That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles [Otome/BakeSim]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

Re: [Otome, Bakery Sim] That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles

#61 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

@ 9:19: Yeah, those two are real clowns :lol:
Which is ironic, considering that they have the worst problems out of the five guys.
But hey, hipsters Xavier loves irony.

@ Rin: I love stalkers I have to warn you though: don't expect the whole game to be happy and fluffy all the time. *points at title of the game* Google that phrase, and you might get what I mean. You'll have to metaphorically go through hell and back if you want my boys :twisted:
And yes, Joshua is
part Vietnamese, Chinese, and Russian.
I dare you to figure that one out :mrgreen:
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

facades
Regular

#62 Post by facades »

Wow. A Bakery Sim + Visual Novel? The 'Bakery Sim' word was the first thing that caught my attention. The next was the super adorable logo! Followed by the characters and their background stories. The character sketches are nice! I can't wait to see the finished sprites. I like Alfonse, he has this really gentle and kind look that makes me want to go over and hug him (as a little brother). I like Elise's and Miss Moe's designs too. Looking forward to seeing the designs for Santos, Renee and Aaron. (: I'm excited to watch how Elise and her friends run the bakery together and the drama that comes with it. ( With reference to your title, I'm guessing that loads of things are going to happen (: )

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

#63 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

facades wrote:I like Alfonse, he has this really gentle and kind look that makes me want to go over and hug him (as a little brother).
If another person says that they like Alfonse the most, I swear that I'm going to punch him in the face ಠnಠ Must... resist... urge to shove walnuts down throat... AL WHY DO YOU FILL ME WITH SUCH CONFLICTING EMOTIONS RRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEE
Anyways... Apologies on lack of updates lately. Ryurieri is pretty much done sketching Santos. All that's left is to find the right hairstyle for him and then he'll be good to go. She tells me that her family dragged her away from home against her will she's on vacation with her family, and the internet connect there is a little iffy. I don't expect it'll take too long for her to fix up Santos though. Also, Mild Curry and I are finally off from school, meaning that we should be able to make a lot of progress in these next few weeks. I have about 2 weeks to type up as much script as I can, so here's a snippet for your reading pleasure (and also so that way this update isn't so meh):

Code: Select all

j"Hey, you busy this weekend?"
e"Hm… I don't know. Why?"
j"Just wonderin'. You want a fortune cookie?"
"He hands me said type of cookie and looks at me expectantly."
e"I thought you didn't like these things."
J"Yeah, I hate fortune cookies. But I have a good feeling about this one!"
"Eh, I might as well open it. With a small crack, I split the sides of the cookie in half and pull out the slip of paper inside."
j"Well…?"
e"\"Tomorrow you will go to the movies with someone special to you.\""
j"Sometimes these things can get pretty accurate."
menu:
    "Accept the invitation.":
        $ renpy.block_rollback()
        e"Heh, I guess so."
        $ joshua.currentThoughts=("Aw hells yeah! Note to self: fortune cookie invitations {i}do{/i} work.")
        j"Sweet! Then it's decided!"
    "Decline the invitation.":
        $ renpy.block_rollback()
        e"But usually they're not."
        "Joshua sighs dejectedly and looks away."
        $ joshua.currentThoughts=("What a bitch! The one time I’m actually {i}trying{/i}, she rejects me. Someone remind me why I’m going through all this trouble again?")
        j"…"
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Funnyguts
Veteran

#64 Post by Funnyguts »

RE has taken over my blog to post stuff about her game! T_T You should go to the TwinTurtles Games blog and tell her how unfair it is to take over someone's blog like that!

She also said something about the blog being the first place where she posts new stuff, and there will be more detailed game info there.
I'm joking, I let her share my blog since I've been helping out with the game. I was planning on moving everything not related to it and my other games to my Tumblr anyway. I'll still be using the blog to post about the stuff I'm working on independent from TWCC, too.

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#65 Post by Aiurax »

I would never say no to you Joshy <3
Give me all the fortune cookies you like!

'The someone special' part could mean anyone, though? D:
Her cat, for instance (if they allow cats to come into the cinema...)
Unless this is far into the game where they got something goin' on.
Or are about to get something goin' on.
Or she's not so oblivious to his advance?
Or you could make his advance all that bit more obvious?
'Tomorrow you will go to the movies with the person next to you'
Just a suggestion~

I've been reading about all the changes too.
Maybe I should get a website.
Or you know, I've heard stealing someone's website is becoming popular nowadays :mrgreen:

In all seriousness. Don't kill off Alfonse early in a freak 'accident' involving pastry, or anything.
You're just going to have to live with the fact that Al is a pretty popular guy (and if everyone knew what was best for them they would hush up about him so he doesn't become as dead as a doorknob.)

Anyway, how is everything going??
Also... I'd like to know what made you come up with this idea? :)

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

#66 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Aiurax wrote:'The someone special' part could mean anyone, though? D:
Her cat, for instance (if they allow cats to come into the cinema...)
Unless this is far into the game where they got something goin' on.
Or are about to get something goin' on.
Or she's not so oblivious to his advance?
Or you could make his advance all that bit more obvious?
'Tomorrow you will go to the movies with the person next to you'
Just a suggestion~
I was more going for the idea that Joshua considers Elise close to him, but notice his thoughts... Take the fact that he chases anything female but never goes past that initial phrase, and you'll start having to wonder what the guy really wants. Even though I haven't given you all the pieces, try connecting everything.
Aiurax wrote:Or you know, I've heard stealing someone's website is becoming popular nowadays :mrgreen:
I don't know what that means DDDDDDDD: Gutsy (hehe, guts) told me to use her blog, and it was a giant mess renaming the thing and stuff. I wanted to start off with a fresh one, but she said no :C
Aiurax wrote:You're just going to have to live with the fact that Al is a pretty popular guy.
I don't wanna :c Do you know how hard it is for me as the author to have her least favorite bishie be the most popular? It's so conflicting! I mean, he may be all moe and bishie and handsome (possible nosebleed inducer by Keilis), but I like more interesting guys. Al is just so... D: I don't like him as much as I do my other boys.
Aiurax wrote:Anyway, how is everything going??
Also... I'd like to know what made you come up with this idea? :)
My wrist hurts like a bitch ever since I started knitting scarves again for my friend, and my sister stole my good computer mouse. The old junkie one that I'm using doesn't help the fact that my computer lags and my wrist hurts even more when I have to click really hard for it to work.
... Oh wait, you probably wanted a progress update, huh? Erm... writing-wise, I haven't gotten as much as I'd like to done, nor have I checked it in jEdit yet to get a definite word count D: Art-wise, Ryurieri has yet to send me a new sketch of Santos to approve. Programming-wise, we're making great strides :mrgreen: Curry sent me an updated code, but I have yet to check it at this time. As for that second question, I'll answer it at the blog later ;)

Twinturtle Games Website

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

#67 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Apologies for the double post, but Ryurieri did finish fixing up Santos. Not going to attach him to this post since I'm too lazy >_> He's on the blog if you want to see him.

Twinturtle Games Website

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

Re: [GxB,BakerySim,Blog+Poll!]That's the Way the Cookie Crum

#68 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Argh, damn this triple posting. I feel like I'm talking to myself DDDDDD:
Not to sound like a broken record, but there's a character popularity poll up on the blog. No doubt on who the winner will be damn you Al I'll give you some banana nut muffins on your birthday grrr but I'd like to see how the other boys are standing on the charts. Go vote and then check out the "Meet the Characters" posts (so far there's Joshua, Xavier, and Alfonse). Naturally each character knows more about him or herself than Elise does, so there'll be more info there than on this WIP. You can actually ask them some questions in the comments section and they'll reply back.
Actually, it's just me roleplaying the characters >_> They'll get back to you in the comments section.
Feel free to bombard them with all sorts of inquiries!

Twinturtle Games Website

Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

#69 Post by Rin »

Voteeed!! xDDD I wanna woo Josh badly!!! Also Alfonse, but just can choose one ;_; Oh well xDDD
I share some common things with Josh, so I'd like to get to know him first once the game is released~
Wah Aaron currently rules the poll. I wonder how does he look like *x* (Or there's his portrait somewhere that I missed?)

LizBeth
Projects: A Cat with One Life

#70 Post by LizBeth »

I asked Santos a question! I know he doesn't have a Meet the Characters post yet, so I hope its okay I commented on his character sketch? If not, I can always ask again later. Voted for him too!

Ryurieri
Projects: That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles

#71 Post by Ryurieri »

Hey babes and dudes!
Aaron's sketch is up and posted on the blog along with many other character introductions. You can see em here http://twinturtlegames.wordpress.com/ Go check it out now now now!

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#72 Post by CheeryMoya »

Long time no update, eh? Sorry for the slow progress, but we are still getting things done.

The point of this post is to tell you all that we have a release date for a demo decided on: March 31. It’ll have the basic baking sim part done, and hopefully sprites plus a week’s worth of dialogue if Ryu and I can get it in on time! Look forward to it :3

P.S. And here are chibis of the two most popular dudes, according to the polls. If you haven't voted yet, what are you waiting for?
ImageImage
Don't ask me what Al is wearing. Outfit colors are subject to change. *crawls away before the fangirls come*

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#73 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

*squealing at the adorableness, glomping Alfonse* Cuuuuuuuuuuuute~~~~~ And the date for demo. *le gasp*

Hmm....to spoil myself and play it....or to hold back and wait for official release...

....I shall play! That way in official version I have some idea on how the baking part works. (In that outfit Alfonse sorta reminds me of Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club. Only cuter. And cuddlier.)

And I'm guessing that's Joshua, my other fave. Yay my faves are the most popular! (So far, should never count chickens before they hatch...) *has already voted weeks ago*
ImageImageImageImage

Princess Akina
Regular

#74 Post by Princess Akina »

:O
-amazed-
Definitely stalking your thread.
And I'll just grab Alfonse while I'm at it *runs away*
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#75 Post by CheeryMoya »

Princess Akina wrote:Definitely stalking your thread.
Stalking the blog would be a better idea, just sayin'. You get the updates as they come and turtles! Who could ask for more? ;)
Sunlit-Dreamer wrote: (In that outfit Alfonse sorta reminds me of Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club. Only cuter. And cuddlier.)
Which reminds me that I need to fully watch that show one day. My sis watched that a long time ago, and I always managed to catch every instance of twincest... *shivers and laughs uncontrollably*

Oh, and you guys can take Al if you want, no problems here. I imagine that it'd look something like this... *pulls slightly better art from the thread in which she is trying to improve those legs*
I still don't understand why that dude is so popular with the babes.