Tailor Tales [GxB] [100% free]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Celianna
Veteran

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] [100% free] [WIP]

#76 Post by Celianna »

Updated the OP with shinier character info images (also includes two new NPCs).

Beta 1.0 will be released this week!
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#77 Post by Riviera »

The new first page looks great!

Uhh, marriageable is spelled as marriagbeable in the character descriptions, though :(

Also very good news on the upcoming beta! :)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Celianna
Veteran

#78 Post by Celianna »

Woops, damn those typos that I can never seem to spot when I'm designing something. I managed to misspell my own name, several times, because I was more focused on making it look pretty :lol:

Anyways, the beta is almost done, I'm just waiting a bit on some scripting help, and then it's all ready to be tested.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#79 Post by Riviera »

Celianna wrote:Woops, damn those typos that I can never seem to spot when I'm designing something. I managed to misspell my own name, several times, because I was more focused on making it look pretty :lol:
It happens. I make em fairly often and I do a decent amount of work editing and proofreading.. not that good for my record. :shock:

Which is why I go over my LP probably several thousand times before making a post, and then end up editing it once or twice after.

Can you say OCD? I can!
Anyways, the beta is almost done, I'm just waiting a bit on some scripting help, and then it's all ready to be tested.
Great! Geez, some days I feel like you're probably putting at least as much work into making this as what the good folks at Marvelous do for the HM games. So much coding and drawing and...

Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Celianna
Veteran

#80 Post by Celianna »

Tailor Tales beta 1.0 Windows only
--

Do you have RPG Maker VX, or the RTP installed on your computer? Then download the one that says Without RTP. Do you have no idea what this means? Download the one that says With RTP.

With RTP (86 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?x9kqo30bzd17h5o

Without RTP (59 MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2a1hdhwbb5lv68

Please download either WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract the files.

Having troubles installing the version with the RTP? Delete the entire file, then go to the RPG Maker VX website to download the RTP, and then come back here to download the version without RTP and it'll work.

Read the text file that is included for information on what to test for, and what the controls are etc.

--

What's new in this beta? All 5 bachelors have now been given a working schedule, so they'll be in different places on different days, during different times. You can now also interact with Bill, though this is still a work in progress.
You can forage more items and then ship these for money at the Town Hall. You can also take a nap now when you go to bed. You don't start out with all the items anymore, and have to actually work to get them.

Please read the text file that is included for more information! Report any bugs you find in this thread, or on the blog. :)

For newcomers, here's an image to guide you through the player's house:

The closet is not accessible in beta 1.0, nor are the dyes or special thread. You can purchase the sewing machine at the general store for 7000 gold.

--

Known bugs in beta 1.0:

- Calvin’s schedule acts wonky when it is 14:00 and you’re in District 4. It’ll be fixed when it’s 15:00.

- When shipping something, and then selecting ‘no’ when it asks you to ship it, you’ll lose all of the money you’re currently holding.

- Trying to save, on any map, can randomly crash your game (black screen with music still playing).

- You can buy cotton from Bill even though he’s not at the counter.

- Interacting with Bill while he is entering/exiting the map, will cause his sprite to still continue his route, despite talking to him.

- The fox can be found sleeping all day long in the cave.

- James will be in Wyde Forest on a Friday before he is supposed to be there. It will only update if you go to a map where he is supposed to be.

- You can buy as much wool and cotton as you want, except it stops at 99 and won’t give you any more than that, but still deducts the price from it. Same thing for items you buy at the store.

--

@Riviera: I do the exact same thing. When I post something, there's always a typo in it that I missed, and then I'll have to go and edit it real fast. All. The. Time.
Last edited by Celianna on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

MusicaFate
Regular
Organization: Hime*Ko Productions

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] [100% free] Beta 1.0 out!

#81 Post by MusicaFate »

Hurrah! :) The beta is OUT~! WHOO. x3 I've been watching this project for quite a while now~! Teeehee. x3 I'm currently downloading it so O: I have no feedback for it, but good job!! I'm sure it's outstanding based off of what I've seen so far!
Free Artist. :) PM ME ?~

Tenxinori
Regular
Completed: Pure Tears (GxB Otome)

#82 Post by Tenxinori »

Amazing :O

Celianna
Veteran

#83 Post by Celianna »

Lots of bugs this time around as well! Though all of them (with the exception of 1) were pretty easy to solve, so that's a good thing :) The game crashing upon saving took me a while to figure out though, but I got it fixed.

If you spot any bugs not yet listed, please don't hesitate to report them, feedback is also welcome!

Celianna
Veteran

#84 Post by Celianna »

Just a quick update showing a rough dating mechanism. Bachelors will ask you out on a date if you have enough Relationship Points with them, and they're currently not working.

They'll follow you around for 2 hours in-game and say different things based on where you are.

Also a quick note; beta testing for 1.0 is still going!

lazykitsune

#85 Post by lazykitsune »

That video makes me even more excited for this game! It looks so pro~

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#86 Post by ririruetoo »

@Celianna

I have a question about raising guy's heart levels. While I do enjoy harvest moon games ( I know your game ISN'T a harvest moon fan-game), one thing that always irked me was how long it took for you to raise a guys heart levels. It was always the same thing too! example: Gray likes ore-give Gray ore EVERYDAY-same dilogue *nice I like this*-repeat for 2 years. This is why I like Rune Factory games better, by taking requests you actually LEARN something about the characters not only what they like and dislike. Its also shorter ( and funner!) than just giving them gifts. So, my question is: Which game is this going to be more like ( raising heart level wise)?
ImageImageImage

Celianna
Veteran

#87 Post by Celianna »

I'd have to say neither.

The main way to raise their stats is indeed through gift giving, this gives the most points if you give them something they like. The other ways of raising stats are simply by talking to them (their dialogue will change based on a number of things, so it's not like Harvest Moon where you'll have to see the same dialogue all the time), performing actions on them, answering questions they will randomly ask, go on a date with them, participate in festivals as their partner - and choosing the right answer during heart events.

You can also ask them questions to get to know them better, but these do not score any points.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#88 Post by ririruetoo »

@Celianna

Well, at least it won't be boring! (^_^) Are you planning on releasing a demo ( or beta) with dialogue any time soon?
ImageImageImage

Celianna
Veteran

#89 Post by Celianna »

A demo will not be released until I've finished all spritesets/portraits, and incorporated them into the game, as well as finished all of their Spring dialogue. This will take a very long time, so right now I'm only releasing betas.

Beta 1.0 has some dialogue programmed for Bill. Beta 1.0.5 won't contain any new dialogue, since I'm focusing on adding other NPCs to the game. So no, not anytime soon.

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#90 Post by icebluehost »

The more I see your progress the more I admire you. I'm a programmer myself though I've never programmed using the RPG maker before (and unfortunately I haven't really created any games yet...hopefully I will get the chance to...someday), and I can tell how much work you've put into this game. All those dialogues based on the time and location they're in, the characters moving on a timed schedule, how you're going to be able to court and get to know the bachelors (the gifts, the dates, the festivals, the dialogues). Even just thinking about all those things you're going to have to do makes me wince and grimace for you. It's definitely so much more than just a game based on Harvest Moon. I really really REALLY can't wait to see this game in its completion. It's going to be an amazing game, I can feel it XD