Toy Box (Hiatus until Next Year D:)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Mocha07734
Regular
Projects: Toy Box

Toy Box (Hiatus until Next Year D:)

#1 Post by Mocha07734 »

So I wanted to do something really short and simple for my first try at making a visual novel.
And this is what I ended up with. > 3>

Okay... That totally went down the drain. Oh wells. Just means a bit more work, which means it'll be more fun. 8D
But I assure you I will NOT drop this no matter what. If I run into a problem I will try my hardest to solve it.
And if for some reason I do drop this I give you permission to slap me across the face. >_<;

The VN will go through all of the toy's stories.
Each of the stories will be really short with up to three choices to make.
The choices you make will only really affect the very last mini story which will revolve around the person who owns these toys.

Introducing...

(Sorry if you can not read it... If so PM me and I'll send you what the text say. QAQ)

Alrighty!
Here is a basic summary of each of the character's stories. :)

Buttons
Childish, inconsiderate and straightforward. He acts like a spoilt kid always wanting everything to go his way. Will he eventually grow up and act more mature or will he continue to be a nuisance to everyone with his unreasonable and selfish requests?

Zipper
He just wants to be left alone. His ideal place is quiet without any disturbances. Too bad it is quite hard to find a place like that with all the toys around. Will he grow to love the company of his fellow toys or will he continue to show vexation to his current situation?

Stitch
Never ever be around when she has her mood swings, unless you wish to become a ghost. The only problem is you never know when she is going have these mood swings. Will Stitch eventually learn to control her emotions or will she continue to harm the toys close to her with them?

BunBun
Gossip, it’s what he lives for. He wants the latest news of everything, no matter whether it might be false or true, and when he hears the news the first thing he does is tell all of the toys around him. Will BunBun learn to only speak of the truth or will he continue to spread fabricated lies?

Krawrk
Krawrk hardly ever talks. Her main means of communication is either by a nod or shake of her head. Is there something preventing her from speaking? Will she learn to speak her thoughts or will she continue to stay quiet and keep everything bottled up inside?

Cocoa
Love can be a beautiful thing to a toy, but not in Cocoa’s case. She is in love with another toy close to her, but he doesn’t love her back. Will Cocoa be able to handle her current situation or will she continue to wallow in pain from her one-sided love?

Rob
Strength is a necessity. At least that is what Rob thinks. He wants to become stronger, at least stronger than the weak and cowardly self he is now. What are his reasons for this? Will he learn something important on his path for strength or will this so called strength only end up harming the very reason he wanted it?

Lex
Beautiful, elegant, cool and amazing in every possible way. The only one who honestly thinks that however is Lex, himself. But what do the other toys know? To him they’re just some foolish toys who don't understand true beauty when they see it. Will Lex learn to stop looking at the mirror and look around him or will he continue to obsess at the beauty of his reflection?

Rep
He was the first toy to be made, thus he is the oldest among the toys. With this comes responsibility to look after each and every one of the toys. At least, this is what Rep feels. Will Rep learn that the other toys can do things for themselves or will he continue his ways to end up only hurting his friends?

The Owner

She loves toys. She loves them like her family. But when her real family, her parents, starts to think they are a nuisance and only get in the way of her studies what will she do? Will the owner choose her family of toys or will she choose to abandon them to only forget them as she grows up?

Okay, that's it.
Tell me what you think of the stories so far and who's story interests you the most. :)

On another note:
I'm actually not sure what to call 'the owner'... Maybe I should keep calling her the owner... No, that would be unreasonable since I need people to be calling out her name... Should I maybe just call her Mocha? Since the toys are based off my own toys... What do you guys think?

The Sprites

On another note: The toys are actually based off the ones that I have. >w<

Also a heads up, I may or may not possibly horribly suck at this and ask for help continuously...
...and this so called mini-project will take forever to make due to my slowness... TT__TT
Last edited by Mocha07734 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:36 am, edited 14 times in total.

Arivien
Regular

Re: Toy Box

#2 Post by Arivien »

I really like your design.

All the toys look unique while still sharing an overall art style. Rep looks awesome. :3
Sounds like it'll be an interesting VN. I'll be watching this one.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#3 Post by SilverxBlue »

Looks interesting.
*Starts stalking* >_>
Oh and I really like Rob by the way! He looks so cuddly and cute!
Good luck!
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

TakeOverWorld
Regular

#4 Post by TakeOverWorld »

The character designs are cool :) It's a nice idea as well. I wish you luck :D

Mocha07734
Regular

#5 Post by Mocha07734 »

Thanks for the encouragement! :)
SilverxBlue wrote:Oh and I really like Rob by the way! He looks so cuddly and cute!
Glad you like him. :D He is after all the most easiest thing to draw.

Just finished Rob's sprite as well.
He's too fat so you don't get to see as much of him as Buttons in the expression set thing. :L

Arivien
Regular

#6 Post by Arivien »

Okay, Rob is adorable.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#7 Post by teacup »

This is so creative and super adorable ;A;
I can't pick a favorite... but I really like Rob and the bunny thing who's name I can't quite read.
Good luck!!

Mocha07734
Regular

#8 Post by Mocha07734 »

teacup wrote:This is so creative and super adorable ;A;
I can't pick a favorite... but I really like Rob and the bunny thing who's name I can't quite read.
Good luck!!
Ah-ha! My messy handwriting never fails me, actually his name is ment to be BunBun or it's Cocoa...
The one wearing the bunny costume thing is BunBun and the one with the floppy ears is Cocoa. :)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#9 Post by teacup »

Oh, I could read that one. :) I meant the other bunny-like thing (is it a bunny? lol, it might not be) Either way, they're all cute! XD
Nevermind XD

Mocha07734
Regular

#10 Post by Mocha07734 »

WAAAH! I couldn't help myself! D:>
I blame you guys for loving him so much.

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#11 Post by Cidz »

awww those toys are adorable i want ones like those now haha. This seems like a cute idea. I like stories that go through different POVs and stories ill keep my eye on this periodically <3

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#12 Post by Fawn »

What a pleasant idea :D It's nice to see new ideas on here for once! I've always loved stories about toys (Have you read the Velveteen Rabbit or Indian In the Cupboard?) Is Rob squishy perchance? @v@

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#13 Post by cosmo »

I'm in the Buttons fan club :) – Very nice art! Please go on! :)
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.

Mocha07734
Regular

#14 Post by Mocha07734 »

Cidz wrote:awww those toys are adorable i want ones like those now haha. This seems like a cute idea. I like stories that go through different POVs and stories ill keep my eye on this periodically <3
The toys are actually based off of the one I have.
I also love different POV stories. That's why I decided to do this. >w<
Fawn wrote:What a pleasant idea :D It's nice to see new ideas on here for once! I've always loved stories about toys (Have you read the Velveteen Rabbit or Indian In the Cupboard?) Is Rob squishy perchance? @v@
Actually, I haven't heard of them. I'll check them out when I have the time.
Rob is basically a big pillow plush thing. Although he isn't squishy, he is really puffy and soft and is an awesome replacement for a stress ball... <w<

Also BonBon's sprites are done, Lex's is nearly done (just need to add the expressions and stuff) and I'm just about to finish the base colouring for Rep.

Also nearly done planning out the mini stories for each of the toys...
I won't be updating as regularly as I am right now in the future, but at this moment I feel the urge to finish off the sprites quickly so I can get to the story and scripting... o____e;
Last edited by Mocha07734 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mysterialize
Veteran
Projects: The World is Made of Paper

#15 Post by mysterialize »

Aw, man. I try so hard to not judge a VN topic by it's character designs and art style, but I honestly find these ones so adorable that I couldn't resist it. I really hope the novel itself lives up to the design quality.

Bunch me in with the Rob and Rep. fanclubs. I'm also curious about what Krawk's full color design is going to look like, because his sketch is kind of catching my interest.