[BL] Break Chance Memento / first post updated 12/28/2011

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Celestie
Veteran

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#31 Post by Celestie »

I will recommend this to my friend. She LOVES gay incest~ (Andy maybe I can make her play some more visual novels this way.) And partially commerical...? If it's affordable for me, I am giving this to my friend as birthday gift someday....xD That and then I can play it myself, too xD

Needless to say, I am stalking this. *nodnod*
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#32 Post by Camille »

@EzzyAlpha: It's basically an inventory system, but with some restrictions. For example, most of the BCMs you find in the game expire, so if you don't use them before that happens, you won't be able to use them unless they're currently in one of your "inventory" slots. (that saves them in the machine) Something like that. There are quite a lot of paths and variations, so yes, I'll have to write up a lot of notes. XD;

@Celestie: Yay, more gay incest fans~ We'll work out the price and whatnot when we get closer to the end, haha.

EDIT! Whoops, forgot to include this. Posted it on Twitter earlier.

Celestie
Veteran

#33 Post by Celestie »

Oh shoot, I forgot something. My friend dislikes those long haired, effeminate characters. Hm...maybe I should pley through once and then let her play with Natsume xDDDD

Beautiful~
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Camille »

@Celestie: Natsume's story doesn't make much sense if you don't play through Shuuki's first... That's why it only unlocks afterward. D: If you dismiss a whole story just because the MC is "long-haired and effeminate", that's pretty sad. (also he may be long-haired, but I don't think Shuuki is very effeminate outside of his appearance)

Celestie
Veteran

#35 Post by Celestie »

>8D Then I'll force her to play. *checks on ropes and tapeband and tests her evil "muahahaha" laughter* I have to admit, it is a bit unusual to have the ultimate bishounen of the cast as main character but I am not put off by that at all just my friend is, she generally dislikes long-haired characters with one or two exceptions or guys that look not manly enough in her opinion (she is picky, I know, and I tell her and she knows, too). And I gotta change her mind. Hurhurhur xD

By the way, why is Natsume's sprite done before Shuuki's by the looks of it? Just curious xD

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#36 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Because I don't do things in order? Nah, I think I just sketched Natsume first because I took a shine to him and I didn't know who was going to be the main character at that point. And then I just started doing the sprites in the same order I sketched them. I'm working on Shuuki right now. Congrats Shuuki, for having the most complex hair I have ever drawn on a man or a woman XD

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Camille »

@Celestie: I think Auro and I both have a soft spot for Natsu, lmao. It's so hard making myself write Shuuki's story first. XD
I have to admit, it is a bit unusual to have the ultimate bishounen of the cast as main character
Well, we all know how much I like doing things outside of the norm, don't we? That's precisely why Shuuki's the main character. Natsu is also a very uh atypical protagonist. I think normally in this kind of game, Yukinari or Masaharu would be the protagonists. XD At least that's what it feels like to me, playing other BL games. But hopefully this makes things more interesting.

Lol Auro, at least Shuuki doesn't have braided hair (well, mostly) or dreadlocks! ;D

EzzyAlpha
Regular

#38 Post by EzzyAlpha »

I like Shuuki's hair. I wonder what conditioner he uses? Though, we have different types of hair so it wouldn't matter much.

Anyway, my favorite so far is Masaharu. He just looks like a happy, relaxed guy. But Shuuki makes a better protagonist since it's the element of surprise. SURPRISE, you play as a bishie!!!

That screen looks so pretty,

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Camille »

EzzyAlpha wrote:But Shuuki makes a better protagonist since it's the element of surprise. SURPRISE, you play as a bishie!!!
I LOVE THIS LINE. If we ever do any marketing campaigns, this should be one of the slogans. SURPRISE, you play as a bishie!!!

Tumaini

#40 Post by Tumaini »

HOW DID I MISS THIS? *slaps self like sumo* This is what I get for having the borderline-narcoleptic equivalent of an attention def- oooh, screenshot! And sprite! Natsume, y u so kyut? Ahahaha~ I may not have told you this, but I'm so going after him first and probably last for good measure, too, with the burning ladypassion of a thousand VY Canis Majorii (is that the correct plural...? Exhibit A: Only one in a series of bracket rapes).

Might I just say that the interfaces are absolutely gorgeous? You probably know that already, though. Really, it's the prettiest I've ever seen on a game, subtly elegant and... stylish. (I make this sound like Abercrombie marketing. Sorry.) And the GUI is still getting worked on? Can't say I'm not excited to see the final result, then.

For the record, I soak up all little details you mercifully give out like a bath sponge in the Atlantic. Really. /infowhore
You said there might be a secret character - could this be Kyousuke? Just going out on a limb here xD
Ah, but I have a question... while Shuuki has his escapades in time, does the romance - well, progress? I mean, take Natsume (because everyone loves Natsume). He's the last to go. Will Shuuki be able to build a relationship with him before that? That'd make for a lot of drama... the prospect of which makes me way too happy.

...I would like to take this moment to comment on the characters since I didn't last time, if no one minds. *clears throat, grabs mic*

SHUUKI, THE SURPRISE BISHOUNEN. He really does look like a girl. Must be the hair. I've never played anyone like him in a VN even though I've vaguely had the desire to, so this is kind of thrilling. He definitely seems complicated, with his own troubles to attend to - which seems to be a rare trait in games where many let the protagonist be defined by their object of affection. I'm pretty happy, really. It'll be interesting to play as him. Sort of can't help but think he's got unmatched sass. Sassoon! Which fits because he's a hair stylist and Shuuki's got nice hair! Lame!Tumaini is lame! (I don't like my name anymore...)

Natsume, who I can only imagine everyone wants to tap. I'll be honest here, first thing that really struck me about him was that he was a ginger. I thought his hair would be darker, haha. Oh, but I can sympathise with him. We have similar personalities, from the aloof aura over the sleeping habits to the ridiculous amounts of affection... which might be a bit narcissistic now that I think about it, but I'm not as cute as Natsume. Not by far. Also, he's got the bonus of being involved in the lovecest.
God, gay incest. /CANNOT GET OVER IT
I... really want to play as him, but I don't know how to pay. We have a currency you've likely never even heard of and I have no credit cards. I am so sad.

Masaharu, only sane man. Haha, feeling ''too normal'' is kinda funny considering the circumstances... why'd he want to be more abnormal, I wonder? I normally don't go for the sporty types, but Masaharu is definitely different (also,
threesome. I don't usually like OT3s but this sounds way too tempting.
)... Male tsundere (oranyan) are good tsundere; incestuous tsundere are the best tsundere. I don't even know what Masaharu is anymore. Heaven? He's not very physically attractive to me, tbh, but maybe that'll change with colour on him.

Chiaki, Natsume's polar opposite who I still want to tap. I freaking love him, too; my love for characters with hot tempers speaking, here. (Hot tempers. *wiggles eyebrow*) Have I ever told you how much I love the multi-layered characters you make? No? I have now. They've got so many different things packed into them, just like real people, and Chiaki's persona seems especially attractive to me. (Wait - if I'm sort of like Natsume, does this mean -) He could yell at me for being a lazy ass all day. I wouldn't stop him. Really. Again, he makes me want to play as Natsume... so bad. Weird how I actually ship the two. I think I'll kind of feel like both a cheater and a homewrecker when I go after him as Shuuki e.e Two words: burning ladypassion.

Yukinari, who I nearly thought was a shota. He seems cute/sweet... yet not, with his masochism and all. It's a nice dichotomy. I think he'll be pretty fun. I guess you know you're on the right path to his little heart if you just doesn't stop annoying the hell out of you? Questshun: Is he emotionally masochistic or physically masochistic? Since he doesn't like to be touched... which Chiaki might have ''fun'' with, lol. Is he wearing a sailor uniform...? Looks like that to me, haha. I wonder how his family would react to Shuuki and their potential relationship.

/ramblings end (mostly)

Why are people Shuuki knows being murdered? What's up with Fuyuka's death? Why is fall 2012 so close to the supposed end of the world? If you wanna know, kids, tune in next time - only on Lemmasoft! Danananana Break Chance Memento! *hums Batman tune*

Sorry if I'm a bit unclear or confusing, I woke up not too long ago after a 10 hour Nyancat marathon so...
oh, and if I seem crazy, that's because I am.

Love,
your e-stalker. Over and out!
ETA: HOLY MOTHER when did this turn out so LONG?!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#41 Post by Camille »

Tumaini wrote:Might I just say that the interfaces are absolutely gorgeous? You probably know that already, though. Really, it's the prettiest I've ever seen on a game, subtly elegant and... stylish. (I make this sound like Abercrombie marketing. Sorry.) And the GUI is still getting worked on? Can't say I'm not excited to see the final result, then.
Thanks! We have Lazcht to thank for that. She's going for a "futuristic + traditional Japanese" approach that I think looks pretty cool. :D
Tumaini wrote:For the record, I soak up all little details you mercifully give out like a bath sponge in the Atlantic. Really. /infowhore
Oh good, because I like giving information. :D
Tumaini wrote:You said there might be a secret character - could this be Kyousuke? Just going out on a limb here xD
Maaaaaaaaaybe. We're still sort of debating this secret character, Auro and I. c: We want all the romances to be believable, so we don't want to force anything.
Tumaini wrote:Ah, but I have a question... while Shuuki has his escapades in time, does the romance - well, progress? I mean, take Natsume (because everyone loves Natsume). He's the last to go. Will Shuuki be able to build a relationship with him before that? That'd make for a lot of drama... the prospect of which makes me way too happy.
Yup! In fact, when Shuuki changes things in time, it can sometimes affect his relationships in the present, or he can learn more things about the love interests through observing them. There's also going to be lulls between murders where he has time to pursue these personal relationships and act on the knowledge he's gained. Natsume's storyline doesn't involve time traveling (at least, not quite in the way that Shuuki's does) so it'll be somewhat different, gameplay-wise, but there will be a similar structure of action -> lull -> action until the story reaches its conclusion(s).
Tumaini wrote:SHUUKI, THE SURPRISE BISHOUNEN. He really does look like a girl. Must be the hair. I've never played anyone like him in a VN even though I've vaguely had the desire to, so this is kind of thrilling. He definitely seems complicated, with his own troubles to attend to - which seems to be a rare trait in games where many let the protagonist be defined by their object of affection. I'm pretty happy, really. It'll be interesting to play as him. Sort of can't help but think he's got unmatched sass. Sassoon! Which fits because he's a hair stylist and Shuuki's got nice hair! Lame!Tumaini is lame! (I don't like my name anymore...)
Shuuki is very sassy, yes. He's blunt and sassy and unapologetically promiscuous. In fact, the person who came up with his character has said: "You should tell [everyone that] you [will] play as a whore who's content being one and you won't get ORE WA HOMO JANAI lines ;) ...he doesn't even use ore!"
Tumaini wrote:Natsume, who I can only imagine everyone wants to tap. I'll be honest here, first thing that really struck me about him was that he was a ginger. I thought his hair would be darker, haha.
Spoilers, the Amamiyas are all varying shades of blonde. XD

Natsume dyed his hair first, and then the other two copied him, though they'll never admit to doing so. Older brother can do cool things sometimes! Oh yes, did I mention that Natsume is something of an accidental nudist? He frequently forgets to put his clothes on when he's at home. Don't know if that affects your opinion of him or not... ;D
Tumaini wrote:I... really want to play as him, but I don't know how to pay. We have a currency you've likely never even heard of and I have no credit cards. I am so sad.
We will probably make a couple copies available through contests and random giveaways and such, so no worries. XD Or if you beta test the game later, you can get a free copy of "Natsume side" as a reward.
Tumaini wrote:Chiaki, Natsume's polar opposite who I still want to tap. I freaking love him, too; my love for characters with hot tempers speaking, here. (Hot tempers. *wiggles eyebrow*) Have I ever told you how much I love the multi-layered characters you make? No? I have now. They've got so many different things packed into them, just like real people, and Chiaki's persona seems especially attractive to me. (Wait - if I'm sort of like Natsume, does this mean -) He could yell at me for being a lazy ass all day. I wouldn't stop him. Really. Again, he makes me want to play as Natsume... so bad. Weird how I actually ship the two. I think I'll kind of feel like both a cheater and a homewrecker when I go after him as Shuuki e.e Two words: burning ladypassion.
Oh, you will enjoy going after him as Shuuki. Chiaki kind of has a crush on Natsume, so you really would be stealing him from Natsume, sorta. But Shuuki and Chiaki are roommates, so that adds a whole different layer of funtiems.

Chiaki is a lot of fun to write because he's such a sarcastic little spitfire. Well, all the characters are fun to write. These 5 are part of a much larger cast that my friends and I made up. I just picked the ones I was most comfortable writing and made a story about them. I try really hard to make my characters three-dimensional and multi-layered, so I'm glad that my hard work is appreciated. XD I don't want any of them to be simply archetypes, tropes, or cliches. Cliches are, of course, unavoidable, but I'd like the characters to surpass them.
Tumaini wrote:Yukinari, who I nearly thought was a shota. He seems cute/sweet... yet not, with his masochism and all. It's a nice dichotomy. I think he'll be pretty fun. I guess you know you're on the right path to his little heart if you just doesn't stop annoying the hell out of you? Questshun: Is he emotionally masochistic or physically masochistic? Since he doesn't like to be touched... which Chiaki might have ''fun'' with, lol. Is he wearing a sailor uniform...? Looks like that to me, haha. I wonder how his family would react to Shuuki and their potential relationship.
Haha he's not wearing a sailor uniform, but I think that one would look adorable on him. Yukinari is a really interesting character. Personality-wise, I think he's the most complex. Even I don't know what he's thinking half the time. He's both emotionally and physically masochistic, but the latter only with those he already likes. Mostly he's extra-sensitive in certain places (like the nape of his neck, if I remember right) so he gets pouty if he's touched there, but he feels both pleasure and revulsion from being touched, it all just sort of depends. XD
Tumaini wrote:Why are people Shuuki knows being murdered? What's up with Fuyuka's death? Why is fall 2012 so close to the supposed end of the world? If you wanna know, kids, tune in next time - only on Lemmasoft! Danananana Break Chance Memento! *hums Batman tune*
Wait and find out! Everything is connected in ways people hopefully won't expect~ (:

Tumaini

#42 Post by Tumaini »

/stares at Shuuki
Damn. 8D He's so pretty. Didn't peg him as such a light blond at all, but it looks really good on him. With your description of him, I just like him more and more~
Camille wrote:Oh yes, did I mention that Natsume is something of an accidental nudist? He frequently forgets to put his clothes on when he's at home. Don't know if that affects your opinion of him or not... ;D
o_o I, uh, do that all the time too. Haha, wow. That's interesting.
(As a quick note, I love that the Amamiya brothers really seem like family - you just know they're close. Which makes the incest issue all the more delicate... Thank you for wanting to handle it tastefully instead of the typical fare, and I trust you will indeed; for some reason, there is not nearly enough of that. I like incest in fiction because of the delicacy of it, the fact that it's forbidden by society and should be handled as so. Mindless fanservice doesn't do this theme justice.)

Camille wrote:We will probably make a couple copies available through contests and random giveaways and such, so no worries. XD Or if you beta test the game later, you can get a free copy of "Natsume side" as a reward.

Waaah... I hope~ if that doesn't work, I'll just have to force my parents to make a proxy account for me and go to the bank to exchange KM for another currency xD Workarounds...

Well, your responses just make me more giddy for this game... aaah... I cracked up at ''ore wa homo janai,'' btw.

*feels kind of weird replying*

EzzyAlpha
Regular

#43 Post by EzzyAlpha »

/stares at Shuuki

DAMN, he is pretty! Oh, squee, blue eyes~

Celestie
Veteran

#44 Post by Celestie »

OH GOD, I love Shuuki's expression and coloring. Needless to say, you won me over a long time ago already, but now I just fell more and more in love with the guys, especially Natsume and Shuuki *A* Oh hell, I'll just force my friend to play when I am over at her place while I can play Fire Emblem or FF XIII or something.

Arcanum
Veteran

#45 Post by Arcanum »

For some unknown reason, I thought Shuuki would have blue hair XD He's looking really good with that bleached look, though *g* The colors/shading helped to bring out a lot of his personality.

Anyway, Camille, you told us a lot about the other characters, but no such information on Masaharu ;-; More on him, please? I want to know how he relates to the other characters too *g* *already wants to tap that so bad* He makes me sad that there won't be any H scenes… My feelings towards him aren't so pure. Tears of woe.