Breaking Destiny [BxB, BxBxB][Update 8/16]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

Breaking Destiny [BxB, BxBxB][Update 8/16]

#1 Post by Hayzel »

Felix's always considered himself to be the definition of normal. Determined to find something that he can be good at, he's taken up purchasing books from a bookstore from his childhood, hoping to find something. Maybe through the help of his tutor and an old friend he can find the thing that makes him special.

Writers: Higurashikira, Hayzel
Artist: Hayzel
Background: Higurashikira

Characters:
Felix Dawes
A boy that considers himself to be average in every way. He tries his best to find something that he can be good at through hobby books.

Edmund Wyman
A well educated young man with a weak social life. He spends his time helping his classmates with afterschool tutoring and fixes computers in his spare time. Currently, he's been trying to help Felix understand math, with varied results.

Milo Zales
An athletic and spunky boy with a boyish charm. He's extremely popular among his fellow classmates. When he was little he and Felix used to play together.

Stats:
Written: 10%
Sprites: 2%
BG: 0%
Music: 0%

Endings: 4
Last edited by Hayzel on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

Re: Breaking Destiny [BxB, BxBxB][Update 8/6]

#2 Post by Hayzel »

Update! Felix's basic sprite set is up

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#3 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Erm... I'm almost afraid to ask why there's a naked portrait of Felix O_o I'm pretty sure that it's inappropriate, even if it doesn't show anything... explicit. You should probably not show anything below the waistline to be safe. Aside from that, the art is pretty good. Felix does look rather generic, since he is "the definition of normal." If that was what you were aiming for, then congrats! You've drawn one of the most forgettable characters in recent memory! :lol: That's not a bad thing, mind you. If Felix has a unique personality, then he should be able to stand out from the crowd.

As for the story... uh... lol wut? I'm not sure how purchasing a whole bunch of books will make him special. If there are elements of magic (whee!), then that's cliche (aw...). As long as you know where you're going with this, then I won't complain.

Yerp. I've got nothing else to say. Unfortunately for you, I probably won't play this once it's done :| I've got nothing against yaoi, but I'm not exactly the biggest fan of it either. Despite saying that, I wish you luck on completing your game :)
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Hayzel
Veteran

#4 Post by Hayzel »

XD If you have no interest in playing the game why bother posting at all?

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#5 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

What, you don't want feedback? I was just passing by and incredibly bored :/
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#6 Post by carosene »

[BxB, BxBxB]
This. XD This interests me.
Do you mean an open relationship/polyamory, or just a threesome? Or does it just mean that different characters can pursue different characters? Is it a big part of the game or just an ending option?

I'm not sure what the policy is for showing NSFW images out of the hentai threads? The sprite of him where you can see his pubic hair may be pushing it a little for display in the forum though. ^-^;;

I wish you luck on your game. :3
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Hayzel
Veteran

#7 Post by Hayzel »

Thanks. I'll edit that one out haha. One of the endings results in a threeway relationship as a joke ending. The big part of the game isn't as exciting haha but will be leading into the next one which will be much more eventful and fun.

Thank you for your encouragement ^^

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#8 Post by carosene »

What? Joke ending? Awww...

Oh well. XD

A lead in to another game? :o How big are these games and/or this series going to be? Any idea?

Sounds interesting! Keep up the good work. :)
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Hayzel
Veteran

#9 Post by Hayzel »

The first game is going to be really short it looks like. The next one will be much longer and have a good premise. Not sure if we'll continue a three way relationship though. I don't want to give away too much till we get started on it X3 But the game is going to be a trilogy, this being the first installment.

....;-; Lost Dreams isn't getting attention and it's more detailed -cries in corner-

Joey
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#10 Post by Joey »

Oh, this sounds cute X3 What with everyone trying to make their protagonist "unique" and "different", having one that strives to be just average is refreshing~
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr

Hayzel
Veteran

#11 Post by Hayzel »

Haha. He doesn't want to be average XD

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by HigurashiKira »

Joey wrote:Oh, this sounds cute X3 What with everyone trying to make their protagonist "unique" and "different", having one that strives to be just average is refreshing~
Oh, he's gonna surprise you eventually. Trust me.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Joey
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#13 Post by Joey »

Hayzel wrote:Haha. He doesn't want to be average XD
Oh whoops. I'm a careless reader xD Still the prospect of an Average Joe protagonist is pretty damn sweet. \o/
HigurashiKira wrote:Oh, he's gonna surprise you eventually. Trust me.
My interest is piqued, heh heh :9
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr

Hayzel
Veteran

Re: Breaking Destiny [BxB, BxBxB][Update 8/8]

#14 Post by Hayzel »

Bzzzzt Update!@ Milo's first set is up!

Hayzel
Veteran

Re: Breaking Destiny [BxB, BxBxB][Update 8/16]

#15 Post by Hayzel »

Update!