[WIP] 翔-Ailes [Otome|PoT Doujin game]——Updated 11/12/12

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
evility
Regular
Projects: 翔-Ailes; The World of Homework (on hold)

[WIP] 翔-Ailes [Otome|PoT Doujin game]——Updated 11/12/12

#1 Post by evility »

Yes, it's a doujin fan game. On Prince of Tennis. Specifically Hyoutei Gakuen in Prince of Tennis, with a couple of other random guest appearances from other schools. Because recently I've been inspired by an amazing doujin game. To unleash all my inspirations, I seek RenPy as a venue.
Hence, the process will be free and for fun - which means laid back. But of course, your feedback and comments would still help me immensely, and if you would like to give me a hand at the art and all (at which I am painfully slow), it would be lovely!

The game is currently being developed in Chinese, but there will also be an English version.
You will be able to play the game and understand the plot regardless of whether or not you have already read Prince of Tennis.

翔-Ailes

Stat-raising, slice-of-life, romance

Plot
Can you write a glorious new chapter of your life with everything you've cherished eight years ago?
The winter eight years after graduating from Hyoutei and starting university in France, Lin Yue (name changeable) returns to Tokyo with the intention of opening a new branch of her mother's beauty salon franchise: 翔-Ailes. Seeing her old friends confirmed her expectation that everything apart from their faces had changed drastically with time. And she knows that some old enemies were probably already prowling about her the moment she landed in the airport.
But Lin Yue is far from being discouraged by all the changes. She is resolved to make magic and beauty happen once more, in a city where everything was once held dear to her heart.
Start by finding a suitable location for your branch. Then, work with recruitment and advertisement. You can also goof off and practice art and other hobbies - but in the end, you'd still have to make your salon branch work out. Are you up for the challenge?

Progress
Background and music: 100% (free resources)
Story: 20%
Script: 2%
Sprites: 5%
CGs: 0%

-------------------------------

TEAM
Sprite colours: Tag-
Chibi colours: Weakjounin
Sprite designs/writing/coding: evility
CG: bailey32, evility

Main Menu WIP
MainMenu.png
Screenshot: GUI teaser
Untitled.jpg

Characters (rough sketches, more coming; blurbs will be expanded)
林月 Lin Yue (name changeable)
(26)
The sharp and stubborn heroine, determined to cultivate a new world of her own from everything dear in her memories.
Yue03.jpg
忍足 侑士 Oshitari Yuushi
(27)
The tensai poker face who has his way with women. Yue's childhood friend. CEO of YuTsai Real Estate.
Oshitari01.png
肖 毓幂 Xiao Yumi
(26)
Yue's best friend. Reputed vocalist. Atobe's girlfriend at the beginning of the game.
Yumi01.jpg
迹部 景吾 Atobe Keigo
(27)
... Need we really an introduction of this guy and his unparalleled arrogance? CEO of the Atobe estate, which dabbles in practically any affair you can think of.
Atobe01.jpg
芥川 慈郎 Akutagawa Jirou
(27)
Still as narcoleptic as always. Occupation pending in evility's head.
Jirou01.jpg
冥户 亮 Shishido Ryou
(27)
Seems to still wear a grumpy face around all the time. Still has the tendency to drag Ootori for tennis practice. Occupation pending, but most likely will be professional tennis player.
Shishido01.jpg
凤 长太郎 Ootori Choutarou
(26)
The good Ootori is now a cardiac surgeon.
Ootori01.jpg
向日 岳人 Mukahi Gakuto
(27)
Oshitari's best pal has finally grown taller! And has become a paediatrician? [Sprite needs fixing BADLY...]
Mukahi01.jpg
日吉 若 Hiyoshi Wakashi
(26)
Has inherited his family dojo. [Sprite also needs fixing BADLY...]
Hiyoshi01.jpg
佐藤 梦 Sato Yume
(25)
?????
Yume01.jpg
Hidden character
(??)
????????

These are all the concept sketches for now. They're all really rough, and need fixing on the details (such as hands = =+), but they're coming.
I'm currently unable to provide screenshots for the game program itself, since I'm using random sprites as place-holders. But once I get some sprites done, I should be able to provide screenshots and hopefully a short demo.

It's quite a large project, as you can see. The plan is to make a stat-raising system to monitor the salon-management in the game, and to make ALL the Hyoutei characters (possibly including Kabaji...) plus one hidden character date-able. We'll see how that goes.

RECRUITING!!!

Currently in need of anime-style CG artists.

As this is a doujin game, I obviously can't sell it or anything. It's just going to be free and fun. So, if you also love Prince of Tennis and Hyoutei, and feel like collaborating with the very laid-back evility who will never press you for time, please let me know and post samples of your work :)!
Last edited by evility on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

Re: [WIP] 翔-Ailes [Otome|PoT Doujin game]

#2 Post by Zatch »

I wonder why nobody comment on this yet. :lol: I guess I get the first post again. Haha!

I remember Prince of Tennis! :lol: I didn't watch much because I never get the time. :cry:

You have nice art style! Good Luck! *gives moral supports*

jaysilver
Projects: Princess Syndrome

#3 Post by jaysilver »

I've been waiting for a PoT game in English for ages haha
Though my favorite character was Eiji, so that's probably not that helpful for this game.

The sprites look pretty good so far. I'll be looking forward to more progress ^^

Good luck :)
Currently Working On:
Princess Syndrome (GxB)

x_x

evility
Regular

#4 Post by evility »

@Zatch, it's too bad you didn't get a chance to read PoT. Actually, I've only read the first half myself. I kind of lost interest in it when everybody started being amazing at tennis >_>. Nevertheless, some characters are very memorable - hence this game :P. Thanks for the encouragement! Moral support = <3.

@jaysilver, yey for PoT :D! Eiji was my fav too, before Oshitari came along XP. But since I still love Eiji so much, he's going to appear in the game for sure XP. I'll work him in one way or another. Thanks for the feedback :)!

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#5 Post by Tag- »

OMG, a prince of tennis doujin game, instant win from me 8DDD

Though the central theme isn't tennis (I'm actually glad for this) the lot seems very interesting :D I'll be looking forward to this game.

I'm afraid I won't be able to offer my services as a CG artist due to my current workload (that and a certain somebody will surely kill me ^^;;) but I'm certainly willing to help you with colouring~
PM me if needed

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#6 Post by Camille »

Aww Hyoutei was always my favorite Tenipuri team. <3 Good luck!

Joey
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#7 Post by Joey »

PRINCE OF TENNIS I'M OFFICIALLY PLAYING THIS ;W;

The story is adorable (beauty salon \o/ I've been playing too many girl-games...) and your art looks amazing *0* totally looking forward to it!
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by 15385bic »

XD - prince of tennis - or POT as my friend calls it ;P

am looking forward to this too - i recognized Atobe straight away =D
Good Luck!

evility
Regular

#9 Post by evility »

Tag- wrote: Though the central theme isn't tennis (I'm actually glad for this) the lot seems very interesting :D I'll be looking forward to this game.

I'm afraid I won't be able to offer my services as a CG artist due to my current workload (that and a certain somebody will surely kill me ^^;;) but I'm certainly willing to help you with colouring~
XD Kind of hard to make a VN centred around tennis... but there will probably be a bit of it :). It would be great if you could give me a hand with the colouring X'3!! I'll PM you once I get finals over with and get a bit more work done on the sprites.
Thanks for the comment and for offering to help :'D!
Camille wrote:Aww Hyoutei was always my favorite Tenipuri team. <3 Good luck!
Thank you :)! I wasn't a big fan of Hyoutei when it first appeared, but it sure grows on you... XD
Joey wrote:PRINCE OF TENNIS I'M OFFICIALLY PLAYING THIS ;W;

The story is adorable (beauty salon \o/ I've been playing too many girl-games...) and your art looks amazing *0* totally looking forward to it!
Thanks :D! The story will focus more on setting up the salon rather than actually running one though, but I hope I can get some fun mini-games to work XP.
15385bic wrote:XD - prince of tennis - or POT as my friend calls it ;P

am looking forward to this too - i recognized Atobe straight away =D
Good Luck!
Oh yes, POT. And oh yes, Atobe >_>. Spent ages fixing his expressions until he looked arrogant enough XP. Thanks for the feedback <3!

Weakjounin
Veteran

#10 Post by Weakjounin »

The names confuse me.
some chinese names, the rest have japanese names.
Other than that, this is really cool :D looking forward to this

evility
Regular

#11 Post by evility »

Weakjounin wrote:The names confuse me.
Haha, this is because in my mind, Yue and Yumi ARE Chinese.

It probably doesn't matter for Yue since her name will be changeable. But Yumi's name will probably stay Chinese.

Does this bother you very much? If anybody finds that particularly irking, I'll change it.

Keilis
Regular

#12 Post by Keilis »

I commented here since I figured it would be better than cluttering up the art thread and sidetracking it. xD I actually saw this thread earlier and really wanted to help out, but I am in university at the moment and I do have trouble finding time to do art on a regular basis. I can't really afford to do art for free, so I am open for commissions if you're interested. You can find my commission information here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=12866. I'm guessing you probably won't be commissioning since it's just a for-fun project, and that's fine. Just putting it out there if you're interested.

I adore PoT, so good luck with your project!

Edit: On second thought, can you let me know how much you expect me to do in a certain time period? If it's not too bad, I'd be glad to help out, though I'm not very fast.
Last edited by Keilis on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weakjounin
Veteran

#13 Post by Weakjounin »

evility wrote:
Weakjounin wrote:The names confuse me.
Haha, this is because in my mind, Yue and Yumi ARE Chinese.

It probably doesn't matter for Yue since her name will be changeable. But Yumi's name will probably stay Chinese.

Does this bother you very much? If anybody finds that particularly irking, I'll change it.
It doesn't bother me, it was just surprising. Japanese names don't mean anything to me, but I spent a good few minutes trying to guess how to pronounce the chinese names (I'm not great at reading chinese characters :P) (At one point I thought Yumi was 玉米 :P That would be a horrible name xD)

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#14 Post by Sapphi »

I know absolutely nothing about Prince of Tennis, but I love your art. It has such a nice, clean, simple style! ^0^
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#15 Post by Elze »

Weakjounin wrote:At one point I thought Yumi was 玉米
Hahahaahahaha I got a good laugh out of that one. Man, fancy being called 'quality rice'. It's more like yu4 mi4, which sounds the same as '遇密'.

Back on topic, the art looks cute so I'll be keeping an eye on this. I wish I could help you with the CGs but I have my hands full with another project at the moment, and I'll be working on another one after this one. Good luck with getting a CG artist though! Keilis's art looks pretty to me so I'd personally love to see you two work together. *HINT HINT*