WIP - Heileen 3

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

WIP - Heileen 3

#1 Post by jack_norton »

As I posted in my blog, I've decided to make a third and very very likely last episode of Heileen 3. It won't be a pure VN, but a dating sim like Spirited Heart but set in the pirate world in the Caribbean, and maybe even a colony / town simulation.
A short WIP scene that shows well the mood/spirit of this third game:

I've decided to go back to the first game setting/mood: fun+romance. Writing the second episode with all the dreams and supernatural stuff was cool but perhaps too much "serious" versus the first title. I'm currently aiming at 28 different endings, though I might reduce the final number a bit :mrgreen:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Aquane
Veteran

Re: WIP - Heileen 3

#2 Post by Aquane »

:O! I loved the first two games, can't wait for this one~ <3 it looks good! Morgan was my favorite out of all the characters :) Pirates are awesome!

modesty
Regular
Completed: Line of Heroes
Projects: Captive Finwife, Trouble Brewing, Human Experiments

#3 Post by modesty »

I loved the first two games so I'm excited to see where you'll take the story. I've played the other two games so many times. :)

*stalk project*
I definitely liked the introspective and "serious" aspect of the 2nd story. It set a nice tone and made for some very interesting character development. However, I can agree with your plans if its to be more of a dating sim/life sim type game if things were lighter.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks :) I liked the 2nd story serious style too (maybe even more than the 1st), however as you say I think the life/dating sim mechanic works better with a more lighter setting. This doesn't mean there won't be some more serious/adult scenes though.
To be honest more than the serious setting I think what lacked a bit on the second episode was the romance that way key part in the first game. There is romance in the 2nd but later on in the story, so people probably thought the game was only about mystery/supernatural things.
computer games

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#5 Post by ririruetoo »

I CAN'T WAIT! Do you need any help? I'll be glad to offer assistence!
ImageImageImage

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by jack_norton »

Lol thanks, for now not since I'm doing all the scenes first (the writing), when I start doing the gameplay part I'll need more feedback :)
computer games

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by OtomeWeekend »

3 Letters: OMG!!!!!!! xDD Oh, i so love heileen x3 I'm so gonna stalk this thread!!!! PLEASE LET ME!!!
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks, I'm happy too to make a new Heileen game since it was the first VN I did and I have a special attachment to those characters/settings/story :)
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by jack_norton »

I am having a dilemma right now about the romances :)
I was planning to have 6 romance endings on Heileen 3. Need to be max 6 since are tied to the character attributes (strength, endurance, agility, wisdom, charisma, piety). My current plan is to have 3 hetero and 3 homo endings.
The three male dateable characters would be: John (obviously!), Morgan and... Elias :D
The three female would be: Marie (obvious), Lora and... a surprise (not a new character though).

However, nothing is set in stone yet, so I was wondering:
- dating Elias would be too much weird ? I thought I could do Jonathan for example, but he is very similar to John as aspect, so was not sure. Elias in the sequel is a very different person, and thought even if is older than Heileen is still a cute man (I think, though I'm not a girl!! lol)
- should perhaps reduce the homo ending to 2, and have 4 hetero instead? so I could have both Jonathan and Elias?
- should introduce a new male dateable character in place of Jonathan or Elias instead?

or something else? I am accepting suggestions/feedback! I made a poll on my forums if you want to vote:
http://www.winterwolves.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2112
computer games

Stargirl18
Regular

#10 Post by Stargirl18 »

I dont think date Elias whould be weird. I think he is cute boy and ha 3 hetero and 3 homo endings whould be very good. Yes introduce a new male dateable character will be good too. Mabey you can do such a switch between characther, For exemple switch between Ellen and Marie and do the same whit the boys. So we can see Maire's point of veiw and after that see one of Boys point of veiw. And after that switch too Ellen again. Mabey when we see Maire's point of veiw we can get Maire too fall in love whit one of the boy's and to the same whit one of the boys. All that is yust a suggestion. Do ha good work whit your Heillen 3 game and i hope I can play the game soon. From Stargirl18 :)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#11 Post by azureXtwilight »

I think dating Elias would be a bit weird, considering what happened in the first game... A new character like someone whom belongs to the navy or someone who wants to annihilate the pirates will be awesome and creates a conflict 8D *considering most of the players here likes GXB a lot it's advisable to add more guys* *shot*

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by jack_norton »

Yes so far the minipoll on my forums shows people want more GxB and also a new character :)
computer games

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by OtomeWeekend »

jack_norton wrote:not sure. Elias in the sequel is a very different person, and thought even if is older than Heileen is still a cute man (I think, though I'm not a girl!! lol)
I died laughing while reading this xD

But seriously, imo, I actually can't imagine Elias more than a brother-like or father-like figure? Yes, it might just be me or I just don't really like the a bit too old dateable character? *shot*

I second the new character x3 Though Heileen is already awesome, a fresh air is never unwelcomed. >.<
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

AriaRules!
Regular
Projects: High School, for the Supernatural!
Organization: AriaGames

#14 Post by AriaRules! »

Oh. My. God.
I've been waiting forever for this day, or WIP to come out (: So glad your doing it, I don't know about the simulation, I really liked the VN version.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by jack_norton »

Well rest assured that the simulation in easy mode will be really simple. After the feedback I got from Always Remember Me is clear that some people prefer to just play dating sims at very easy level :)
computer games