Ultimate Yandere Simulator - WIP

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: Ultimate Yandere Simulator - WIP

#16 Post by Der Tor »

LOL... i just found the PERFECT photo while browsing around on a dating site... http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=28442208 But of course i can't use it without asking... and asking would be ridiculous... like "hi, i am working on a Visual Novel about a psychotic, female axe murderer... your photo would fit perfectly, can i use it?" :mrgreen:

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#17 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

ROFLMAO I can just imagine that girl's reaction.

Girl:..........What the fuck is this person crazy!? (Or something like that. No new pictures yet due to lil sis having gone to dentist and her not feeling like taking pictures. That plus we still need to find the right clothes)

Edit: All right finally got her to take more pictures. Unfortunately all we could find was that hoody you'll see below. I tried to pose as if she was the one taking the picture in certain shots. (She wasn't very cooperative tonight....and there were times she ended up smiling when I was taking the picture)

Some of the pictures I wasn't really sure of. And there was a moment I face-palmed since before the knife pictures she was already wearing the same hoody. @@ So you don't have to use all the pictures. I'm gonna take them down once you reply since I'll assume you already copied the ones you wanted/none of them seemed right.

As for the water bottle....she was getting aggravated at a site.

(And as for the pics with the knife close to her face...yeah I freaked out irl and told her to be careful. So those who are curious, no she didn't cut her face. Thankfully.)

Hopefully when our older brother Monday/Tuesday he'll be able to help us find something more shinigami looking. *sweatdrops*

(And if you're actually able to make that girl agree I can always use the pictures as drawing practice for creepy drawings XD)

Edit again: Pictures have been removed.
Last edited by Sunlit-Dreamer on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Der Tor »

MUCH better! Less cute... but cute isn't what the game needs... :)

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Der Tor »

Okay so i updated it again and also included two of the pictures now. I took out the color a little and reduced the brightness to make them a bit creepier :)
So tell me what you think. And of course i haven't updated the writing yet... meaning she is still written like a German. Maybe you have some suggestions about what should be changed in that regard?

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly

#20 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

When I played, I went "Holy crap the stereo's in the picture and she lives alone how will people react to that!?". Although I also noticed my grandparents' photo in the background. You could say that she is part German from her mom. As for why she's teased it could be because of her looking chubby and since she's mixed? idk, but I'm sure you'll think of something. (Haha she always whines about clothes I pick for her since she'll say "I look faaaaaaat". She even did that at some pictures making me delete them. XF)
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Der Tor »

Sunlit-Dreamer wrote:You could say that she is part German from her mom. As for why she's teased it could be because of her looking chubby and since she's mixed?
Hey that's a good idea, i could build that in :lol: No seriously though... it's very nice of her to do this so if i where to build it in i wouldn't want her to get the wrong idea...

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#22 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Yeah, and I'm doing something for her in return in a way. Which will take some time. XD (And she really does whine about some of the pictures) And don't worry she isn't. I made sure that she understood what was going on and such.
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Der Tor »

I updated it again and also changed the story a bit to better fit the photos.
As i found out making a Ren'Py game run as a Facebook app is possible in theory - but totally impractical in reality.
So making it run on Facebook or on a website will NOT be possible - at least not with Ren'Py.
But on the other hand i kinda want the game to simulate a chatroom on the internet, so having it run in a browser would really add to the atmosphere, so i am thinking if maybe i could rewrite the game in flash or something else that can run in a website and simulate a chatroom, that would be really cool. A while back there was also a Visual Novel engine called Sylph that apparently was capable of running inside a browser. But it seems to be down. Anyone still have a copy of it?

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#24 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

All right played the most recent version. Saw that you incorporated that she's a halfer and made it part of the reason why she's bullied. (Heck even the picture of my grandparents on the wall could be used as proof XD)

As for Sylph, I unfortunately don't know anything about it. Maybe you could put up a thread in Game Makers or Skill Development to ask about it?
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Der Tor »

I have updated the game again and i am now proud to present the first Alpha release! It's still unfinished of course, but it's definitely an improvement over the previous pre-Alpha versions. This will also probably be the last version i will release in Ren'Py. There will probably never be a Beta version or at least not a finished version - at least not in Ren'Py. Because now i am working on the next step, which is making the game run as a Facebook App on Facebook, simulating a Facebook chat. And i will get some help for that since i can't do that alone. And because this isn't possible with Ren'Py there will probably not be further updates to the Ren'py version - it will continue being developed as a Facebook App though.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#26 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Uhm....weird. I downloaded the most recent update. Twice. And both times I get an error after extracting saying the archive is damaged or something, than when I open the folders, they're empty.

Anyway I wish you tons of luck making it into a Facebook app!
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Der Tor »

strange... works fine with me... maybe if someone else where to test it?

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#28 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

All right, I gave the link to this thread to my friend Tres and had him download. It doesn't work for him either. He's telling me that it's corrupted.
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Der Tor »

Thanks... does it work now?

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Der Tor »

Thanks to the help of justblue and his awesome skills, we are now proud to present the first version as a Facebook App!
http://apps.facebook.com/visual-novel
Of course this is just the test version. It stops when she shows you her picture (it's not a bug, we just haven't finished it yet).
Once we have finished the demo version of the app version we will anounce the app version as a Work in progress of it's own.
Also i think this is actually the first real Visual Novel on Facebook (or at least one of the first). And i think the aspect of making it look like a Facebook chat worked out quite well...
Later on we might even have Miriam make threatening posts to the user's wall :lol: :twisted: Hell she could even totally stalk you on Facebook :twisted: