Tonight [GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

Re: [Otome, WIP] Tonight

#76 Post by 9:19 »

Hey guys! I took a little something from the script to show you. :D Tonight is a collage of POVs, so I use colours to differentiate between characters when I write. Purple is for Lola. (Purple background for her sprite, purple text. See? FORESIGHT.) This snippet will be in the demo.

When I was 5, I wanted to be the tooth fairy.

There was something about the idea of trading baby teeth for coins that made me happy. In retrospect, I supposed I just loved the grins and giggles of snot-nosed kids who find their presents in the morning.

Also, Santa Claus was too fat.

Two weeks after I found my calling, my mother took me to the dentist to fill in my cavities. The acne-ridden teen who sat next to me in the waiting room opened his mouth wide to yawn, and let’s just say that dream went down the pipe fast.

Comments?
Last edited by 9:19 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#77 Post by Tag- »

I'll admit, that made me giggle quite a bit xD (Foresight is good, yo)
It's interesting to see Lola's thoughts and personality. It took me a while to see how the Santa Claus remark fits in, but that could be because it's 3am here and my brain's not functioning properly.
PM me if needed

Veteran

#78 Post by 9:19 »

@Tag-: Nah, Santa Claus and his merrily wide bum are in an iffy place for sure. I spent 20 minutes rephrasing the first chunk before I went "ah, screw it", and put my faith in the audience instead XD

...3am?

Veteran

#79 Post by 9:19 »

who the fu-.png

Veteran

#80 Post by 9:19 »

Hey guys! Recently, I've picked up the habit of pairing song with story. I think this one in particular conveys what I have in mind for Tonight. The mood, the setting, the story, everything except the man thighs dance. There are subtitles for English speakers as well. :D

"South of the Clouds" is a literal translation of the characters that make up "Yunnan". You have to admit, it's not often you stumble across a song capable of listing so many provincial tourist attractions in 5 minutes.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

What about you? Do you match your playlist to the current bit of script, or are you the type to listen to Nyan Cat while coding a bad ending?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#81 Post by 15385bic »

9:19 wrote:
who the fu-.png
this pic looks hilarious XD
the espression on them both ^_^ - i really like it

Veteran

#82 Post by 9:19 »

@15385bic: :lol: Thanks!

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#83 Post by JustAnotherMe »

ji de na shi na li de tian duo zhan lan
ni de yan li shan zhe wen rou de yang guang
zhe shi jie bian huan wu chang ru jin ni you zai he fang
yuan liang wo wu fa pei ni zou na me chang
bie ren de tian tang bu shi wo men de yuan fang
bu xu ci xing bie yi han

(sorry I can only write and read pin yin. I don't know if I translate it wrongly.)

It- it's not that they will be separated right? @_@ Please don't!!! Though I'll still play this even though it's a yes. Well, with crying of course.
From your song: It's wild, natural, mighty, sweet and funny and free. And beautiful. (The Shangri-La it self is too beautiful) That's all I can interpret from the song. I'll say this: if your game's like this song then it's a MUST PLAY!!! XDDD
Oh, I know, I'll make a fan art for you!
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Veteran

#84 Post by 9:19 »

@JustAnotherMe:
...yes. But it isn't a complete bummer! I decided to share this song because the lyrics can be read like the narration in Tonight, shifting between eras and perspectives. There are 3 POVs in the chorus alone. As standalone lines, some parts are even optimistic. Basically I'm trying to say all is not doom and gloom, because you don't know who will be separated.

Wait, does that make it worse?

Oh boy, your interpretation makes me nervous. I might've picked a song out of my league. :lol:

The fact that you'd consider drawing fan art flatters me so much, I can't think up segues from paragraph to paragraph. Sorry about the choppy reply, I'm really very happy right now. It's like early Christmas!

Veteran

#85 Post by 9:19 »

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#86 Post by Snow Blossom »

Yao Ning... Is he extremely tall, by any chance? :mrgreen:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Please have mercy.
He's very cute, though... like a kitten. GARGH I STILL CAN'T GET OVER THE FACT THAT IT'S ALL DONE BY MOUSE *ahem* Anyways, keep up the good work!

Veteran

#87 Post by 9:19 »

@Snow Blossom: Totally Yao's like 7'6" and loaded from playing center in the NBA. XD I kid. Yao and Yong are both 5'10", give or take an inch. Yao just looks taller because he's skinny. I started his sprite thinking "this time for sure, a handsome and enigmatic man", but alas, like all my male characters...no. I'm glad you find him cute, though! I don't get feedback on character preference often, so your opinion is <3.

Now that I think of it, it'd be really interesting to know who people want to go for and why, if only for laughs. I know I eye other people's characters KeithSantosReimeiHeath for the most lulzy reasons vestturtlesalcoholhair reply derailing fast lolol.

I'll probably make a Tonight blog soon. I'd hate to waste all that backlog potential. Plus, image scroll is sweet for CG dumps.

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#88 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

9:19 wrote:I know I eye other people's characters KeithSantosReimeiHeath for the most lulzy reasons vestturtlesalcoholhair reply derailing fast lolol.
Go for the megane first, always and forever. Since none of your guys have glasses, I'm leaning towards Yong. He just sounds so funneh :D
9:19 wrote:I'll probably make a Tonight blog soon. I'd hate to waste all that backlog potential. Plus, image scroll is sweet for CG dumps.
That'd be a good idea if you've been following the LSF mandate threads. I already have a blog, and I'm posting up pictures of my turtles when I remember to. THOU MUST GO AND LOOK AT IT Turtles are fun, aren't they?
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Veteran

#89 Post by 9:19 »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:Go for the megane first, always and forever.
Careful with your words, Lola's grandmother has a pair XD Now that I've damaged you for good, know it is possible to see Yao with specs, even pick the pair he wears, if you play your cards right. As for this,
That'd be a good idea if you've been following the LSF mandate threads.
I had no idea there were mandate threads. I am so behind. Thanks for the notice! Popped in on your blog earlier and saw Santos with obligatory turtles. I love that TWCC is full of characters who have plausible and distinct hair, so the guys can't just huddle and pass for a second class boy band. Host 'do is nice, but so is variety.

Digressing as usual.

Veteran

#90 Post by 9:19 »

Hey guys! Tonight has a fledgling blog! I'd love some feedback via votes in the character poll. As mentioned in the main post, most of the info is in the tabs, and I'll be updating to public interest (in certain areas) based on the poll results. Thanks for reading!