Bloody Marionette (GxB)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

Bloody Marionette (GxB)

#1 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Right, a little tiny warning for Twilight lovers out there... I've had this idea loooong before I've ever heard Twilight, so I hope nobody takes this to heart.
Besides, I adapted this from my own written book~
:)
(ALERT ALERT!!! LARGE IMAGES AHEAD!)

Bloody Marionette

I'm.... not fully human....
I'm.... not fully a monster either...
I have screws on my body and every attachable parts of mine are capable on spinning 360 degrees.
I'm a CURSED DOLL.

Jetrya Force Edmund has been trying her hardest not to reveal her secret by shying away from everyone she meets. She has been called a freak and loser from everyone that passes by- well, not everyone. Due to certain situations she ends up involved in, she meets with the 3 most popular young actors (who are also students at her school) who are starring movies (already having a sequel) called Bloodsuckers, acting as 3 heroic vampires. But then Jetrya finds out that these so called vampires, are REALLY vampires and that they've been searching for her and needs to protect her under the orders of their boss, who is likely not human and things get even more complicated when their boss wants to break her curse when he is known to be the one who cursed her! Jetrya then meets more 'different' people, realizing of how many secrets are kept from her when she's the main objective for almost everyone involved.
There's more than what meets the eye, ehh xD

Alright, thank you for surviving such ridiculous summary. On with the characters!~
(I won't post every obtainables here. They'll be giving spoilers. Most of the old and new character art are posted at the 2nd and 3rd page by the way for those who want to see some colour in here :3 )

Jetrya Force Edmund

The MC
Personality: Quite timid and a pessimist, self keeping but somehow frank and blunt at the same time yet also kind-hearted. Immediately freaks out on almost every unordinary thing for her even though she's actually brave.

Nick Shawn Rivelands
Personality: Smart, nice, charming; quite the perfect guy. He's nice to everyone and treats everyone equally. Nough said.

Cage Fawkes Callen
Personality: Girls, girls, girls, an addition to flirting. Playboy type and childish, has a Porsche and he's proud of it xD

Ethan William Azric
Personality: Cold-hearted, bad mouthed and violent. A gangster, rumors say he beat about 10 weapon armored college boys with his bare fists.

Right, there are much more obtainables than these 3 guys only, but that's a secret~
This VN is divided into chapters. Chance of having a demo will only be the 1st one.
I'm also thinking of having voice actors. Some of my friends have joined in but any opinions?
I'm working everything almost on myself so bear with me, kay? :)
Thank you for reading!~
Last edited by ofdawnandtwilight on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:13 am, edited 7 times in total.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Bloody Marionette (GxB)

#2 Post by Riviera »

I don't really see any Twilight relations other than "vampire likes rather comparatively plain girl," but... *shrug*

The art looks nice, and I like the idea of her being a cursed doll... looking human (at least enough to pass for one) and not really being one...

Makes me wonder if she has noticeable ball joints or if she would crack if injured.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Well, not really plain. That's actually something that I made up to cover the whole plot and blah bla blah.... Everything in this story starts with some people loooooooooong ago and they have connections with her in the present. The story has so much to reveal that they must stay as secrets and could only be known by getting on each boys' paths. This doesn't actually have any love at first sight things but there
will be werewolves and much more than Twilight has....
And you guessed right! Not on the ball things, but the cracked injured stuffs. I was in a hurry when posting this so I forgot to type bout it. Eventhough she looks human, her skin feels plastic and the only way to see her in doll form is when she scratches or injures herself where her screws are visible and her skin looks as if polished.

The story has some bloody scenes and the genre is mystery, supernatural, slice of life and romance. I hope people who are interested will be looking foward to this :D

Vegeluxia
Regular
Projects: The Exorcynic (WIP), CPU-CITY (WIP)
Tumblr: lemonylulu
Deviantart: Vegeluxia

#4 Post by Vegeluxia »

I am looking forward to this. :’D I adore the cursed doll idea.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#5 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

A doll. A doll. We get to play. A "creepy" doll. AWESOME. Along with gory scenes and mystery. YOSH. Along with the vn told in chapters while each path shows different parts of the past and secrets? *insert Hallelujah music* And it's not the cliched love at first sight?

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY STALKING YOU.
ImageImageImageImage

Veniae
Veteran

#6 Post by Veniae »

Sunlit-Dreamer wrote:A doll. A doll. We get to play. A "creepy" doll. AWESOME. Along with gory scenes and mystery. YOSH. Along with the vn told in chapters while each path shows different parts of the past and secrets? *insert Hallelujah music* And it's not the cliched love at first sight?

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY STALKING YOU.
What more can I say?

... Oh, I know: Good luck! :D

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#7 Post by Mickychi »

This looks interesting Good luck with it!
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

PervertPrince
Regular

#8 Post by PervertPrince »

So, they play vampires in a movie and they actually ARE vampires? Sweet :D

Also, with a title like 'Bloody Marionette', I thought this was going to be some kind of horror game XD
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

^

Ahh, thanks everyone!
Now I reaally need to make this game a success!
But does anyone here doubt of me thinking to have voice actors for this?

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Kay, just finished Jet's sprites!~

hooded ver. and,
normal ver.

Expressions are done also, so I'll have to choose from many of I did which are the most suitable.... where I think is all ^^;

Vegeluxia
Regular
Projects: The Exorcynic (WIP), CPU-CITY (WIP)
Tumblr: lemonylulu
Deviantart: Vegeluxia

#11 Post by Vegeluxia »

They look so pretty colored~! C:

As for the voice acting thing... If you can decent recordings, why not? It sounds like it'd be a good idea. I always love hearing what characters sound like.

If you do include voice acting, I'd suggest not adding voices for entire paragraphs. Especially if the text can't be skipped during this time. I've seen some of that in games like Rune Factory and it gets really annoying really fast.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

IKR!? XD
Don't worry though, if I do put voices, I'll make sure they can be skipped :D

Ahhhh, I totally forgot to draw the second outfit for unhooded Jetrya =.=
gotta edit it, then I'll work on Ethan's sprite. Good thing the demo doesn't have too much characters xD :D

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#13 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

I'm good either way if you add voice actors or not. But if you do that means having to put on headphones. XD *keeps them close to me*

If it wasn't for you saying "hood", I would've thought he just came out of the shower with a towel on his head....ooh that's a good scene I should write that down.
ImageImageImageImage

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#14 Post by Mickychi »

There good except the nose in the normal version looks like it's in the wrong spot with the mouth where it is.
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

poppyrocks
Regular
Projects: ~FairyTale: The Wander's Test~,~ Boyguard ~

#15 Post by poppyrocks »

XD, interesting storyline!! Def playing this one :D

Hope you can finish soooon!