Devil’s Tasks (GxB. Element of BxB. 16+) [WIP]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
falsedelusion
Regular

Devil’s Tasks (GxB. Element of BxB. 16+) [WIP]

#1 Post by falsedelusion »

Update [March02, 2013]: The game is currently on hold until I can find a reliable programmer :(

The Devil’s Task takes place as a side chapter to the main story, NinethHeaven. Some parts of which you can read about here: http://www.wattpad.com/user/htenin

This project is at its very elementary stages. I’d just like to put it out there so I can get some comments and suggestions as I work along.

MORE WIPs CAN BE FOUND: http://falsedelusion.ca/devils-task/

MAIN MENU. Suggestions?!
PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS!
PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS!
Current Progress:
Story: 5%
Programming: 1%
Character Art: 1%
Background Art: 0%
Music: 0%

General Plot: [Please let me know if this is too cliché]
You woke up in a room not remembering who you are or why you’re sleeping in that room.
As you’re about to leave the room to investigate, two people came to greet you: Neine and Xing. Both of them are Devils, god of Hell.
From them, you discover that your name is Moriah and you are in hell and dead.

They gave you the chance to revive, but only if you fulfill a few conditions. First of which is to complete one task for them.

There are 6 tasks to choose from between Neine and Xing. Each task leads to its own adventure of some sort.

The game “ends” when you revive by completing the one task and fulfill another small requirement. But you won’t discover the whole “conspiracy” unless you gather the clues by successfully completing all 6 tasks through replaying the game.

Task List:
- Hatch egg for Neine
- Make a potion for Neine
- Find an Archangel named Ashlin
- Retrieve a spellbook for Xing
- Capture a hellhound that had ran away to ancient China

For most of these tasks, you will get a Commander or Captain to help you.
Depending on your choices, there can be elements of death, romance, and boyxboy scenes (no H though).

Main Characters: (They're a bit sketchy right now as these aren't drawn with making a vn in mind.. I'll make them nicer later)
Sketchy drawing.
Sketchy drawing.
I will be updating more information/pictures as I write/draw them.

CRITIQUES MUCH APPRECIATED~! =D
Last edited by falsedelusion on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 11 times in total.

evility
Regular
Projects: 翔-Ailes; The World of Homework (on hold)

Re: Devil’s Tasks (GxB. Element of BxB. 16+) [WIP]

#2 Post by evility »

Ooo, I like the premise :D. Afterlife adventures? Epic win.

As for your plot, I can't really comment on any cliches until I see what the 6 tasks are. The overall plot right now seems neutral, but if your 6 tasks are well done, it could be an amazing game ;). But if you outline those 6 tasks in detail, it would be spoilers, so I'll just have to be left hanging here and waiting...

And I really like your art! I have to say that navy blue hair kills me, so obviously you know which guy has caught my eye now XP.

Good luck! Lookin' forward to more progress ;).

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by 15385bic »

you and i know i suck with critique but yay! i get to see ur art XD

falsedelusion
Regular

#4 Post by falsedelusion »

evility wrote: I have to say that navy blue hair kills me, so obviously you know which guy has caught my eye now XP.
Thanks~
When you say "kills" you, is that a good thing or bad thing? lol
And I have the general task down, which I'll post later, but I'm still twinkling things out..

One of the task is hunting down a hellhound.. >_>

falsedelusion
Regular

#5 Post by falsedelusion »

15385bic wrote:you and i know i suck with critique but yay! i get to see ur art XD
I think I'll be posting most of the WIP pics on falsedelusion.ca
..we'll see, once i get enough to need to post there lol

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

Falsedelusion, it sounds like your story might involve both a first episode resurrection and your main character being resurrected for a job. It's good to know what's been written about these concepts, so that you can riff on them, and think up something similar or different.

Also, it sounds like Moriah will get a choice of what to do. Presumably these options will open up story paths, and reveal more of what's going on in the world. Still, I'm reminded of the twelve tasks which Herakles from Greek mythology had to do.

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#7 Post by Kura »

Hmm, I'm really intrigued by the aspect that each time you play you only do one task, but that playing several times with different tasks lets you figure something out.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

falsedelusion
Regular

#8 Post by falsedelusion »

Thank you so much for the sites, I didn't even know about those two genres.
I'll make sure to read through them so I don't end up making a story that already exist..

Thanks~ =D

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#9 Post by icebluehost »

First, I LOVE your art <3 <3 Neine and Xing look scary with those red eyes *shivers* I can't wait to see how your CG's will look like now. As for the premise of the story, well it's true that the idea has already been done (and even you mentioned that the plot you've shown us here is GENERAL), so it's how you insert tiny details into your plot, make twists or sudden sharp turns, that will determine whether they're original or just some copy or immitation of some other kind of story.

Good luck! And I hope I'll get to play your VN soon <3

falsedelusion
Regular

#10 Post by falsedelusion »

icebluehost wrote:First, I LOVE your art <3 <3 Neine and Xing look scary with those red eyes *shivers* I can't wait to see how your CG's will look like now. As for the premise of the story, well it's true that the idea has already been done (and even you mentioned that the plot you've shown us here is GENERAL), so it's how you insert tiny details into your plot, make twists or sudden sharp turns, that will determine whether they're original or just some copy or immitation of some other kind of story.

Good luck! And I hope I'll get to play your VN soon <3
haha.. I'm so nervous that the details would suck >_<!

But.. just so you're warned, it won't be soon since it's only me at the moment doing writing, drawing, and programming.......

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#11 Post by GeneDNC »

Your story sounds very interesting and thanks for keeping the description short. I am terribly lazy when it comes to ploughing through wall-of-text description posts. The art is also fantastic.

I do have a question though, will the story be mostly a kinetic novel once you have chosen a particular task. Or will there be choices within each task-arc that lead to different endings for each task? Neither way is better than the other, I am just curious.

I don’t think your premise is particularly cliché and frankly going on TV tropes is sometimes a bad idea, because well, EVERYTHING out there has been done before in one way or another. So don’t worry about what other people have done and just write what you want. Best of luck finishing your game.

MiSi
Veteran
Completed: Santa
Projects: On Grey Wings, The Master's Call, Shadowborn ...while having many more in mind ;)

#12 Post by MiSi »

Ohh... looks so haunting and interesting. Think I keep watching this (demons... har, har :twisted: :lol: ). And the art looks good, too ;)

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#13 Post by JustAnotherMe »

YAY!!! I got to see your art!!! And the story is really interesting, maybe it's because I don't know about the link you gave at the first post, and I won't read that because I wanna play your game in wonder... XD
Last edited by JustAnotherMe on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

falsedelusion
Regular

#14 Post by falsedelusion »

GeneDNC wrote:I do have a question though, will the story be mostly a kinetic novel once you have chosen a particular task. Or will there be choices within each task-arc that lead to different endings for each task? Neither way is better than the other, I am just curious.
Each arc will lead to different endings. At the very least, 3 endings each, making it..er.... 3x6=18 endings if you stop counting after completing all 6 tasks.
I'd limit it to 18 endings only if the coding gets too complicated for me lol, otherwise there'll be more for each task.

falsedelusion
Regular

#15 Post by falsedelusion »

MiSi wrote:Ohh... looks so haunting and interesting. Think I keep watching this (demons... har, har :twisted: :lol: ). And the art looks good, too ;)

fufufu..
NinethHeaven includes demons, angels, and anything else the human race have came up with XD
though this vn is just a segment of the whole story, so the others won't all appear in this story, or else it'd just be a collection of supernatural/mythical creatures =__=;;