Princess Syndrome (GxB)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
jaysilver
Projects: Princess Syndrome

Princess Syndrome (GxB)

#1 Post by jaysilver »

Hello! This is my first post and first attempt at an otome game, so bear with me ^^
Since this is a first and I have practically no idea what I'm doing, I'm playing it safe and just going with the unoriginal 'school theme' otome. This is a solo project, so it'll probably take some time to finish, especially with "real life" school in the way.

Title: Princess Syndrome

Genre: Humor, otome, school life, mystery(?)

Info: (Subject to Change)
- Three obtainable guys
- Five possible endings

Premise:

All little girls have had Princess Syndrome at least once in their lifetime. It’s just that Abigail Westcott has never grown out of it. The daughter and only child of a wealthy family, Abby has been a sheltered child, rarely interacting with other people (other than giving orders, of course) and always pursuing expensive hobbies that never amount to anything. But when her father fails to obtain a merger for his company, Abby is forced to change her lifestyle and confront her worst nightmare: public school.

Attending public school turns out to be even worse than she expected it to be when strange things start to happen around her and every so often, she feels like she’s being watched. When Abby accidentally goes into an empty classroom one day, she finds a box sitting on one of the desks. The instructions scrawled on the side tell her that if she has any concerns, she should write about them on a piece of paper and place it into the box. She complies, and a day later there is a note on her desk inviting her back to the empty classroom. When she goes, she finds three guys who declare that their mission is to create a problem-free school. They tell her that they will figure out what is behind the mysterious issues she's been having. Abby wants to trust them, but they all just seem like total weirdos: still, they’re the only ones who can put up with her Syndrome. In the end, what will become of Abby’s public school life…?

Characters:

Main Character:

Abigail Westcott (age 17)

Abby has never had to cater to other people, and she isn't about to start now. After she realizes that her family was about to "go poor" she was dragged into enrollment at a nearby public high school. She is (unofficially) diagnosed with 'Princess Syndrome,' and as a result tends to look down her nose at everyone around her. She has a bad habit of ordering people around to do menial tasks for her, and becomes incredibly stubborn and defiant when they refuse. Because of she has never needed to socialize, she has no skill in that department; she says everything bluntly and honestly, with no courtesy for sparing somebody their feelings.

P.S. (I just made her wear a lolita-ish dress here for absolutely no reason whatsoever. (Well, I did it for the lulz) She doesn't actually dress like that regularly. Well, she has to wear her school uniform most of the time, anyway.)

Obtainable Guys:

Damon Sterling (age 18) - "Dae"

The student council president, he's famous throughout the school for his outwardly cold demeanor, his seemingly never-changing expression, and his prominent dark circles. He has an extreme black coffee addiction, and can't seem to function without having at least five cups a day. He is careful to uphold his reputation as a model student in school, though truthfully he's ungodly lazy and is always trying to con his (two) friends into doing his work for him.

[Reworking the sprite]
Leonel Fields (age 17) - "Leo"

The youngest of the trio, Leo is always seen skipping class to run off into town by himself. He has a major sweet tooth, and has refused to go to the dentist for the past five years. He has a height complex as he's relatively short compared to others his age; he tries to compensate for this by excelling in athletics. He's extremely sociable, and is able to befriend people easily. There is a popular rumor that he holds a business where he sells peoples' secrets for money.

Rye Eldridge (age 18)

A tallish boy with a kind face, Rye is a bit... out there. He's very spacey and seems to live in his own little world. He'll often make random, irrelevant statements in the middle of conversations, and consequently create very awkward atmospheres. He has photographic memory but no common sense; he is unable to actually apply any of the information that he memorizes, so his grades are as rock-bottom as Leo's. For some reason, a lot of people are scared of him, and there are rumors that he is actually a yandere...?

This isn't meant to be serious or dramatic at all - just lighthearted fun. It was originally supposed to be a crackfic-y type of thing just for myself. The guys are actually characters from novels I've abandoned over the years, so it was just a, "Hey, what would happen if they were all in the same school? That would be crazy." But then I thought, "Screw it, let's just make it an otome game" and now here I am.

I'll put up some screenshots/the main screen sometime later when I actually make it. ^^"
Last edited by jaysilver on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

Re: Princess Syndrome (GxB)

#2 Post by 9:19 »

Sounds cute! Looking forward to the screenshots.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#3 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

I only have one single complaint. Her hand. It looks as if your forgot which hand you were drawing for. Basically....you have the thumb on the wrong end for her right arm. (To our left...the one crossing over) But dw, others have made the same mistake before. Other than that, I have no problem whatsoever. *stalks*
ImageImageImageImage

therealrose
Regular

#4 Post by therealrose »

Seems interesting, I can't wait to play the demo!

jaysilver
Projects: Princess Syndrome

#5 Post by jaysilver »

@9:19: Thanks ^^

@Sunlit-Dreamer: Yeah, I kind of suck at drawing hands lol... you can probably tell because I'm lazy and just make everyone put their hands in their pockets.

@therealrose: Thank you very much; though I doubt a demo will be out soon... because I haven't even started writing the script yet haha