Welcome! (Rules! Read this first!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Julivia1

Re: Welcome! (Rules! Read this first!)

#31 Post by Julivia1 »

Hi! I'm new here and have seen amazing otome games. And I have an idea that's sort of a WiP called Crazy Hearts. Its GXB otome game. I have most of the graphics and hard at work on plot, but the Ren'Py VN engine cant insert the images. I need technical help! The backgrounds and characters wont show up! :cry:

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#32 Post by Hijiri »

Julivia1 wrote:Hi! I'm new here and have seen amazing otome games. And I have an idea that's sort of a WiP called Crazy Hearts. Its GXB otome game. I have most of the graphics and hard at work on plot, but the Ren'Py VN engine cant insert the images. I need technical help! The backgrounds and characters wont show up! :cry:
Did you define the images?

Code: Select all

define Eileen smile = "Eileen_smile.png"
is an example.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

#33 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

I am probably going to feel stupid for asking this, but is it okay to post ideas that you may not get to for a while, but still have many ideas for? When I say many ideas, I mean far too many to post in this thread http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... f=4&t=2257. I like sharing ideas, but I do not want to be a bother.

crossover

#34 Post by crossover »

what if you have a few ideas but haven't started anyone of them yet. which board should i post them in? and should i post each idea in seperate threads or mention them all in one thread. if i do any one of those ideas, i'd probably have to find someone willing to do the art since i've tried drawing digitally before but I suck at that big time, i can't shade at all

Updown1234
Projects: Misericore
Tumblr: ongkomelissa
Deviantart: ongkomelissa

#35 Post by Updown1234 »

So, actually, I'm making a dating sim called doki doki high school love, and I need a CG artist. I am making this on ren'py, and it is going to be a visual novel, pure story and choices. I already have most of the character sprites and the back story for each. If you are interested, please reply. I will not be able to pay you since I plan on making this game free.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#36 Post by Googaboga »

Updown1234 wrote:So, actually, I'm making a dating sim called doki doki high school love, and I need a CG artist. I am making this on ren'py, and it is going to be a visual novel, pure story and choices. I already have most of the character sprites and the back story for each. If you are interested, please reply. I will not be able to pay you since I plan on making this game free.
Hey Updown. You probably won't catch the attention of any artists here. If you want to recruit an artist you should make a thread in the recruitment section of the forum :>.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=38

Just be sure when you make your thread you include all the necessary information :].
1) An overview of the project, or a link to an overview. Recruitment threads that are not created for a specific project but generally for a company or organization of sorts ("headhunting threads") will no longer be allowed in this forum.

2) A description of what sort of work needs to be done, for example "Need a character artist" or "Need a script writer". For commissions, we strongly suggest giving an estimate of how much of that work will be necessary. (Examples: "Four character sprites in 4-5 poses each" or "A dialogue script of approximately 60,000 words")

3) A description of what work has been completed on the project, if any.

4) A note as to if this is a commission or collaboration.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

#37 Post by Catlip Candy »

I am the Newbiest of the newbie VN creator... All I have is the script. Meeeeh... I am lacking of skills and equipment to create sketches of characters and even scenes. So what kind of attachment should I include? I guess I have to do more to make my own thread.... T_T

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#38 Post by Googaboga »

Welcome Fake Existence :]. As long as you have an idea you can make a thread in the Ideas section. If you want to add it to the Work in Progress section you could include sections of the script, choice trees showing examples of the ways the game can branch, screen shots using stand in assets, and things like that. You don't necessarily need any of the official art in order to count your game as a Work in Progress. Though if the script isn't too far along you should probably stick to the Ideas section for now.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Impulse
Regular
Projects: Tears of Glass [Romance VN, Supernatural, School, GxB]
Deviantart: mariscribbles

#39 Post by Impulse »

Hi. So I was wondering what happens after you move away from the idea stage? I was unsure if my VN would be counted as idea or work in progress so I put it in the idea stage. Now I've created multiple sprites, a CG, chosen music and started writing the script (about 6000 words so far). I've also coded a bit. It's still early, but I think it counts as a work in progress now. Is there a way for me to move my thread to the work in progress topic? Or should I make a new thread?

Only thing is - I don't have a name for the game yet.
Current project (on hold):
Tears of Glass - [Romance otome, Supernatural, School, GxB] - http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=37523
Demo for Tears of Glass - viewtopic.php?f=45&t=38285

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#40 Post by PyTom »

I'd suggest coming up with a name - or at least a work in progress name - and post a new thread. WiP threads should be different than Ideas thread. In Ideas, we discuss what a game could be. In WiP proper, we discuss what it is.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Impulse
Regular
Projects: Tears of Glass [Romance VN, Supernatural, School, GxB]
Deviantart: mariscribbles

#41 Post by Impulse »

PyTom wrote:I'd suggest coming up with a name - or at least a work in progress name - and post a new thread. WiP threads should be different than Ideas thread. In Ideas, we discuss what a game could be. In WiP proper, we discuss what it is.
Thank you for the extremely fast response! I will try to come up with a good name then! :)
Current project (on hold):
Tears of Glass - [Romance otome, Supernatural, School, GxB] - http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=37523
Demo for Tears of Glass - viewtopic.php?f=45&t=38285

Shamsia
Completed: Mi vida en el bunker, El camino de la bruja

#42 Post by Shamsia »

Hello.

I am in dobut about a project two friends and I are working in. It is a raising sim with some VN elements, but the most important part is in the diverse endings you can get (10+). Should I post it in the "Ideas" forum, or it doesen´t fit in the forum spectrum?
My life in the bunker [Esp/Eng], a free to play VN.
El camino de la Bruja [Esp], Princess Maker en la actualidad y con Brujas.

Hazel
Regular
Projects: Wreath of Roses, BookSLEEPer, Girlfriend Material
Tumblr: zincalloygames
itch: zincalloy

#43 Post by Hazel »

Question: how do I know if my project is relevant to this forum? I'm not really all that fluent in the dating sim world or terminology, and I'm not sure I know how to determine my game(s) genre.

Shagwrath
Regular
Projects: Shison L, Cosmic Raven
Organization: Progeny Gaming, LLC.
IRC Nick: Shagwrath
Deviantart: shawnbaybo

#44 Post by Shagwrath »

Something I wondering:

I have a project here in the 'Ideas' section, but now as I'm about to finalize the script and start backgrounds/character art it's really not an idea anymore and in my humble opinion at least makes more sense to be in the 'WIP' section.

Should I abandon the old topic in Ideas and make a new one in WIP? Should I ask someone to move the topic? Or just leave it as is?
Cosmic Raven - Episode 1
[KN][Comedy][Sci-Fi][Short][18+]

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#45 Post by PyTom »

Generally, creating a new thread is the best.

The thinking is that ideas threads and wip threads are different. In the ideas threads, we're mostly discussing potential and initial impressions. In wip threads, we can start talking about the real material that's being presented. Those are two different kinds of discussion, and it doesn't make sense to ask users to wade through multiple pages of ideas before the wip content starts.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom