All Boy School Impact! (Updated!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
xxcautionxx
Regular

All Boy School Impact! (Updated!)

#1 Post by xxcautionxx »

Pictures: Scroll Down
And sorry for the big pictures, I'll make them smaller later >.<

-Pictures done by Tag-

Name: All Boy School Impact!
Type: GxB Visual Novel Using Ren´py
Genre: Romance, Light-hearted. CAUTION!- People who like lots of drama, horror, or other genres probably wouldn´t like this game... but since you´re already here just go ahead and try it :D
(When it´s out~)

Obtainable guys: 5 ( +1 secret character )

Summary:
Asami is a 16 year old girl whose life has been boring and dull. Suddenly, she finds out that they´re moving away... to a (not so) small, not-well-known country named Emelay! The reason for this sudden change? Long ago in Emelay, her father was the crown prince of one of the kingdoms of Emelay, since his older brother was not completely part of the family. He rejected the throne, eloped with Asami´s mother and moved to Japan. And who is Asami other than the ex-crown princess, but to regain he title in Emelay, she needs the proper education. It just so happens, that the dad´s older brother is the headmaster of one of the most recognized schools for teaching those of royal and wealthy lineage, Laurelton Hall Academy. Her parents tell her she has to go to LH Academy. She finally agrees to go. When she arrives at the school, she realizes one crucial fact her parents didn´t tell her... it´s an all-guy school! Well, she had always wanted an interesting life... right? :lol:

About the characters:

Name: Asami Hatsuragi (Real name: Julianne Asami Percival)
Role: Protagonist, (supposed to be) Crown Princess
Tidbits: Actually a secret princess, and is supposed to be next in line for the throne, usually happy, easy-going and clumsy, but can be very … um… frightening when angered xD, likes sweets, hates to do work.

Asami leads an average, or otherwise boring life. She is shocked when she finds out she is actually a princess, what went through her mind when she was told? “YESS all the food I want!” She is actually Julianne Asami Percival, and she´s the princess to the number one most well known family, The Percival´s of … the center?! Her real family is like the head of all the kingdoms, since they are the most influential in politics as well as the economy.

Name: Ren De La Salle
Role: Prince
Tidbits: “Ren” is short for Renald, he doesn’t trust people, cold, very sarcastic, doesn’t like messy people (and likes cute things shh!).

Ren is always getting misunderstood because of his attitude. At first he is against a girl “invading his man palace”, and consistently shows it, but then begins to open up to Asami, even though she reminds him of his first and last childhood love. He is the prince to the second most well known royal family, The La Salle´s of the north.

Name: Kio Sharpeknight
Role: The son of a knight, is a soon-to-be knight
Tidbits: a bright person, funny, easy going, carefree, player, likes basketball, and has Ailurophobia, the fear of cats.

Apart from being the star of the basketball team, he´s an innocent player. He gets to go to this school since his father is the most trusted knight of the royal crown of the east, The Presedeaux´, and had been given the task of looking after the prince, Leonard. They have been best friends since child hood, and he practically babysits the shy prince. He played around a lot with girls (since he was so immensely popular) but when he met Asami, “something just clicked”.

Name: Leonard Presdeaux
Tidbits: He´s shy and reserved, plays the violin, gets “wild” just by smelling alcohol XD [no guys were damaged (wut?) in the making of this game @_@, and I do not endorse (correct word?) drinking, it’s for comedy purpose only] xD, has Dipsophobia, fear of alcohol (Ex- in wine), likes cats.

Leonard is the usual silent-prince type. When given the opportunity, he will happily play the violin so majestically (a pun? xD) that people around him always stop midway in their tracks just to listen. Leonard is the prince to the third most well known family, The Presedeaux´ of the east. He really likes cats (I would TOTALLY imagine him in one of Sebastian’s “kitty moments” xD) and normally stays out of trouble, unless he either accidently smelled or drank some alcohol. Can Asami cure him of his (hilariously) weird phobia?

Name: Luciano Eubreaur
Tidbits: kind yet somewhat smug, one of the sexiest guys alive but very stuck up, kind of has a double personality, likes to be called Luc (say it like Luke), absolutely hates to be stuck in a single place, loves sweets.
Lucia-- er I mean Luc is the prince to the fourth most well know family, the Eubreaur´s of the west. Like it’s already been stated, he´s stuck up yet somehow he still manages to be labeled “kind”. He really likes to tease Asami due to her being stuck in a school full of guys. His favorite way of annoying her is to call her “manly” like. (As in, flat-chested, mean and rough xD).

Name: Frederick Percival
Role: Crown Prince
Tidbits: Kind, Loving, Compassionate, Romantic, he is the “son” of the current king.

Frederick is a real life representation of what a prince should be, he is perfect in every way, but is very modest and doesn’t think highly of himself. He goes to this school without his father’s knowledge, since the school his father wants him to go to has more rich snotty kids than any other school. His father wants Frederick to be like him, in other words, to be a good for nothing slob.

Name: Alexandre Ace Amblour
Tidbits: ???

???

Here's the basic design for Kio, Asami and Ren done by Tag- :D

And a WIP of Ren -->Image

Other Characters:
Andrea Dominitri (Mom) – Asami´s mom and a love/ romance freak.
Antonio Percival (Dad) - Asami´s dad and supposed to be king.
Valerio Percival – Headmaster of the school Asami´s attending. Named the school after his mother´s last name. He is also Antonio’s big brother, even though they don’t share the same father. That is the reason why he couldn’t become king.
Carlsen Percival – The current king of the kingdom positioned in the center of Emelay. He is very greedy and couldn’t care less about the country, he only did it for the money and for all the things he could get. He makes the prime minister take care of all the problems so he doesn’t do anything.
Fabiano Eubreaur – Luc´s little brother in the eighth grade, and loves being around you since he looks up to you as a role model.
Mary Spinet – Asami´s friend, who works in the school cleaning service, is older by 6 years. She always has some sort of information to give you, be it rumors, about the guys, or rumors about the guys.
Nina Myers – Asami´s friend number 2, assistant chef in the cafeteria, is older by 5 years. Gives you helpful hints and tips.

Current progress:
Story: ~45%
Script Draft: ~23%
Sprites: ~5%?
CG´s: 0%
Backgrounds: 50%
Music: 25%

The team (so far):
Script, Story, Programming: Me
Sprite Artist: Tag-
Last edited by xxcautionxx on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Me- White! Oranges! Cats! The Simpsons! Square root of 61! TWENTY-FOUR!!.... What was the question again?
Friend- .... How are you....
Me- ..... 24?

Neko-chan

Re: All Boy School Impact! ( a GxB VN )

#2 Post by Neko-chan »

Yay, my very first post~! This project sounds really interesting. My favorite characters right now are Leonard and Luc. I wonder how you can be kind and stuck up at the same time? Anyway, I shall be stalking this project, mwa ha ha ha ha!

xxcautionxx
Regular

#3 Post by xxcautionxx »

Neko-chan wrote:Yay, my very first post~! This project sounds really interesting. My favorite characters right now are Leonard and Luc. I wonder how you can be kind and stuck up at the same time? Anyway, I shall be stalking this project, mwa ha ha ha ha!
haha thanks :D

oh your new? then welcome to the forums! :)
~ oh i feel special by being your first post :wink: ~
Me- White! Oranges! Cats! The Simpsons! Square root of 61! TWENTY-FOUR!!.... What was the question again?
Me- ..... 24?

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#4 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Hey, I'll be honest with you. You're writing a very cliche and overused story, and unless you can pull it off well or parody it, it won't stand out from the crowd. In other words, you're writing yet another otome game. You'll need serious skill with words and humor or a shocking plot twist (young girl finding out she's a princess doesn't count; that's a given with this kind of story) to make people notice your game.

As for your characters, meh. Ren is a jerk with a heart of gold, Kio is a jock, Leonard is the quiet dude, Luciano is a different type of jerk, Frederick is a Marty Sue, and I don't even know about Alexandre D: These guys are stereotypes from what I read, and they're... well... bland. Unless one of them has a monocle or some sort of badass accessory each boy has a dark and terrible past or something to make them more 'round', I probably won't remember them.

As for your problem concerning art, you should try going to the Recruitment forum. See if you can snag yourself an artist, or pitch your idea out to people. If an artsy person likes your game, they might offer their service to you. In the worst case scenario where no one will draw for you, you can do the art yourself or use the free resources. I suggest you check them out and use a few as placeholders when you're coding.

Alas, coding. Ren'Py is simple once you understand how it functions, so read the wiki and the new documentation if you haven't already. If there's still something you don't understand or you need help with, feel free to ask! Everyone here is friendly and is always willing to lend a hand to their fellow VN creator.

If you do chose to continue working on the project, then I wish you the best of luck.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

xxcautionxx
Regular

#5 Post by xxcautionxx »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:As for your characters, meh. Ren is a jerk with a heart of gold, Kio is a jock, Leonard is the quiet dude, Luciano is a different type of jerk, Frederick is a Marty Sue, and I don't even know about Alexandre D: These guys are stereotypes from what I read, and they're... well... bland. Unless one of them has a monocle or some sort of badass accessory each boy has a dark and terrible past or something to make them more 'round', I probably won't remember them.
Gah @_@ apparently I have no uniqueness to writing romance stuff xDD maybe I should just stick to writing tragic stories -_- They say I have talent for everything gloomy and dark xD

Yeah the characters are kinda cliche, I had the same problem in the other thread, too. Really the point of this game is just to be something fun and enjoyable, with some akwardness and small problems along the way. Oh and thanks for the links ;D Oh and back to the characters, they do have something along the lines of a terrible past, most of them do, anyway. I really like reading over the story over and over, but i guess that´s just me xD Still hope you´ll play it once its out though :3
Thank youz!
Me- ..... 24?

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#6 Post by Stripe »

I will be totally honest here, this may be a 'typical otome game', but there's a reason otome games are so popular, and, well, I'm more than happy with cliches to be fair :'D I look forward to seeing how you do with this and how it shapes up! <3
As it is, I think the visual novel community needs more typical-otome-games anyway... everyone seems to go 'this has been done so many times!!' but I can't ever seem to find them :'D

Aquane
Veteran

#7 Post by Aquane »

Heheh, after trying so many different types of games and encountering many different characters.. its a bit nice to go back to the cliche type~ I look forward to this <3

TakeOverWorld
Regular

#8 Post by TakeOverWorld »

It's nothing new, but I probably would play this. Just wondering, do all the boys know she's a girl? And why would the headmaster let her into an all boys school? < That's what always bothers me about these type of storys.

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#9 Post by HikkiPanda »

don't worry about cliche ^^ .. they works :P

also something similar is regarding flawed character, a lot of people (including me) says that good characters are the ones with flaws .. but in reality, even perfect character like Takumi Usui from Kaichou wa Maid sama can steal the top spot too :D.
Last edited by HikkiPanda on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#10 Post by azureXtwilight »

I would play, for the fun of it.

I hope there would be a lot of humors though :3
Agree with TakeOverTheWorld above XD And why would the headmaster let her into an all boys school?

xxcautionxx
Regular

#11 Post by xxcautionxx »

@Ris
Thanks :'D and yeah, all I seem to find lately is mystery games and gender bender :3 not that I have anything against them of course xD I love all types of games xD (As long as they have bishies ~ )

@Aquane
YAY~ :D

@HikkiPanda
Oh So even though those types are complete opposites, they still have the same amount of popularity xD
.... now i want to go back and rewatch all of kaichou wa maid-sama, just because you mentioned his name xDD

@TakeOverWorld & azureXtwilight
Hehehe~ This part entertains me...
Yes all the boys know she´s a girl, that´s why most of them were against having a her go there.
The headmaster let´s her go to the school because ( there´s two different reasons, but I´m not going into much detail ;3)

1) He thinks it´s only fair for her to regain her title, but she needs proper training, and she can´t go to other schools, since they would ask too many questions, and would find out about her real identity (To find out why it´s bad if people know her identity, you would have to play the game ;3)

2) Both the headmaster and the Dad despise their brother, the king, since he´s couldn´t cara less about Emelay, and they think that the son who is supposed to take over is just like him. (They don´t know he actually goes to Asami´s school)
Oh and yes, lots and lots of humor... Definetly xDD
Me- ..... 24?

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#12 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

It seems like a number of people are still interested in the standard otome game, so I better see an awesome reverse harem of pretty boys :lol: Seriously, I need to see a guy with a monocle and/or top hat plus cane combo. In fact, the headmaster should have that perfect gentleman outfit. Imagine him strutting around the school halls with his fancy clothes, twirling his gorgeous mustache...

That's it. I'll definitely play your game if the headmaster has a monocle :D
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

xxcautionxx
Regular

#13 Post by xxcautionxx »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:It seems like a number of people are still interested in the standard otome game, so I better see an awesome reverse harem of pretty boys :lol: Seriously, I need to see a guy with a monocle and/or top hat plus cane combo. In fact, the headmaster should have that perfect gentleman outfit. Imagine him strutting around the school halls with his fancy clothes, twirling his gorgeous mustache...

That's it. I'll definitely play your game if the headmaster has a monocle :D
Haha maybe I should design the headmaster just for you xD
and that image made me LOL :lol:
I´m happy I got so many good responses, makes me wanna work even harder :D
Last edited by xxcautionxx on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me- ..... 24?

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#14 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I don't really get why they would be offended she is female. Most males I know would be over the moon about finally being able to be around a female if they were stuck at an all boys school, especially if they were teenagers. I would think it would make more sense if they had distaste or were nervous about who she was, not what she was. Either her being raised as a commoner and traits she may display, or the fact she is causing disruptions in a royal family. That type of thing.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#15 Post by Blue Lemma »

An all boys school? Sounds like a horror game to me!
Really, middle school and high school boys are the worst, ugh. Not to say the girls are all angels, either, but just imagining going to an all-boys school when I was little... Bleh!

As some have said, the premise sounds cliche. Not that that's an automatic game-killer, but it raises the bar for execution. Try to mix in surprises :)
Art v. story: I suggest finishing the script (not just the story, but the actual script) or coming very very close before you worry too much about art. Script work kills games, art work does not. Not OELVN games, anyway.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )