[WIP] Welcome Home [GxG](new characters added!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
bellice
Veteran

[WIP] Welcome Home [GxG](new characters added!)

#1 Post by bellice »

Wheee, my first VN. Or, you know, at least the first I worked enough on to have something to show. It's GxG, because this community is depressingly lacking in that department. And I like making girls kiss.
So, here goes nothing.
(Also, the title is temporary)

Where am I? The light is so bright...why can't I see?
"You're home."
Home? But I've never been to this place before.
"One day you'll find me. One day...you'll understand."

Story

For most of your life, you never stayed at one place for long. With your parents working to develop their career, you never had a chance to settle down or build significant relationships, but that is about to change. When your parents decide to travel around the world, where does that leave you?
With nowhere else to go, you return to your brother...and your home town. A lot has changed.
Will you be able to find your place in the world and someone to give your heart to?
Or will you continue to stumble through life with no place to truly call your home?

(This ia a rather character-driven VN, so the only real plot are the events related to the character you choose to romance.)

Characters

Main Character

"That's because she obviously loves me more than you, old man."
------------------------
"I found you."

Cam is the MC and the character you will be playing. She has a very social personality, due to moving a lot and constantly meeting new people. She can also be quite an airhead at times. Although she is usually the opposite from being aggressive or angry, she'll go ballistic if you hurt her loved ones. Cameron adores her big brother David, who she has always looked up to.

Obtainable characters

"Your brother is an idiot. Let's make out in front of him!"
------------------------
"There's nothing I can do to change this. It's always been you."

Mami is Cameron's oldest and dearest friend, apart from David. Although she was born in Japan, she's been living with her family in the US since she was three years old. Energetic and sociable, Mami doesn't shy away from challenges or changes. While she's usually full of confidence, she's not always honest about her feelings and tends to bottle them up and ignore them. She is engaged with Cameron's brother David, who she has been dating for two years.

"No, really, it's alright. I like doing this for him."
------------------
"I can't do this, no matter....no matter how much I want to."

As the total opposite to her twin sister Mami, Yoko is calm and shy, forcing herself to be prim and proper at all times. She doesn't talk about herself a lot and mainly concerns herself with the needs of her husband. There are many things she wants from life, but she's too afraid of being judged to voice them.

"Oh, what a splendid specimen! Say, would you mind acting as my test subject?"
-------------------------
"There are some things science can't fix, but I'll do my best to make sure that changes."

Leanora is, with one word, a geek. She loves science and barely talks about anything else. Although she is exceptionally intelligent, her grades are horrible as she tends to get lost in whatever she is experimenting with at the moment and completly forgets reality. She doesn't seem to be very popular at school.

"Shut up and feed me, slave."
----------------
"This is not about whether I lo...- whether I like you. This is about whether I'm any good for you."

Annika teaches Literature and German at Cameron's new High School. She is very strict when it comes to her pupils' studies and her threats are far from empty. She is beautiful, but does not seem to have a boyfriend and is therefore very popular with the male students, despite (or maybe because of) her cold and stern attitude. What nobody knows is that she has an entirely different side to her that none of her students ever see.

Others

"Get over here and give me a hug, kiddo!"
----------------------
"All I've ever wanted was for you to be happy."

David is Cameron's brother and Mami's fiancèe. He's pretty laidback and charming, which makes him very popular with the ladies, as well as with the kids at elementary school where he teaches. He loves Cameron just as much as she loves him and the two of them used to be inseperable until their parents moved away and took Cameron with them, while David stayed behind to live with their now deceased grandmother.

"I know everything about everyone."
---------------------
"I'm not weird. Just different in a charming and lovable way."

This one is a mystery. She always appears at the weirdest places and times with news and information about the people Cameron meets. The fourth wall apparently doesn't exist for her.

"I don't have time for fools!"
-----------------------
"You're not the only one that never got a choice."

Ren is neither the nicest, nor the most patient man around. Due to his job as a lawyer he's always under pressure and tends to get agitated easily. Despite that, he can be a gentleman when he wants (or needs) to be and is very popular with women, who seem drawn to his strict attitude and good looks.

CG sketches and other stuff I want to show off

One of the first CGs in the game, so no spoilers. ;)
(My background skills suck, as you can see and I'll probably change that once I have the time and patience to really get behind it...like, two weeks after never. xD)

Staff:
Me! :D
(seriously though, I might need to find someone to do the colouring for me, cause I really suck at that...as soon as I know this project is DEFINITELY going somewhere)

Ramble time!
So, this project has been at the back of my mind for a long time now. Whenever I play a GxB or a BxG game, I tend to get bored easily, having seen every character archetype a thousand times already, so it was clear to me that, if I were to make a VN, it would have to be GxG.
However, that's not simply to show a lot of cute girls making out. I will try to make it something you can enjoy even if you're not too fond of the idea of GxG.
(And I actually considered making it....less than suitable for kids. I'm not sure yet, though, so for now this topic will stay where it is. If I decide to do this it won't be completly 18+ though. I have no desire to show every little detail. I want it to be decent and not simply for the sake of showing naked skin.)
Last edited by bellice on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

Re: [WIP] Welcome Home [GxG]

#2 Post by Death_HUG »

I really like the art *A* It's so pretty!! The characters sound really interesting too~ I wish you good luck on finishing this!

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#3 Post by Tag- »

Always nice to see GxG projects~
Really liked the way you drew the characters as well, they seem so expressive :D Annika already looks to be a funny character xD

And yay~ another character based game xD

Volunteer for colouring here~
PM me if needed

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#4 Post by Omnificent »

Snappy-sounding dialogue? Cute MC with infectious grin? I'm in.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#5 Post by Fawn »

I love this artstyle and I'm already loving the characters :D Also, I claim Leanora as my waifu.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#6 Post by Razz »

Yaaay gxg!

Anyways I really like the protagonist and yoko, i'll be watching this! :P

bellice
Veteran

#7 Post by bellice »

Thank you all for your encouraging words. :D

They're like crack. xD

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#8 Post by Zatch »

Yes!!!!!!! Another yuri game! :D I'm starting to think that I started the yuri vns power curve or something.. :lol: *shots* (Maybe not..)

Anyways.. You have interesting plot and nice selection of characters. :) If I have to pick one of the obtainables I would probably pick Annika. Older women... *drools*

Good luck and try to have fun! I'm going to start stalking this now..

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#9 Post by Kura »

I'm really liking this cast of characters! They seem like they'll probably all play off each other really well. I love the art style, too!

Also, Leanora = so much yessss.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#10 Post by RemnantDream »

You can steal your brother's fiancée? Interesting..

I'm glad somebody's making a GxG game. I always enjoyed those. And so far, it looks amazing. Your art is adorable, by the way.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#11 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I think what I like most about this is that all the potential relationships are atypical. It's very much a breathe of fresh air. My favourite so far is Mami. I think I'll like her personality and her looks cool. And there is just something so forbidden about stealing your brother's fiancee that I want to see what happens.

natsumachi
Regular
Completed: Re∞Birth [BL]
Projects: Ferfecir [BL]
Organization: Milky Cherry

#12 Post by natsumachi »

It's great to see an atypical GxG game in the works. The variety of obtainable characters already makes me interested to play several routes. But Leanora and Annika interest me most so far. :D

bellice
Veteran

Re: [WIP] Welcome Home [GxG](CG sketch added!)

#13 Post by bellice »

Thank you all! I'm really relieved that there are people who are actually interested in some nice girlXgirl lovin'. :D

Added the sketch of a CG! It's not exactly the best, but I tried. ;)

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#14 Post by Kura »

Nice! That CG is looking really cute and awesome. :D
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#15 Post by Zatch »

I agree that the cg is nice. :3 Good work! Can't wait to see the finish picture. :3