Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy|Female Protagonist]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy|Female Protagonist]

#1 Post by teacup »

Title: Circum[N]avigate

Genre: Science Fiction Fantasy

Plot: The year is 21XX. Due to a technology restriction, life has returned to rural lifestyle. Amongst humans are gods and spirits, co-existing and interacting with each other as equals. There are also floating cities, which are kept afloat with the power of air spirits. The question is, why is life like this now? What happened to make the future this way?
Because radio, computer and television are outlawed, people called messengers are appointed to keep contact between the floating cities and the grounded cities via floating staffs called ‘cirna’. Mana is an apprentice messenger, along with her childhood friend, Reimei. But lately, the power of the air spirits has become weak. The floating city over Mana’s town is threatening to fall. Tensions become high between both communities, as they’re both at risk to lose their homes. As a result of this, the once peaceful job of a messenger has become a dangerous one.
Will you strive to bring the towns together and replenish life to the spirits?
Or will you neglect your duties and choose another fate?

Mana
The heroine. Mana lives in a small town called Satori. She is an orphan who was taken under the care of an old man she calls Grandpa and is training to be a messenger. Mana is very interested to know more about her parents and their death, but most things about them are kept secret. She’s mostly soft-spoken and sweet, and has an interest in gardening.
Reimei
Mana’s friend since they were young children. Similarly, he is an orphan adopted by Grandpa, who he only calls ‘old man’. Reimei keeps a good presence around adults, but his true side is not very mature. He has lazy hobbies, but when it comes to messenger training, he works hard. Also has a very low tolerance for alcohol…
Haku
Strange boy who Mana meets at the market. He seems to be a tricky type who can tell lies with an honest face, and will steal whatever he pleases. Haku can even appear or disappear at will… causing a lot of trouble for Mana. Though his impression isn’t very good, he seems to have a deeper side to him, and always calls Mana a 'princess'.
Fain
He lives in Ciel, the floating land over Satori. Fain enjoys cleaning and drinking a lot of tea. Mana wonders at times if he’s a narcoleptic, since nearly every time she finds him, he’s asleep… or falls asleep suddenly. Fain is pretty spaced out most of the time, though he has a surprisingly large amount of knowledge.

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE: 10%
Word Count: 21,406

SCREENSHOT:

Here, have a thing.

This will be a game in which the routes are unique to one another, and even your early decisions can drastically change the course of the plot. The story may end tragically or happily, and not every relationship is guaranteed to end in romance. The true ending will only unlock after several of the endings have been completed.
So... yeah XD
Thanks for looking!
Last edited by teacup on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

Re: Circum[N]avigate

#2 Post by Hayzel »

....This....art ...is amazing...

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#3 Post by Camille »

I've been interested in this since stumbling across it on your dev blog. I really like the concept. :3 Best of luck finishing! I really like the guys' clothes. XD

PockieHoshi
Regular

#4 Post by PockieHoshi »

Ooooh
Read about this on your blog before =]
Anticipating this project as much as planets 2 xD
Good luck!

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

#5 Post by Death_HUG »

This sounds really interesting!! *A* I love your art, it's so amazing~ >///<
I wish you good luck on finishing this! ^0^

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#6 Post by Tag- »

Ooooh, I remember reading about this on your blog briefly~
Best of luck for finishing this, the story looks intriguing, and the guys look cool too~
PM me if needed

therealrose
Regular

#7 Post by therealrose »

This looks really good! Hopefully you can finsh both of your work in progresses rather quickly! :)

Altiera

#8 Post by Altiera »

Oh wow your art has improved so quickly! This sounds super interesting as well. All your games have really interesting plots and lovable characters. >w< I can't wait to play this too~ Good luck with everything! I feel like I shouldn't even butt in to help you with art on anything...your art is very beautiful already. *^* I'm feeling apprehensive about doing the CGs for your (P)lanets 2... what if they're not good enough...... ahhhh

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Riviera »

1. The art is beeeyoootiful <3

2. The story seems interesting.. the floating city concept reminds me only a smidge of Chrono Trigger's Zeal (or Sephora Core's PLANETS) and makes me wonder if this one could meet a similar fate if you... don't do your duty.

3. If you keep putting out games like this, I might just have to become a permanent stalker. I'm a bit weird. I'm not sure you want that. But I love these games so please keep up the good work anyway~

Reimei - Immature and lazy hobbies... I think I've found a kindred spirit, lol!

Haku - The sneaky and mysterious sort.. I wonder if we're ever going to have Buffy moments where we say stuff like "Gee, can you vague that up for me?" "I laugh in the face of danger! Then I... hide until it goes away." or.. something :D

Fain - Awww! Looking forward to lots of sleepy cuddles.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#10 Post by teacup »

Thank you so much everyone!
I-I'm really glad you think my art has improved! /honored
Camille wrote:I really like the guys' clothes. XD
Oh, awesome XD It took me forever to finalize the design of their clothing, so I'm glad you like it!
Altiera wrote:Oh wow your art has improved so quickly! This sounds super interesting as well. All your games have really interesting plots and lovable characters. >w< I can't wait to play this too~ Good luck with everything! I feel like I shouldn't even butt in to help you with art on anything...your art is very beautiful already. *^* I'm feeling apprehensive about doing the CGs for your (P)lanets 2... what if they're not good enough...... ahhhh
;A; Aw, thank you!! But your art is amazing, much more so than mine! You're gonna do great on (P)lanets 2~
Riviera wrote:1. The art is beeeyoootiful <3

2. The story seems interesting.. the floating city concept reminds me only a smidge of Chrono Trigger's Zeal (or Sephora Core's PLANETS) and makes me wonder if this one could meet a similar fate if you... don't do your duty.

3. If you keep putting out games like this, I might just have to become a permanent stalker. I'm a bit weird. I'm not sure you want that. But I love these games so please keep up the good work anyway~
It was actually inspired a lot by Rune Factory Frontier, in which there's a floating island called Whale Island in danger of falling. Also I believe there's also a visual novel called Aiyoku no Eustia that had a floating city and a part of it fell... So the whole 'omg that floating city is gonna fall and kill us all' storyline has been done, but I'm taking the idea and putting my own spin on it. ^^ Floating cities are nifty.
There's also another aspect of the story that I can't really talk about without spoiling things, but there is a pretty big reason why the cities were put in the sky. :D
Oh, I would be honored if you became a permanent stalker. XD

natsumachi
Regular
Completed: Re∞Birth [BL]
Projects: Ferfecir [BL]
Organization: Milky Cherry

#11 Post by natsumachi »

Oh, interesting story concept. I like the idea of the future leading to a situation of reversal of progress. And the character art is really cute! Haku especially appeals to me. :3c

Altiera

#12 Post by Altiera »

I love Rune Factory Frontier! And all the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games for that matter. xD It's amazing how mindless repetitive tasks can be so addictive.

ixWishing
Veteran

Re: Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy|Otome]

#13 Post by ixWishing »

Wooooooooo!
Can't wait <3
the art is lovely like always ! <3
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#14 Post by Snow Blossom »

The concept reminds me of Laputa... which means I've automatically added it onto my stalk-list. XD The art is nice and soft, and the plot sounds interesting. Fain's bed-head(?) makes him look like a cat, so he's definitely my favorite. Another factor may just be my soft spot for sleepy people in general. One more thing before I retreat back into the lurkers' corner: I love Mana's hair color! ;3 And good luck!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#15 Post by teacup »

Thanks guys ^^ I'm really happy that each guy seems to have someone who likes them.
I was afraid that one would be way more popular than the other, which wouldn't really work for this particular game since you kind of have to play everyone's route to complete it XD
Altiera wrote:I love Rune Factory Frontier! And all the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games for that matter. xD It's amazing how mindless repetitive tasks can be so addictive.
Yeah, Harvest Moon/Rune Factory owns all of my money XD I'll buy any game in the franchise without fail. They're just awesome, as repetitive as they are :'D
Snow Blossom wrote:The concept reminds me of Laputa... which means I've automatically added it onto my stalk-list. XD The art is nice and soft, and the plot sounds interesting. Fain's bed-head(?) makes him look like a cat, so he's definitely my favorite. Another factor may just be my soft spot for sleepy people in general. One more thing before I retreat back into the lurkers' corner: I love Mana's hair color! ;3 And good luck!
Laputa also had a floating island thing, right? I saw it many years ago, so my memory of it is a bit foggy.
Hehe, Fain's hair is in a ponytail and it's quite a bit longer than how it appears, but yes, it is indeed very messy as a result of him sleeping all the time. ^w^

Here are some screenshots of the game. It is supposed to look slightly surreal, though I'm still tweaking the BGs and whatnot. I also changed the resolution to widescreen.
Also the textbox is just a placeholder, so ignore it for now... none of the buttons even work, it's just kinda there... XD

I'll try to get a demo out soonish. Holiday breaks are coming up soon so I'll have lots and lots of free time to work on both my games... omg I'm so excited! /foams at the mouth
Last edited by teacup on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.