual novels and story-based games since 2003.

Visit our new games list, blog aggregator, IRC channel, and Discord (new).
Activation problem? Email pytom@bishoujo.us.
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:10 am 
Eileen-Class Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Posts: 1223
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Twitter: @yandere
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
Tumaini wrote:
(As a quick note, I love that the Amamiya brothers really seem like family - you just know they're close. Which makes the incest issue all the more delicate... Thank you for wanting to handle it tastefully instead of the typical fare, and I trust you will indeed; for some reason, there is not nearly enough of that. I like incest in fiction because of the delicacy of it, the fact that it's forbidden by society and should be handled as so. Mindless fanservice doesn't do this theme justice.)

Well, your responses just make me more giddy for this game... aaah... I cracked up at ''ore wa homo janai,'' btw.

I'm really glad it seems that way. Their relationship is a bit strained because of what's happened in the past, but they are really close, even if Shuuki and Masaharu don't like to admit it. Obviously I have no real concept of what incest is like (I have a brother, but uhhhhh lol) but I'll try to make it tasteful and not fanservicey.

Yeah, so none of this:
Image

Arcanum wrote:
For some unknown reason, I thought Shuuki would have blue hair XD He's looking really good with that bleached look, though *g* The colors/shading helped to bring out a lot of his personality.

Anyway, Camille, you told us a lot about the other characters, but no such information on Masaharu ;-; More on him, please? I want to know how he relates to the other characters too *g* *already wants to tap that so bad* He makes me sad that there won't be any H scenes… My feelings towards him aren't so pure. Tears of woe.

He might actually be able to pull off the blue hair. XD But yeah, glad everyone seems to like how Shuuki looks. He's so pretty, it's sort of ethereal. owo

Ok well between the three brothers, Masaharu is the one that's on the straight and narrow. His parents pin the most expectations on him because Natsu and Shuuki are kind of weirdos. He's the one who studies hard, who works hard in sports, and who's pretty serious about everything. He's not very good with his words. Even though he knows his behavior hurts Natsu, who still feels guilty over what happened with Fuyuka, Masa can't help being something of a tsundere, lol. With his classmates, however, he's really different. He's outgoing, friendly, and supportive. He just can't seem to find the words to say to his older brother. He and Shuuki kind of bicker in a semi-friendly way, but they're pretty close. His creator has said that he's very close to the members of his basketball team and if I was to make him an MC, he would be like a shounen manga hero. 8D

He and Yukinari bonded because they were forced together for a class project. Yukinari reminds Masa of his brother, so he tries to be nice to him and talk to him even after they finish the project, but they don't have much in common, so I wouldn't call them good friends or anything. Yukinari always turns down Masa's invitations to eat lunch with him and his friends, but Masa does talk to Yukinari about his family a lot (read: he COMPLAINS about his family a lot), so at the beginning, even though he's never formally met Shuuki or Natsu, it's like Yukinari sort of knows them already. Deep down, I think Yukinari envies/scorns Masa a bit because he also has brothers, but they don't get on well at all. So when he sees Masa treating his brothers "badly" even when they're really nice to him, he gets kind of pissed, though he never says it out loud.

I think, despite his serious demeanor at times, Masa's definitely the most innocent and pure-hearted of the three brothers. Though he may fight it, I think if Natsu ever seriously asked him to do something, no matter what it was, Masa would do it.

_________________
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:24 am 
Lemma-Class Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 2677
Organization: happyB
Twitter: @Aleema
Tumblr: happybackwards
That was the best gif ever.

_________________
How to Customize the Textbox | How to Customize Game Menus


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:53 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:32 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Portugal
I'm not sure what's going on on that gif but I still find it hilarious.

Anyway, I'M IN LOVE WITH MASAHARU, OH SQUEE


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:59 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:14 pm
Posts: 34
Projects: On Hiatus
Haha, I love that gif! XD But poor Nakatsu was never gay to begin with..
All of your projects are all so awesome looking *^*! I'm stalking you forever TuT Your projects,I mean.

_________________
Image
Image
Omo, omo, omo, aigoo.
Sorry for all of these: [!!!!]


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:19 pm 
Eileen-Class Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Posts: 1223
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Twitter: @yandere
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
EzzyAlpha wrote:
I'm not sure what's going on on that gif

Well, he's not a homo! :D

Version wrote:
Haha, I love that gif! XD But poor Nakatsu was never gay to begin with..
All of your projects are all so awesome looking *^*! I'm stalking you forever TuT Your projects,I mean.

I think that's debatable. :P If he fell in love with someone he thought was a boy, that means he at least has the potential to be gay? Because he thought Ashiya was a boy and liked her anyway.
But yeah, one of my favorite gifs/scenes. XD

Aww thank you. Stalkers are always welcome!

I've been feeling somewhat under the weather so I haven't been able to write much for BCM (or MJ) over the last 2 days--normally I try to write at least 5,000-7,000 new words total every day--but I've set a lot more plot points into stone. People I've discussed the plot with seem to like it a lot, so I hope people who play this game like the story, too. :3 There's a lot of different possibilities even though the story itself isn't very long. (I think everything pretty much happens over the course of 6 months or so)

And I think Shuuki's sprite is nearly done. :O Thanks for the support, you guys~ <3

_________________
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:47 pm 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:14 pm
Posts: 34
Projects: On Hiatus
Oh, I hope you feel better! And much luck with your writing!
Camille wrote:
I think that's debatable. :P If he fell in love with someone he thought was a boy, that means he at least has the potential to be gay? Because he thought Ashiya was a boy and liked her anyway.
But yeah, one of my favorite gifs/scenes. XD

Aww thank you. Stalkers are always welcome!

XD No prob
He's the panty thief!! XD Mine was his inner conflict.
You're right! But it was her personality that he liked, not that he thought she was a guy.. Still, I feel bad that he didn't end up with anyone in the end- He came out of the closet on the roof, after all!

_________________
Image
Image
Omo, omo, omo, aigoo.
Sorry for all of these: [!!!!]


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:52 am 
Eileen-Class Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Posts: 1223
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Twitter: @yandere
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
Image

And Shuuki's sprite is done. :3 Well, mostly, but the part that isn't done is a spoiler, so as far as you guys know, it's done. XD Here he is next to Natsume for height reference. Natsume and Masaharu are the same height, but Masa's still growing, so in a few years he'll probably be at least a few CM taller. Some stuff about Shuuki from the person who created him:

Quote:
The youngest Amamiya brother, he was born with a twin sister, who unfortunately passed away when they were [twelve]. He was really close to his twin sister and his loss hurt him deeply. Afraid of experiencing such feelings again, he's reluctant to get attached to others. Some may wonder if the way he is today, with his long hair and whatnot, was due to his sister's death. Shuuki would like to think he isn't that sentimental a person, but can't deny that he changed a lot after she was gone. He mostly attributes these changes to being a teenager.

Has had a number of short relationships with both guys and girls. He has always given his all in relationships - while in them. He'd chase the person and work hard to impress them until he wins them over, then treat them kindly while together. However, his relationships never last long. Even if it's said that he dumped most of his previous lovers, he would reply that he also had his fair share of getting dumped, so it's all fair, right?

He respects Natsume, but it annoys him when Natsume fools around sometimes, partly because he felt that Natsume could've been much more, but chose not to be - and this frustrates him. Meanwhile, he seems to dislike Masaharu, finding him to be crude. The two often argue. Truth is, despite this, he still cares for Masaharu - not that he'd ever show it.


Might give more info about other characters in coming days, keep the information flowing. :3

_________________
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:53 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:32 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Portugal
Squeeee, the Surprise Bishie is soo pretty~

Oh, dat hair *drool*


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:30 am 
Eileen-Class Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Posts: 1223
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Twitter: @yandere
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
Some more stuff about the characters via alpha version screenshots:

- How Natsume takes tests
- Why Shuuki isn't really a whore
- Shuuki on Masaharu's (lack of) facial hair
- More of the above
- Chiaki on Shuuki's love life
- Chiaki on Natsume's issues

Hope these are uhh enlightening. Auro and I are hard at work on BCM. o/ Still don't really know when it'll be done, though. Probably 2012 sometime.

_________________
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 am 
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm
Posts: 289
Location: Germany
You know. I love Shuuki's deadpan-snarker attitude. Amd he is such a tsundere. Thsoe two paired up makes him my absolute favorite, closely followed by his brothers. And the twin-sister issue slightly reminds me of Mizushima Iku; but I think Shuuki's still more sympathetic to me, even if I do love Iku xD

Heh, we are not pushing you. After all, you still gotta work on MJ, too. And I think I won't give a report for the current beta-version; time-issue xD 2012 sounds quite close if you consider it's an awesome game you are trying to make. With MJ's pending release in the beginning of 2012 as well...Can you say I am impressed? xD

_________________
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*


Last edited by Celestie on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:38 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:32 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Portugal
Psh, 2012 sounds pretty reasonable. My game is a lot smaller and I think it'll take even longer.

Anyway, even the Alpha looks stunning. It'll look amazingly pretty when the graphics are done.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:30 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:51 am
Posts: 123
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze
Oh wow, your sprites are amazing *0* And the story sounds super interesting~
The way the characters are facing (3/4 view?) reminds me of Ace Attorney Investigations. Very cool B)

_________________
Image
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:37 am 
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:02 am
Posts: 3059
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Twitter: @AuroCyanide
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide
@... ah, people who complimented the art?
Thank you ^^ I'm really happy people like the sprites. I'm working hard to make the cast visually diverse as well as, well, pretty XD

Masaharu is up next and I am looking forward to him, then all the brothers will be *mostly* done. I am saving certain elements until later because they relate to other stuff I haven't done yet. I am hoping for consistency, something I often fail at. I am trying to be FOCUSED and not get distracted by the hundreds of different bits I want to do for the game. One step at a time!... But secretly I have little daydreams of all the cool stuff I want to do XD

@Camille
I see the facial hair joke going on. Who wants to bet I draw Masaharu with stubble before this project is done?

_________________
The other 1/2 of Cyanide Tea l My Deviantart Account I My Tumblr Account I Break Chance Memento


Last edited by Auro-Cyanide on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:54 am 
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:32 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Portugal
Masa :D <3

I'm so anxious to see his complete sprite *dance*


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:10 pm 
Eileen-Class Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Posts: 1223
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Twitter: @yandere
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
@Celestie: Iku is my favorite Starry Sky character, but I have to say that the way he deals with his sister's death is completely different from how Shuuki deals with it. The "twin death" thing seems to come up a lot in fiction, but hopefully BCM puts a different spin on things. Also I definitely would not call Shuuki a tsundere. Unlike tsunderes, he's very honest with his feelings. He's nice when he wants to be, rude when he wants to be, but always honest. Masaharu is actually the tsundere in the family, lol. (making Natsume the y--hmm! wait and see.)

I think MJ might have to get pushed back to spring 2012, depending on how things go with the artist, but yeah I'm full steam ahead on that game, too, on the writing/programming front. I don't want anyone to think that I'm dumping MJ for BCM or vice versa. I feel like my creativity drains from two different places for these two projects, so I often work on/think about both of them at once. Yesterday I wrote like 2,000 words for BCM, and then immediately jumped to MJ and wrote another few thousand words without feeling particularly strained at all. The only thing is that one is written in present tense and one is written in past tense (and the phrasing is totally different--MJ sounds more old fashioned, whereas BCM is very modern-sounding), so it takes me a bit to readjust to the proper writing style. XD

@EzzyAlpha: Everyone has different paces at which they work, haha. No worries. :3 I'm glad you like the way the alpha looks, but it's totally temporary. XD I whipped up a really half-assed GUI in like an hour or something just so I wouldn't have to look at the default and could test out the quick save/load buttons. The textbox will look completely different when Lazcht is done. *_* Me, I'm excited for finished sprites.

@Joey: Aww thanks! I quite like the story for your project, too, just haven't had a chance to comment on it yet. XD Let's both work hard on our BL games, yeah? :3

Auro-Cyanide wrote:
@Camille
I see the facial hair joke going on. Who wants to bet I draw Masaharu with stubble before this project is done?

I had a dream the other night that all the main characters had beards. The game was renamed to Beard Chance Memento and the poor beardless antagonist's reasoning suddenly became "I'M PUNISHING ALL OF YOU BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A BEARD AND YOU GUYS DO ):" I woke up very confused. XD I think stubble would at least suit Masaharu, though. The idea of Shuuki with a beard (WHICH I SAW IN MY DREAM) is somewhat horrifying.

_________________
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group