Becoming Wishful (Dating/stat-building sim, GxB)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

Re: Becoming Wishful (Dating/stat-building sim, GxB)

#46 Post by Aiurax »

I think your thoughts kind of echo my own, when I woke up this morning I was all 'WHAI IS SOMEONE COMMENTING ON MY THREAD?'
It doesn't usually happen, unless I post something new D:
The stat building... Uhm. It's not going to be one of those that you do everyday to raise a certain stat.
You're going to have to find a special event (some more hidden than others) and choose a path at the event.
The stat-building is not really linked to getting the guys. It's more about learning about her life before the beginning of the game.
BUT. The guys do remark about certain stats (once they are high or low enough).
I also would like to implement something to do with her living quarters (example: you haven't cleaned it and you have a date over, depending who it is you'll get different reactions [also depending on how unclean it is you'll get different reactions]) stuff like that. I'd want the MC's home to be like her Headquarters.

Ah, thank you. It's so hard having so many different love interests for a first game. But, because they're so fun to write about it's not so bad. And h3llomiko is an amazing artist. I snapped her up even before I had an actual concept for my game D:
Plus, she is SUCH a nice gal. She puts up with the fact that my time-management skills suck lack!
In their descriptions I tried to be quite varied with what they look like, especially their clothes and hair (I tried to have short and long hair in equal proportions and the colours of their clothes to be quite spread out on the colour palette)
YES. Pirate is awesome. I have many sources to turn to for him. But just to clear up some stuff, as some people might get confused. He's Egyptian, yes. And likes to think he's a Pirate, yes. But, he's not an Egyptian Pirate. He just happens to be both.
Yeah! I already started planning the sequel *bad girl* and the name!
The sequel will be BxG or BxB or just BxEveryonethatmoves.

Crazy Ana is in there for the funs. She's an integral part of the story, too, though.
SCORE 1 FOR BROGAN.
(I love Camp's hair too <3)

Yeah, I thought about that. I ended up writing my own song anyway (which you may have read if you read the spoiler box). It's kind of bad but, eh.

Thank you for nice comments~
Don't be a stranger now. I need all the Brogan love.

Veniae
Veteran

#47 Post by Veniae »

I believe I need to point out that every time I read 'crazy Ana', I feel confused for a moment. That's my real name xD

More on topic, keep up the good work! <3

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#48 Post by Mini_Moshi »

This project looks great! I would just like to point out that Aña is not a portuguese name. We don't use "ñ" in portuguese. Ana, however is a portuguese name (and my name as well XD)

I don't know if you care about something like that, but I thought I would just let you know anyway. :)

xelacroix
Regular
Projects: beautiful girls

#49 Post by xelacroix »

looks good. when will i can start playing?

Aiurax
Regular

#50 Post by Aiurax »

I haven't updated for a long time, for various reasons. But I have been writing still. And I have some images to show you all. I'll hopefully be able to program in some of my writings into Ren'Py next week also. My new job doesn't afford me a lot of extra time. It doesn't help I already have another job. Anyway. The first image is h3llomiko's sketches of everyone in colour :) Enjoy.

ImageImage

Now this image is done by a completely different artist named Mich Wing, but I can't seem to find his DeviantART anymore. I'll keep looking tomorrow. This image is one of many that will be the MAIN MENU BACKGROUND. Is it strange to have two different artist styles like this?

Anyway, more to follow on the writing/programming side next week. 'Til then.

DreamDragonHatchling
Regular

#51 Post by DreamDragonHatchling »

nice, nice, keeping an aye on this one( I am an aye monster have lots of them)

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

#52 Post by inhalance »

Wow, the art is amazing! You have such a talented artist! ^^ (or should I say artists?) I think it's fine to have different art styles, as long as they don't transition often, such as CG's being inconsistent with the art.
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#53 Post by Mimi_Melody »

^^ I love it, both the story and the art! :") Can you give us some updates about the progress? (Like most ppl do. Script ?%, Art, BG, CG ?%...etc ?) Well anyway I'll be looking forward to this :D Keep up the good work!!!

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#54 Post by FatUnicornGames »

No boys in glasses? xD

ANYWAYS! Looks fun! Hope things are still going well.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#55 Post by Ran08 »

Ahaaaa. This looks so great. :3
The art is beautiful~~
One thing I have to ask about the characters though... the two girls at the rightmost of the two pictures? Is that really their size? I mean... don't they look... um, not proportionate compared to the other characters? :O

Aiurax
Regular

#56 Post by Aiurax »

@DreamDragonHatchling - Thanks for your support :)

@inhalance - Thanks for answering my questions. CG's are far and away at this moment in time. I don't/haven't found anyone willing to do them for me. Not that I've been looking, anyway. Yeah they are pretty amazing artists ^^

@Mimi_Melody - Thanks :) Uhhh, sure I can.
Script - 34% (10% Ren'Py scripted)
Art - 50% ?
BG & CG - Pretty much non-existent at this point. I'm focusing more on my script. Once it's about 50% done and encoded I'll find some people, if I can.

@FatUnicornGames - I have actually had a few people complain about there being no glasses-wearing guys. It really didn't occur to me that there needed to be one. But I guess not having one misses out on a huge market. So I'll think about it. Things are still going well. Apart from a few hiccups. And the fact I keep changing my mind every 5 seconds. I seriously think when it's finished it will look like five different people have written it. I need to get consistency in my writing. Plus my laptop likes to change where I'm writing mid-sentence -.- Yeah it's annoying.

@Ran08 - Thank you, and yes the art is very striking. It's honestly loads better than I could ever hope for. Erm. I never noticed it, if I'm honest. I guess they're just.. small? My artist h3llomiko is actually doing the sprites for free.. So I'd rather not get all demanding about everything. I mean this is going to be a free game, so I don't expect it will be amazing, to say the least. It is my first VN after all.

Thank you all for your support. And I actually forgot to apologise to all of you who have supported me in the past, and then I just fell off planet. I sincerely apologise to you all.

Okay, now some stuff about the game.
I am a little late, I know, I'm sorry. Having two jobs doesn't afford me a lot of time and I've had to get to grips with Ren'Py again after so long. I am hopefully going to script more of my writings onto Ren'Py tonight and tomorrow (I finally have a day off!) and then get the 'ole nuggin going again thinking up new ideas and such. As I said previously in this post I'm going to wait until I have at least 50% of my script done before I start fixating on other aspects of the game. I am also (at some point) going to start up an individual site. It will probably be in a few weeks time. When I have just one job again.
And I think that's it.
It's good to be back! :)