Welcome! (Rules! Read this first!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Welcome! (Rules! Read this first!)

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

Hello! This is a forum for posting in-progress works, recruitment requests, and project help offers. There are two main rules here:

1) Please make sure your projects are ren'ai, visual novel, bishoujo, or anime-related.

2) Posts must have links to relevant work! In other words, DO NOT post something like "Hey, I have this awesome idea for an RPG where blah blah blah, and I need help" UNLESS you can show some progress on it! (Otherwise, it's not a work-in-progress, but a daydream :wink: ) If you are posting to offer help, please give examples of the kind of work you do.

Let's hope we can make some magic happen! 8)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by monele »

I suppose this means I should post the upcoming Utsukushii Planet demo here, right ?

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

Re: Welcome! (Rules! Read this first!)

#3 Post by Alessio »

Blue Lemma wrote:(Otherwise, it's not a work-in-progress, but a daydream :wink: )
Now there's an idea: Make another forum area called "Daydreams" to get those posts out of the way! :-)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

I like this. I've been for such a section for a long time, so it's good to see it. The game-makers corner can now be used for theoretical discussions and all, it's nice.
Blue Lemma wrote: Posts must have links to relevant work! In other words, DO NOT post something like "Hey, I have this awesome idea for an RPG where blah blah blah, and I need help" UNLESS you can show some progress on it!
Some game-making forums have categorical screenshot requirements. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to make it this hardline in here though, since most of the people are looking for art ^_^.
But it shows that daydream projects aren't limited to the fan-made ren'ai world, but (and the more I learn about the matter the more confirmation I get) in the whole fan-made gaming world.

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Adorya »

The Game Creator section above should be cleaned from duplicate then, I can still see some moved wip thread (or shall the author delete it, shouldn't it be faster?)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#6 Post by Blue Lemma »

I left a few pages of "moved" threads to point people to the new forum (like "hint hint" :wink: ) but I'll probably get rid of them over time.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#7 Post by Watercolorheart »

Oh. Nice. Good idea to seperate these forums out, since they're going to be populated by people looking in on their own projects, these tend to be the ones trying to help out others too in a little bit of spare time. (right?)
I'm not even the same person anymore

#8 Post by Guest »

um...hello...ummm...i would just want to ask if a storyline is considered as work in-progress...bcoz I'm working on a storyline for a multipath VN...

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#9 Post by Blue123 »

Guest wrote:um...hello...ummm...i would just want to ask if a storyline is considered as work in-progress...bcoz I'm working on a storyline for a multipath VN...
Hi there. At the moment, if no coding's going on/actual work on a playable thing is happening, it belongs in the Game Maker's Corner. If you go there, you can post your ideas and get help. Also, it's better to get an account here. It'll make things much more easier.

Thanks.

Neon Lemmy Koopa
Regular
Projects: Prince of Lawyers

#10 Post by Neon Lemmy Koopa »

I got an Ace Attorney style game in progress right now. Is Ace Attorney considered visual novel etc?
Now, they often call me Speedo, But my real name is Mr. Earl!
Now, they often call me Speedo, But my real name is Mr. Earl!
Known for meetin' brand new fellas and takin' other folk's girl!
Now, some, they call me Joe, Some may call me Moe
Just remember Speedo, he don't never take it slow
Even R&B in the 50's was cool

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#11 Post by Samu-kun »

Actually, I don't think most people here really care whether something's strictly a visual novel. If it's just related to anime/J-games in general, then you can probably post it without any problems. I mean, we've already had a number of RPGs announced in the WIP section, so I doubt it'll be a big deal.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by monele »

And we're a lot of Ace Attorney fans around here anyway, so it shouldn't matter much ;)

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Showsni »

And I'd say it pretty much is a visual novel anyway. With adventure game elements...

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#14 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Everything is a visual novel with RPG elements.... lulz.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

virtual_vk

#15 Post by virtual_vk »

it's hard for me to browse the content of this forum :? , so i have a suggestion to separate its topic based on gxb, bxg, yuri, yaoi, and all of those combination