A Tale of Tails [GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
pleasethinkofme
Regular

A Tale of Tails [GxB]

#1 Post by pleasethinkofme »

**I will warn you that this is a project that has been cancelled before, and may never be finished.**
Plot
Trapped in a collapsed cave, Tulia is slowly losing her mind to memories of the war between sirens and humans. After being found by two men out searching for treasure, she discovers that thousands of years have gone by since her initial departure from her disaster-stricken home. It appears as if she is the only mermaid left in the world and the two men come to the conclusion that they have a fortune on their hands. However, as they try to transport her to the nearest town, they are intercepted by a friendly water nymph named Pim. Pim reveals there is a whole other world in which mythical creatures reside, including mermaids. So, promising them treasures beyond their wildest dreams, Pim and Lily set off with their new unlikely companions, Tucker and Owen, in order to find the rumored entrance to this strange world. Will they make it there alive? Or does fate have something else entirely in store for Tulia?
Characters
Tulia
Our head strong protagonist who's not always all there.

Owen

A friendly man who got caught up in the wrong crowd; he used to be a baker but is now a treasure hunter and thief.

Tucker

Tucker is a mostly unpleasant fellow who is especially talented in the art of pushing people away. Is it possible he is more than what he seems?

Pim

A bubbly fairy who's been living in secret among the humans for years.

Credits
Sprite Shading -
Art - Me
Backgrounds - Various Sources

Progress
Sprites - 4/7
(I lost the person helping me get the sprites done early on, and they were never entirely finished as a result.)
Writing - 3%
Music/Sounds - 100%
Attachments
screen shot tot.jpg
Last edited by pleasethinkofme on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 253 times in total.

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

Re: A Tale of Tails

#2 Post by DragoonHP »

The story seems fascinating and your art is really good...

Just a suggestion, but try to break the main post in different parts with bold text labels or something more interesting...
It makes the game look more polished...

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#3 Post by pleasethinkofme »

DragoonHP wrote:The story seems fascinating and your art is really good...

Just a suggestion, but try to break the main post in different parts with bold text labels or something more interesting...
It makes the game look more polished...
Thanks for the advice, I tried to make it neater looking ^.^ and thanks for the positive words too :3

Veniae
Veteran

#4 Post by Veniae »

Seems intriguing. <= Has a soft spot for mermaids.

I'll be keeping an eye on this, good luck!

Also, it's Renaissance

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#5 Post by pleasethinkofme »

Veniae wrote:Seems intriguing. <= Has a soft spot for mermaids.

I'll be keeping an eye on this, good luck!

Also, it's Renaissance
haha, thank you! ^.^

Rilxi

Re: A Tale of Tails 5%

#6 Post by Rilxi »

I bookmarked this so I can keep an eye on it.

I quite like the writing sample from Peter's path. Lily seems a bit sarcastic which is a nice change from the average oblivious otome protagonist.
I support Tailor Tales!

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#7 Post by pleasethinkofme »

Rilxi wrote:I bookmarked this so I can keep an eye on it.

I quite like the writing sample from Peter's path. Lily seems a bit sarcastic which is a nice change from the average oblivious otome protagonist.
Yayyy!! :D but haha, I wanted her to have a bit more attitude XD Personally, if two guys were considering selling me for money...I wouldn't be too happy with them either D:<

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#8 Post by ririruetoo »

I really loved reading the dilogue you posted! It makes me even more excited about this game ( that and the fact that my name is Lily). Anywho, I really can't wait to see the finished product, or the demo for that matter. So, good luck! I'll totally be stalking this thread!!
ImageImageImage

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#9 Post by pleasethinkofme »

ririruetoo wrote:I really loved reading the dilogue you posted! It makes me even more excited about this game ( that and the fact that my name is Lily). Anywho, I really can't wait to see the finished product, or the demo for that matter. So, good luck! I'll totally be stalking this thread!!
Yayy!! :D And I love the name Lily dearly, so I consider you very lucky! haha, but I'm thinking that the demo might (don't hold me to this) be released in about a month or so...I'll have to see :/

Liz

#10 Post by Liz »

I like the premise. Especially the writing sample :) and inter species relationships, count me in ^_^ lol.
The name of the game is very clever. ;)

/bookmarks.

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#11 Post by pleasethinkofme »

Liz wrote:I like the premise. Especially the writing sample :) and inter species relationships, count me in ^_^ lol.
The name of the game is very clever. ;)

/bookmarks.
You are awesome <3 lol, but thanks! :D

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#12 Post by pleasethinkofme »

Look; new character art for Jack!!! I am so excited about this :3 Hoping to start sketching the next few soon ^.^

PockieHoshi
Regular

#13 Post by PockieHoshi »

Since you mentioned you needed help on this project,I'd be willing to help in anything =]!

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#14 Post by pleasethinkofme »

PockieHoshi wrote:Since you mentioned you needed help on this project,I'd be willing to help in anything =]!
Yess! Help would be great ^.^ If you could perhaps colour, that would be awesome!! :D Of course this is a very slow moving project, so It'd be a while I'd actually send you anything to colour -.-

PockieHoshi
Regular

#15 Post by PockieHoshi »

Sure ^^!
I don't mind how long it takes either xD~