Tailor Tales [GxB] [100% free]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Celianna
Veteran

Tailor Tales [GxB] [100% free]

#1 Post by Celianna »

Hi there everyone! I'm Celianna, and been developing Tailor Tales for a while now, though I don't really have much to show for how long it's been in development. About 90% of the graphics were made by me, including all portraits, sprites and most of the tiles.

Tailor Tales is a romance game heavily inspired by Harvest Moon, and a bit from Animal Crossing, being made with RPG Maker VX. You play as a tailor and make clothes while you live your life in the town of Claner. You can chat with NPCs, and court 5 of them - which is really the main part of Tailor Tales. The plot isn't that important, but you meet a fox who is actually a human, cursed by a gypsy and you have to help him turn back into a human.

It is not a visual novel that seems to be very popular in these forums (I personally can't play them, I like having the freedom of exploring), but more like a RPG game such as Harvest Moon.

Other than making clothes and wooing bachelors, there's several other things you can do. Such as collecting items around town, digging up artifacts at the digsite, visiting the weekly market, participating in festivals and there might be more in the future since it's still in development. I probably won't update this thread that much, so please visit the blog for updates, I update quite frequently.

Tailor Tales, if it would ever be finished, would be released with a censored version and an uncensored version. The uncensored version includes the option to have sex with the bachelor after you're married to him, the censored version won't have any mention of this at all to allow younger players to still play the game.

Tailor Tales is 100% free and is not a commercial game.

Characters
Those that have 'Marriageable' in their information can be married in the game.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Features
  • About 90% original graphics (the other 10% being standard tiles that came with RPG Maker VX, or resources made by other people)
  • Choose between Joselina, the brunette, or Abigail, the blonde, as your playable character
  • Tailor clothing that you can sell, give away as a present, or wear yourself (you can only wear dresses)
  • Court five bachelors by talking to him, asking questions, or giving gifts
  • Be able to perform actions on the bachelors such as hugging, or kissing etc.
  • Everything runs on time, with there being 4 seasons, each having 20 days
  • Exterior maps will change with each season
  • NPCs have their own schedule every day, so sometimes their shop will be closed!
  • Original music composed by AngelsDen and Quesadilla
  • Cook dishes to replenish your stamina
  • Dig at the digsite for artifacts that you can gift or sell - there's a 100 floors to dig!
  • Collect rare Power Hearts by completing certain tasks to increase your stamina
  • Visit the weekly market on Saturdays to buy items you can't buy in town
  • Join in festivals twice a month
  • Each bachelor has 5 heart events in which you can decide its ending
  • Decorate or improve your house with your hard earned money
  • A custom weather system that includes rain, snow and storms
  • You can go on 'dates' with bachelors where they follow you around

Screenshots
Screenshots can be outdated, or some things presented can be removed

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Videos
Here are a couple of videos which show very small parts of the gameplay since it's still very much in development. You can find more (including old videos) here

Credits

Graphics
  • Celianna
  • Lunarea
  • Emmych
  • Mack/First Seed Material
  • A.M.
  • Ying
Scripts
  • Modern Algebra
  • BigEd781
  • OriginalWij
  • Sky00Valentine
  • IceDragon
  • Woratana
  • Yanfly
  • Shanghai
  • Omegas7
Music
  • AngelsDen
  • Quesadilla

Support
Help me spread Tailor Tales!

Code: Select all

[url=http://tailortales.wordpress.com/][img]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8420/tailortalesuserbar.gif[/img][/url]
Or just show off your favourite bachelor:

[url=http://tailortales.wordpress.com/][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9977/tailortalesstampbill.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://tailortales.wordpress.com/][img]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/28/tailortalesstampcalvin.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://tailortales.wordpress.com/][img]http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/9817/tailortalesstampjames.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://tailortales.wordpress.com/][img]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9049/tailortalesstamproy.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://tailortales.wordpress.com/][img]http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1879/tailortalesstampfox.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Celianna on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:40 am, edited 19 times in total.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Tailor Tales - Play as a tailor, and court bachelors [Gx

#2 Post by azureXtwilight »

First post yay!

Been stalking your blog for a few while! Glad you've finally showed up here! This is one of the games I am expecting to play! :)

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#3 Post by wingzofdarkness »

@azureXtwilight: Darn! So close!! My internet shut down on me...>.<

This is a gorgeous display of your work in progress. I am very interested in seeing how this finishes. Do you know how many hours of game play this will have? And are there quests?

Celianna
Veteran

#4 Post by Celianna »

azureXtwilight wrote:Been stalking your blog for a few while! Glad you've finally showed up here! This is one of the games I am expecting to play! :)
Well then, I must thank you! I noticed I was getting hits from this website on my blog, and decided to pay a visit. I'm glad I found this forum, lots of GxB games (though they're most visual novels, and I prefer sprite-games) and Tailor Tales will reach a bigger audience here than at RPG Maker VX communities where they rather see fighting games :lol:
This is a gorgeous display of your work in progress. I am very interested in seeing how this finishes. Do you know how many hours of game play this will have? And are there quests?
I'm not quite sure since I haven't even reached that far yet, but there's a limit of 3 years in-game. Each day is about 20 minutes (24 hours in-game), and there's 20 days in 4 seasons. So roughly I'd say 10 hours for completion, not counting the fact that you can create new save files going for different bachelors.

As for quests, sure I guess you could say there are quests in the game. There's a few things to 'complete', such as the main quest which requires you to tailor a magical tuxedo for the fox to return him into a human. Then there's the task of making all clothing in the game, or all food dishes etc.

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#5 Post by wingzofdarkness »

Celianna wrote:I'm not quite sure since I haven't even reached that far yet, but there's a limit of 3 years in-game. Each day is about 20 minutes (24 hours in-game), and there's 20 days in 4 seasons. So roughly I'd say 10 hours for completion, not counting the fact that you can create new save files going for different bachelors.

As for quests, sure I guess you could say there are quests in the game. There's a few things to 'complete', such as the main quest which requires you to tailor a magical tuxedo for the fox to return him into a human. Then there's the task of making all clothing in the game, or all food dishes etc.
Wow...um, I'm not sure how you did that calculation, but mine shows something else. That is really impressive though.

Oh, oops. I meant side quests. But thank you for the early spoiler =D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#6 Post by azureXtwilight »

I'm just wondering whether this have harvest moon features such as marriage life... XD

Celianna
Veteran

#7 Post by Celianna »

wingzofdarkness wrote:Wow...um, I'm not sure how you did that calculation, but mine shows something else. That is really impressive though.
Well, if you calculate by using all game-hours, it would be around 70 hours real-time, but I have to take into account that the player will not go through all 24 hours in a day, and will probably only spend 8 hours in-game time for each day, so I say roughly 10 hours, which is still a really rough estimate.
I'm just wondering whether this have harvest moon features such as marriage life... XD
Pretty much the entire point of Tailor Tales :lol: one of the requirements for completing the game is marrying someone!

DaR
Regular

#8 Post by DaR »

:3 I love the premise for the game. The art is awesome, too, and I like the idea of censored and uncensored versions of the game. I'll be checking out the blog! :D

Will the game be commercial?
I support Mr. Darcy~ <3

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#9 Post by azureXtwilight »

I mean was after the marriage thing... *gets shot*

aestate
Regular
Projects: Twinkle Twinkle

#10 Post by aestate »

OH WOW~This is so impressive. D: Your art is cute and the interface is amazing!! YOU ARE A SPRITE GOD.
I loved Harvest Moon and this premise is really interesting, so I'll definitely be lurking around your site for updates.
By the way, will this be commercial? I am only a poor student hurr. Nevermind, I checked out the FAQ. :'D
tumblr.Umbrella Cookie.dA.
Current Project: Twinkle Twinkle.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#11 Post by SilverxBlue »

Kyaaaaa! It's alive! (Sorry.) Seriously though, I thought this project was dropped already, I'm so glad to see it back up again and with new and much better graphics. *cries tears of joy and re-stalks your devblog*
Anyways, good luck!

And welcome to LSF! ^_^
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Celianna
Veteran

#12 Post by Celianna »

azureXtwilight wrote:I mean was after the marriage thing... *gets shot*
Ooh, I see. Yeah, if you're not married by the end of the second year, you'll get a game over. So you've got 1 year of marriage life, which includes the option to have sex with your husband in the uncensored version.
SilverxBlue wrote:Kyaaaaa! It's alive! (Sorry.) Seriously though, I thought this project was dropped already, I'm so glad to see it back up again and with new and much better graphics. *cries tears of joy and re-stalks your devblog*
Anyways, good luck!

And welcome to LSF! ^_^
Thanks for the welcome! To be honest, Tailor Tales was pretty much dropped, for one reason only; I hate spriting and making pixel-art :lol: that seriously halted production to a standstill. So I switched styles that I am much happier with and production has been in full-gear since a few months ago.

For the people who had been asking if this was commercial, it is not. Tailor Tales will always be free, because I know how scarce games like these are in English, and I want everyone to be able to play it ^_^

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#13 Post by ririruetoo »

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I-WANT-THIS-GAME-NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please, if you need any help, I'll be glad to be of service! This game looks amazing! I really, really, REALLY can't wait until it's completed! Is it free, or commercial?
ImageImageImage

Celianna
Veteran

#14 Post by Celianna »

ririruetoo wrote:Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I-WANT-THIS-GAME-NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please, if you need any help, I'll be glad to be of service! This game looks amazing! I really, really, REALLY can't wait until it's completed! Is it free, or commercial?
As I said in the post above yours, Tailor Tales is 100% free, it won't ever go commercial ^_^

Veniae
Veteran

#15 Post by Veniae »

Ohmai. That seems interesting. And quite professional, might I add. I shall be stalking your devblog. Good luck!