Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy|Female Protagonist]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy|Female Protagonist]

#46 Post by teacup »

distorsion wrote:what do you mean by 'electronic waste'?

This is actually something I learned about recently in my Environmental Science class that I found very interesting. It’s something that you don’t hear about often, which is why I’ve decided to put it into my game and hopefully educate some people about it.
When we throw out our electronics, they become electronic waste. These things don’t just disappear into mid-air. Even when we ‘throw them away’, they still have to go somewhere. Most of our thrown away electronics end up in landfills or they are incinerated. Both of these pose serious problems to the environment. Electronics that end up in landfills leach into the land over time and put their toxins into the Earth. When electronics are incinerated, they release extremely hazardous toxins. These not only pollute the air, but may also end up in our food-chain, as animals and fish can be poisoned, which we in turn consume.
Minor spoiler for the game
Largely as a result of this, there are no more fish or wildlife in the world anymore – everything is extinct.

Computers, ipods, cellphones… when people discard of these things and don’t recycle them, they pile up. Do you know what those electronics are made up of? I’ll use a quote here to explain; electronics are made up of “Lead, cadmium, mercury, chromium, polyvinyl chlorides. All of these materials have known toxicological effects that range from brain damage to kidney disease to mutations, cancers”.
People throw out over a million cellphones a year. Over one hundred thousand computers get thrown out every DAY in just the US. There are landfills full of electronic waste, and as dependent as we are becoming on electronics, they’re only going to get bigger.
In Circum[N]avigate’s world, electronic waste became such a problem that electronics have been banned and the manufacturing of them is against the law. As for what has happened to all of the waste, I can’t tell you, as it’s a spoiler.^_^

Um, I talked more about that than I should have, but I am learning a lot about environmental problems in school and I think it’s important to inform others about them. ^^;

Moving on... Yay Haku romance! And romance in general. Though like I said, I like the fact that falling in love isn't the player's main goal. ^_^ Yeah, Fain's current hair does't really scream (or even whisper, lol) "bed-head". The reason I was upset about the 'no more hair-horns' thing is that I have a MAJO- *cough* I mean a small thing for demon guys. ^.^'
Haha, well Fain isn't a demon, but I will tweak his hair a little to be more bed-head like. At least when it's in a ponytail. XD

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#47 Post by distorsion »

teacup wrote:Um, I talked more about that than I should have, but I am learning a lot about environmental problems in school and I think it’s important to inform others about them. ^^;
No, no, you didn't talk about it too much at all! Thanks for all that great info. ^__^ I completely agree with you about how important it is to educate people about such things. (In fact, I told my dad about it just now, and he said he wanted to teach it in his global studies class!)
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

RenZero
Regular

#48 Post by RenZero »

Keep the good work, teacup-san ^^ You make such beautiful visual novels, I can't wait to play a new game you create :3

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#49 Post by teacup »

Thank you! I'm going to be making a new topic about this game soon in the WIP forum with updated images and whatnot, so keep an eye out!

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#50 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Um, when do you plan to put this in the WIP section? (It's still in ideas). I really love your game. Please finish it~ The art is really good and the storyline is nice too!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#51 Post by teacup »

Thank you for the comments~
It won't be in WIP for a while. I'm keeping most of the updates under wraps - I don't really wanna show anything until I have some substantial progress. ^^

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

#52 Post by inhalance »

(P)lanets was one of the first VN's I've ever played, and I have to say it's definitely one of my favorites. In fact, (P)lanets is what got me into more VN's! I was a bit sad when you had to put your (P)lanets 2 on hiatus, but I understand your situation and I wish you the best of luck. I can't wait for you to release Circum[N]avigate though. I'll be cheerfully supporting you. :) Good luck!
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#53 Post by teacup »

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here.
Well, I have been working ferociously on this game since summer started. Many things have changed. I'm rewriting the whole script from scratch since I changed some things about the story. I have about 20,000 words so far in the prologue (which is complete) and the unfinished common route. I'm hoping this will be a fairly long game.
I'm going to make a new thread for this over in the WIP forum as soon as I finish up Reimei's sprite. Once again, his is the only unfinished one... I've honestly never had a clear picture in my head of how he looks, but I've sketched out his design now and will be drawing his sprite tonight. More details about the changes will be announced in the new thread. ^^
Just to have something to show, here is an uncolored sprite of the heroine. I've changed her name, but I won't tell you what it is yet until I make the new thread :) Her name won't be changeable anymore because it's actually really important to the story now. My goal is to make almost everything in this VN have some sort of importance or meaning. Nothing is arbitrary.
I'm still not that great at drawing full-bodies, so if anything about her looks weird, just keep in mind you'll only see her from the chest up in game.. xD
I attached a screenshot to show the textbox as well. (the buttons only show up when you hover over the bottom of the screen)
Attachments
screenshot0013.png

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#54 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Wow, first of all, I'm really happy to see you Teacup :D
Second, it looks great! I like the screenshot as well :)
So this will be a big project huh?~

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#55 Post by azureXtwilight »

I have to admit, I am more interested in waiting for this rather than (P)lanets! 2

Awesome new screenshot! Keep up the good work!

Jeenso
Projects: Manipulate
Organization: Adelphes
Tumblr: nation-of-procrasti
Deviantart: Jeenso

#56 Post by Jeenso »

I'm really excited for this, and Planets 2! The new sprites look great! c: I really like how the text box looks now, too ouob