Songs of Araiah [Remake]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
vnovel
Regular
Completed: The Flower Shop - Summer in Fairbrook, Ripples, Phantom Seeds
Projects: Songs of Araiah

Songs of Araiah [Remake]

#1 Post by vnovel »

Welcome to the Mansion... These are some of the new locations for vNovel's commercial quality remake of Team BG's (Bishojo Games') well known and inspiring visual novel, Songs of Araiah.
‎"In a fantasy land ruled by a dictator, a boy runs away from home to make a pact of eternal servitude to a mysterious lady in exchange for immortality. But what really awaits in the mansion at the base of Hitely Mountain?"
This upgraded version will be released for all platforms, including Mac, Windows, and the iPad and iPhone.

The game will feature:
  • A revised story and dialogue
  • All new background art
  • New character sprites
  • Upgraded and extra visual effects
  • Additional sound effects
  • Original soundtrack
  • Higher resolution display
If you like the original, you will love this new take on a Lemma community classic!

If you haven't played the original, wait till this new version comes out to give it a go.

We have a trailer available here: http://bit.ly/o79ILh

Expected release date is the end of August.

Follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/vnovel) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/vnovel/127154017330178) to keep in touch.
Working with top indie studios, such as Sakevisual, Winter Wolves, Zeiva Inc, and Team BG, to refine, promote, and release independent visual novels commercially on a wide range of platforms.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Songs of Araiah [Remake]

#2 Post by LVUER »

Will this be commercial or free?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

vnovel
Regular
Completed: The Flower Shop - Summer in Fairbrook, Ripples, Phantom Seeds
Projects: Songs of Araiah

#3 Post by vnovel »

LVUER wrote:Will this be commercial or free?
It will be commercial to support all the work that went into making it.

(But we will have a free giveaway promotion in store for a limited number of copies. Make sure you follow our news channels.)
Last edited by vnovel on Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Working with top indie studios, such as Sakevisual, Winter Wolves, Zeiva Inc, and Team BG, to refine, promote, and release independent visual novels commercially on a wide range of platforms.

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#4 Post by babyfish »

I've seen these backgrounds on DA, and I was thoroughly impressed. Glad there's finally a WIP thread now!
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#5 Post by azureXtwilight »

Awesome background you have there! Will this also be a KN or will it be a VN?

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#6 Post by Mickychi »

Ohhhhhh this looks really good I wish you good luck with it
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#7 Post by jack_norton »

Aren't those royalty free BGs? I am sure saw the first one (top-left) on Hanako's Date Warp game :) anyway, good luck with the game!
edit: I checked the Date Warp ones and it seems that the BG (at least that one) were indeed "revamped" (recolored and with added lighting). Looks much better now indeed.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

jakemorrow

#8 Post by jakemorrow »

jack_norton wrote:I checked the Date Warp ones and it seems that the BG (at least that one) were indeed "revamped" (recolored and with added lighting).
"Recolored"? What the..? Your need an eye-check, jack.
They're both mansions with a staircase...that's about as close as they get.

Looking forward to this version. I love the original. Date Warp is also an excellent indie game worth paying for. My sister loves it.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by jack_norton »

Yes, I checked and indeed are completely different. Might have to do an eye check after all :D
computer games

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#10 Post by Aleema »

To be fair, they share several things:
mansion.jpg
It would be easy to associate the 2 in your mind. There are a *lot* of mansions-with-a-staircase BGs floating around out there and it's hard for me to realize if I've seen one before or not. Catching one with the same perspective? They might have used the same reference photo. But I agree that they're very different and that all the BGs are beautiful.

What sparked this remake, I wonder? I think the original holds a dear place in all our hearts, and it wasn't awful. It was actually a beacon of its time, if I remember.

jakemorrow

#11 Post by jakemorrow »

A quick google search produced this... I think there's some kind of a general logic as to how stairs should be designed to look in a large luxurious house. There's the single stairs with an arc above, and then there's the "Scarface" double-stairs design (http://goo.gl/H1o4Z). It's like a stereotype...quite funny to see...

I don't think it's anyone's fault, just a coincidence. And your eyes are alright after all, jack. ;)
Attachments
lobby_stairs.jpg

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by jack_norton »

Aleema wrote: What sparked this remake, I wonder? I think the original holds a dear place in all our hearts, and it wasn't awful. It was actually a beacon of its time, if I remember.
Well since they're going to sell it (commercial) I think was a good move to produce new content (art, etc) so people won't be annoyed (the original game was freeware if I remember correctly).
jakemorrow wrote:I don't think it's anyone's fault, just a coincidence. And your eyes are alright after all, jack.
Yes well, in my case was sure it was same image so was wrong anyway :D
computer games

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#13 Post by lordcloudx »

Little comment on the preview video. "Time-old" and "seasoned" basically mean the same thing. (maybe you meant "timeworn?"). Also, that particular line in the video is a comma-splice, I believe.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#14 Post by HikkiPanda »

Those background artworks are so beautiful ... . me so envious :(

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#15 Post by Wright1000 »

I don't understand why you are creating a game that was already finished before and releasing it as commercial?
Anyway, this isn't a project of Team BG, is it?
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.