Celestial Crusades -Origin- (otome GxB)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
vikingspirit
Projects: Celestial Crusades -Origin-

Celestial Crusades -Origin- (otome GxB)

#1 Post by vikingspirit »

I am happy to announce that my very first VN is finally underway! This game is still in the very early stages of development so I don't have a lot to share with you. I can tell you that the story is based loosely around Japanese mythology and folklore. As I continue working on this I will make sure to update this thread with more information on the game. I am making a lot of this game on my own so all I ask is that you be patient with me. These things take time to make :)
~Updated! 12/05/2011

Title: Celestial Crusades -Origin-

Genre: Supernatural/Adventure Otome
Summary: The seven celestial seals that keep the demon realm intangible from the human world have started to weaken. As creatures of long forgotten legends begin to stir, the life of one girl, Saya Ohshima, changes dramatically. A demon comes to her seeking the celestial pendant and it’s a race against the clock to stop all hell from breaking lose! The Celestial Guardians have disappeared and need to be found. Will you be able to find the guardians and stop a great evil from enslaving the entire human race!?
-Characters-
Saya Ohshima is the protagonist of the story. She is very gentle and kind hearted; always looking out for others and loyal to friends. Saya has just finished her Junior year of high school and is looking forward to a relaxing summer break.

Leon Valure is a Bakeneko (Ba-ke-ne-ko); a proud, slightly narcissistic and shameless flirt of a cat demon. He has a laid-back personality and often randomly wanders off to do his own thing...whether other people like it or not. Stressing over every little thing only complicates life after all! He may not always take things seriously but if someone he cares about is in danger he will risk his very life for them. Leon is also very possessive of what he believes to be his and doesn't really like sharing with anyone. His curiosity and eagerness to learn has made him a strong wielder of elemental magic. Unfortunately, Leon's boundless curiosity also get's him into a lot of trouble. -Obtainable-

Kaymus Magnum is a Kitsune; a mischievous, charismatic and unpredictable fox demon that is well known within the Yokai community as a prankster. Life is like a game...might as well have fun playing it, right? Kaymus quickly loses interest in anything that isn't what he considers 'fun' and will leave (even in the middle of a conversation!) to find something more entertaining. He excels in the art of cunning and regularly involves others in great difficulties only to (occasionally) help them out of it again by guile if it benefits him in some way. Be wary of this one because nothing is as it seems. Transformation and illusion are his specialty and give him an edge when dealing with enemies. -Obtainable-

Theo Hayashi is Saya's (human) childhood friend and captain of the Kendo team at their school. He is very soft-spoken, kind, smart and reliable. Theo acts like the protective older brother, always fretting over Saya's well being. -Obtainable-

Conan Tovar is an Inugami. An Ineffectual Loner with a terrible past, he pretty much keeps to himself and trusts no one. Creating bonds of friendship with others is pointless as they become nothing more than a distraction and/or liability. Conan is also very condescending, single-minded and somewhat cynical. There are very few humans and Yokai who can stand being around him so anyone seeking to tame this hound better have a lot of patience. In battle it's his raw attack power and speed that help him fight toe-to-toe with Yokai (and the few humans) who wield magic. -Obtainable-
-Credits-
As of now there are just two people working on this otome.

Script: Zogunplex and myself
Everything else: Me
Last edited by vikingspirit on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Joey
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

Re: Celestial Crusades -Origin- (otome GxB)

#2 Post by Joey »

Oh wow, the story sounds interesting and your art is adorable ^^ Good luck!
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr

vikingspirit

#3 Post by vikingspirit »

Thank you very much! I shall do my best :D

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#4 Post by Razz »

I think 'bakaneko' just means 'stupid cat', and not a type of demon...

vikingspirit

#5 Post by vikingspirit »

Razz wrote:I think 'bakaneko' just means 'stupid cat', and not a type of demon...
Heh ^_^' Not Baka...Bake. Bakeneko :) Yeah...when I first read about it I had to do a double take too because I thought it said baka.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#6 Post by Razz »

vikingspirit wrote:
Razz wrote:I think 'bakaneko' just means 'stupid cat', and not a type of demon...
Heh ^_^' Not Baka...Bake. Bakeneko :) Yeah...when I first read about it I had to do a double take too because I thought it said baka.
Oops, my bad! ><

vikingspirit

#7 Post by vikingspirit »

Razz wrote:
vikingspirit wrote:
Oops, my bad! ><
Haha! No no it's alright :lol: Seriously! I made the same mistake too so no worries. ^-^

poppyrocks
Regular
Projects: ~FairyTale: The Wander's Test~,~ Boyguard ~

#8 Post by poppyrocks »

awww i totallly adore your art <3

ill be watching this XD

Veniae
Veteran

#9 Post by Veniae »

One word: Cute!

I wish you luck with this, certainly gonna play it when it's out!

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

#10 Post by Death_HUG »

The art is so cute~ >///<
The story sounds really interesting too!! Wish you good luck >.<

vikingspirit

#11 Post by vikingspirit »

Thanks to poppyrocks, Veniae, and Death_HUG for your kind words \(^0^)/ I totally appreciate the encouragement. It really means a lot to me. I look forward to sharing this with you :)

Zogunplex
Regular
Projects: Dark Caravan

#12 Post by Zogunplex »

Ah, woot! Saya's so cute ^-^

I can't wait to get to know the other dudes in your VN ^-^ Woot!
Shameless Plug for My Game Forum: http://zgforums.proboards.com/index.cgi

vikingspirit

#13 Post by vikingspirit »

Zogunplex wrote:Ah, woot! Saya's so cute ^-^

I can't wait to get to know the other dudes in your VN ^-^ Woot!
Haha! I need to get their sprites posted so you can see what they look like. Leon is all about style so he will be dressed in something both fashionable and functional :P Kaymus is kind of mysterous and unpredictable and I want what he wears to sort of say that...I think his outfit will consist of multiple layers with a very foreign feel to them. Conan is a guy who like to be prepared so he will be concerned with function more than anything else concerning his clothes; he will most likely be dressed in some sort of light weight armor. As for Theo...nooot quite sure what he will look like but he will probably end up looking the most normal out of all of them :P

Zogunplex
Regular
Projects: Dark Caravan

#14 Post by Zogunplex »

Leon is all about style, eh? Ooh, I AM excited to see what he wears! ^-^ I love his cat ears...they make me happy. ^-^ I'm also excited to see what Kaymus wears- it will be really fun to see what you come up with! I like to google and search for foreign clothing when I want to come up with character clothing ideas in my spare time. ^-^ But most of the time I just make it up :P but yeah. ^-^ I really like flowing clothes and layers. Lots o' layers. ^-^ Transparent stuff and colors that fade into each other.
Shameless Plug for My Game Forum: http://zgforums.proboards.com/index.cgi

vikingspirit

#15 Post by vikingspirit »

Yup. As soon as I get my laptop up and running again I will get started right away on the guys sprites ^_^ I can't wait to get those done!