[Otome] 月の姫 | Kaguya-hime

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

[Otome] 月の姫 | Kaguya-hime

#1 Post by Rin »

[*][/b]Updated Priscilla's portrait - Feb 01[/color]
[*][/b] Blog updated, as well as the 2 rivals' information and the character' quotes - Jan 29
[*][/b] German version will be available - Dec 03
[*][/b] Blog updated, a Screenshot of CG Gallery added (in Screenshot section down there) and new logo - Dec 11
[*][/b] 2 polls are added in the blog. Please give me a hand by voting for the idea(s) that you might be interested. Thanks guys <3 - Dec 07
[*][/b] Blog updated <33 - Dec 07

Hello LSF-ers,

For the past month, I have been working on a little project. I'm seriously new to Ren'Py so I've got some trouble D: I had a random idea about making a Visual Novel based on my country's traditional story, Kaguya-hime (or the Moon Princess). It took me like a month just to finish the main characters design and getting used with Ren'Py >_>, instead of doing my homework D:

I have every intention of seeing this project through to the end, and I want to finish it before the day that Kaguya-hime went back to the Moon according to the original story, so sometime the next summer there will be a final game release. <3

Also, I hope I have included satisfactory information about my characters as well as the story.

And after many redos, this is my final product

Project's name: Fairy Tale: Kaguya-hime
Genre: Otome visual novel (GxB)
Official Site: http://ftkaguyahime.blogspot.com/

Haunted, being followed, being haunted by your misfortune. Is it such a terrible thing… or, is it destiny’s way to carve out the truest path?

Lyric is living in an orphanage when she was still a newborn baby. She’s spent her entire life, alone, in an old attic of an orphanage hidden away in a solitary valley. Along with her strange appearance and the fact that any families that adopted her died in some horrific accident after living with her for a short time, she's locked in the world which feels alien to her, a world which she feels she does not belong in, a world where all she has experienced is pain and suffering.
Until one day, the orphanage's calamity comes like a whirlwind, just like any families that adopted Lyric.

LYRIC
Lyric is the one you'll play as. She doesn't have a last name, since her parents are pretty unknown. She was left by -someone- in the orphanage when she was still a baby.
She is thought of as a cursed child as many and that attitude of people had turned her into a cold-hearted girl. She likes to keep to herself and really hates when people stare at her. She has a sharp tongue and she won’t hesitate to say what is on her mind.
The story about her being a cursed child started spreading when people found that all the families who had adopted her had died in horrific accidents, along with her weird appearance.
Now she lives in an orphanage but nothing much change; people still think of her as a cursed child and many tend to ignore her.

Quotes:
"I don't need any help"

“Well, I suppose you can go freeze to death while you’re at it.”

HEATH SPENCER
Heath is mature, thoughtful, kind, gentle, very reliable and charming person. Known as the Doctor, he is considered to be very considerate person by everyone. No one has ever seen him losing his temper, and people think of him as someone who they can depend upon. He is a very organized person and is the only working person in the family of two. He is currently in a relationship.

Likes: Cooking, Reading, Cleaning, Taking care of others, enjoying Mother Nature
Dislikes:

Quotes:
“Are you sure you’re all right? I don’t want to let you go, knowing that you’re sick. That’d make me feel bad.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll have it handled.”

“Don’t you love this weather? I think it’s perfect in the springtime.”

ZEPHYR SPENCER
His older brother’s polar opposite. Zephyr dyed his hair to blue and even changed his name. Funny and outgoing, he is like a clown who likes to make everyone around him laugh. He loves dancing with a passion and would have been more loved then his brother, if not for his rebellious and notorious attitude.

He is a member of a street dancing group, and also likes bike racing. The only thing he love more than dancing and riding his bike, is his brother, who he cherish beyond anything.

Dislikes: Onions, Cheaters

Quotes:
“That was cool, right, Lyric? You should have seen me earlier.”

"Man, I’m hungry..” *stomach rumbles* “Whoa, Lyric! Your stomach is so loud!”

"Try and make me."

LEON DEVEREAUX
Leon is a wealthy noble, who seems to live a life similar to Lyric. But unlike Lyric, he had accepted it and molded himself perfectly. There’s a rumors that he has been living alone for a several hundred years, without eating anything. The only thing he prefers to taste is wines, especially red wines such as Bordeaux.
He doesn't seems like a chatty type, but extremely private and likes to keep to himself, until and unless it is necessary for him to mingle with others. By those who don’t know him very well, he could probably be seen as a hard-ass – severe. The only thing he likes to do, except sitting alone and drinking, is playing violin.

Dislikes: Cacophony, Thugs (Bully), Being babysit, Fighting, Rules

Quotes:
“Why are you here?”

“Are you done? Please show yourself out of the door and don't forget to close it."

“There’s no need to panic. Any person with his wits about him or her could keep calm. I can see that’s not the same for you.”

SIFAL FARAJ
Sifal is an Arabic king who has many fans, is considered to be a lady-killer and very popular. Despite his age, Sifal is a great ruler. On the other hand, when it comes to ladies, he is hardly ever shy. He's quite romantic, is the one always smiling at women and opening doors, exchanging gestures, and having small talk.
Generally, he is competitive, picky, prideful, and believes he's above everybody else, also never admits defeat. As a wealthy king, he has everything he wants, and does everything he wants which makes him kind of selfish and overprotective. Also, he dearly loves jewels, especially pearls and enjoys eating them which is totally weird. He often related things to jewels while talking.

Dislikes: Defeat

Quotes:
“Womanizer? I take that as a compliment, little Pearl.”

"Do you know Kral, the only thing I like better than these pearls is Lyric; she looks as if many a great pearls were used to mould her body."

“Ah, madam, you look positively radiant today. May I take your coat?”

EMILY HALE
Heath’s girlfriend. She has a 23 years old little brother. Although she’s the daughter of military commander, Emily is shy, feminine, naïve, serene and very fragile. She does everything slowly, carefully as if everything would break if she makes one wrong step. She doesn’t like wearing revealing clothes and always treat everyone with respect. She is almost like Heath in a woman body and everyone thinks that Heath and Emily are a match made in heaven.
She seems always pleased with her current life.

Dislikes: Insects and frogs, sweets, fight, war, rude peoples, wines

Quotes:
“Oh, thank you. This is absolutely lovely.”

“That’s a stovetop? I never knew what it looked like before… I’m intrigued to see more of what’s in the kitchen.”

PRISCILLA FERRELL
The only daughter of the president. Like the leader of the country, she exhibits impeccable bravery, frankness, superiority and sovereignty. Priscilla has the strength to take command of any situation and her presence in a room commands respect and attention. But again, she’s quite egotistical and it’s quite easy to flatter and take advantage of her. Priscilla is headstrong and her parents constant fawning has spoiled her. However, sometime, she can be very generous towards other. Only people who make her feel safe and reliable see her extremely cute side.
She is possessive by nature for everything she likes, especially Sifal. She believes that what she feels for her husband-to-be is love. He’s like a bright shiny toy for her and she hates Lyric from the first day she saw her.

Likes: Sifal, compliment, being pampered, chocolate, butterflies
Dislikes: Any girl who stays near Sifal, chili sauce, tea

Quotes:
“Why don’t you just leave already?”

“Sifal? He’s mine, sorry. Wait, I take that back. I’m not very sorry at all.”

[*][/b] CG Gallery for each characters
[*][/b] Shopping mall - Lyric's clothes are changeable
[*][/b] 8 endings so far
[*][/b] Characters are voiced
[*][/b] Each character has their own music theme
[*][/b] German version
[*][/b] [/color]>>> Official blog <<<

[*] Spriter:[/b] Rin
[*] CG Artist:[/b] Rin
[*] Writer:[/b] GameForge
[*] Screenplay writer:[/b] Rin, Maltagliati
[*] Programmer:[/b] GameForge
[*] Composer:[/b] Kindred87
[*] GUI:[/b] Miyoshi, GameForge
[*] GUI Artist:[/b] Rin

I hope you enjoy what i've made so far. I'll keep updating the thread, hope you'd stop by somehow :3
Also I would be very grateful to have your feedback/comment/advice.

Thank a lot~
Last edited by Rin on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:27 am, edited 10 times in total.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

Re: [Otome] Fairy Tale: Kaguya-hime

#2 Post by JustAnotherMe »

Yu-Yummyyyy... Rin! You've made a WIP already!!! Gawwddd!! And the pics... absolutely gorgeous!!! *drooling over the bishies...

Uhmmm. I'm kind of wondering if this will be like in the real Kaguya fairy tale. When, you know, she make a fool out of the princes that fell in love with her, asking for impossible tasks, but in the end go to the moon? I hope not... I want to keep all the bishies here XD

And the GUI is really well-done if not GAWDDD!!! *0*
Last edited by JustAnotherMe on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#3 Post by Mink »

(To be pedantic, you wrote 'addict' when you probably meant 'attic')

Anyway, the art is nice and it does sound interesting, though I have to wonder why the orphanage doesn't ditch her somewhere, to try to preemptively avoid any trouble. >x>
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Rin
Regular

#4 Post by Rin »

@JustAnotherMe: JAMMMMMM <3333 About the ending, it has 8 endings so far, so there will be a chance that she'll go back or not. Well, you call it :p xDD

@Mink: Golly my bad :( Fixed! Thank soooo much for the correction
--- Edited---
Oh I almost forgot, about this one:
though I have to wonder why the orphanage doesn't ditch her somewhere, to try to preemptively avoid any trouble. >x>
That sounds like a crime o.O Dumping a child. Normally orphanage is where the children who don't have anywhere to go, staying at. Now they r going to ditch a girl? *A* Nuuh >_>
Besides, there r a little story about the Orphanage's owner inside. :p
Last edited by Rin on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#5 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

I must have Heath I like everyone so far :3 But this almost seems to good to be true... changeable outfit, voiced characters, theme music for every character... is this a non-comercial game? I'm almost afraid to keep looking at these bishies since I don't have any money to shell out for games T_T
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Rin
Regular

#6 Post by Rin »

That's because I luckily have a very talented Programmer :p As well as composer. <33 And the voice thingy isn't really that tough :p
Also, for your question then yes, this is totally free. xDDD So don't worry about that :p My first project after all x_X

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#7 Post by Mink »

Rin wrote:@Mink: Golly my bad :( Fixed! Thank soooo much for the correction
No problem~ Generally things like that don't bug me all that much, but that one made me go, "Wait, what?"
--- Edited---
Oh I almost forgot, about this one:
though I have to wonder why the orphanage doesn't ditch her somewhere, to try to preemptively avoid any trouble. >x>
That sounds like a crime o.O Dumping a child. Normally orphanage is where the children who don't have anywhere to go, staying at. Now they r going to ditch a girl? *A* Nuuh >_>
Besides, there r a little story about the Orphanage's owner inside. :p
Well, if bad things keep happening to people around her, I could see why they'd just be like, "We're going to take you on a road trip very far away and we TOTALLY aren't going to leave you there!"

Ah, okay. I mean, not saying they should ditch her like an unwanted puppy, but it kind of makes you wonder. 8D
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#8 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@Rin: Oh, now I can't wait for it!!! XD I wanna try to be an evil kaguya hime after all. Gahahahaha!!! XP And, looking at the staff, and the artist, I'm sure it's gonna be something great!!! Now... I have to learn from you... I need to draw my sprites at least... urgh... and details always make me shrug... (cursing exams and all it's evil intentions for my sanity)
Rinn<333 gut luck for both of us!! I can't wait if there's a miracle like... your game will be done tomorrow. I'll be sure to put down my biology and play this instead.

@Ennui: Oh no, Heath is mine!! Ah, I kind of understand it. But believe me: with these great staff, there's no way this couldn't happen. Now excuse me, I want to keep Heath in custody

@Mink: Yeah, i was kind of "what?" At least I kind of understand if the orphanage try to... well... move her to a better place. (I can imagine a secluded hut farrrr from the orphanage for locking her up... /shot)
0.3 second lunch

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#9 Post by Taleweaver »

I just read the name of the doctor as "Health Spencer"... I definitely need a tea -_-
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Rin
Regular

#10 Post by Rin »

@Mink: Oh well, she has to live by herself without any contacting in the attic like an isolated mouse already (bleh *x*). Ditching a child would be like a crime and mostly when ppl has intention to build the orphanage as well as working there wouldn't treat children such bad :p Being isolated hurts enough :S *x*

@Jam<3: I wish the best luck for you too <333 Thanks a tonnnn <3 And I feel that I'm covering my face X_x I should learn from you in fact, I'm pretty new to the whole VN thing after all :p

@Taleweaver: Uh oh, how so O.o
And I suppose his name is "heath", w/o "L" :-s

evility
Regular
Projects: 翔-Ailes; The World of Homework (on hold)

#11 Post by evility »

Taleweaver wrote:I just read the name of the doctor as "Health Spencer"... I definitely need a tea -_-
I just did that too, and thought "How fitting!"...

It's amazing that you didn't choose the name Heath on purpose with the similarity to Health in mind! I totally thought you did...

Anyway, the artwork is absolutely lovely! I'm also a bit thrown off by the orphanage keeping her. I don't see a reason it will do so unless, say, a really kind lady in the orphanage insisted that Lyric must have some warmth or something. But that's just my personal opinion. I'm looking forward to more progress on this :D ! This is officially on my stalking list now.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#12 Post by JustAnotherMe »

evility wrote:
Taleweaver wrote:I just read the name of the doctor as "Health Spencer"... I definitely need a tea -_-
I'm also a bit thrown off by the orphanage keeping her. I don't see a reason it will do so unless, say, a really kind lady in the orphanage insisted that Lyric must have some warmth or something. But that's just my personal opinion.
Oh! I can see this as the grandma and grandpa from the original fairy tale!! Will there be any bamboo involved?? XDDD

@Rin: Oh!! Don't be!! I myself is really on my way on making my very, very, very first game. In fact, this is the first time I make sprites that can change it's expression, and this is the first time I'm making such a long scenario, not to mention the branching stories... Oh! And 3 months ago when I start to really participate in this forum, in fact, it's the first time I use a tablet and draw anime-style!!!! @_@
If you see my posts too much already, it's because I'm a chatty person, so I post too much things.
So I think we're newbies here XD Let's show them the power of newbies!!!
0.3 second lunch

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#13 Post by sake-bento »

Wow, this looks great! I love the Kaguya-hime fable, and the character designs are fantastic. Looking forward to this~

PockieHoshi
Regular

#14 Post by PockieHoshi »

Wow,Amazing o_o!!
This seriously looks professional enough to be a commercial game xD,but I'm super glad that this is free cuz I'm broke right now D:
The art is superb as well! All the character designs look fantastic and the features make me even more impatient x)

Good luck on this awesome project!!

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#15 Post by manga_otaku »

I love the premise of the VN! I can't wait to see all the updates and obviously the completed game itself!
Good luck! :D
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]