Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] Overall: 90+%

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
IanaBri
Regular

Re: Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome]

#16 Post by IanaBri »

This looks very much promising. The prospect of this new game excites me (especially since I enjoyed Frozen Essence). And to think, it's already 69% done?! I can't believe I've only just noticed it. Please keep me posted. I'd love to help any way I possibly can.

selenity136
Regular

#17 Post by selenity136 »

the artwork is definitely an improvement from frozen essence! =)

my only gripe so far is that on the clothing screen, having the MC's model be black makes it difficult to see some of the clothing that are dark as well. I suggest having the model be nude brown color. Other than that, I can't wait when the demo/full game is release :)

Btw,..is there going to be a 2 guys/1 girl ending?

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#18 Post by VenusEclipse »

@xelacroix. I use a black model because it's simpler. I'm just trying to limit art assets since there's a lot to draw. If she has a face, I'll have to draw a full model with undergarments, and it'll be tough for me to edit some outfits. I hope you understand. So it's all about shortcuts there. ^-^;
I am sure the main girl is cute enough though. Are you talking about her face or her hair? The character herself isn't really extravagant/cutesy so I hope her looks are okay. o.O
I guess I'll stick with the Elly too. =)

@IanaBri. I don't like to announce projects anywhere other than my site until they're at least halfway done, and this topic is still sort of new. ^-^

@selenity. I'll think about changing the model's default colour. Even though some clothes are black,they're a little bit lighter so you can see the clothes. If it does interfere when it's tested, maybe the model will be a dark grey.
There's no two guys with one girl ending, if that's what you mean. XD

@everyone: I'm glad the art got better because it's been messing with my mind for a while.
I didn't expect to see many replies until I got this notification and thanks for being interested!

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by briannavon »

Does this game have a demo? I hope it does!
Join Me At LivingGame Productions!

http://livinggameproductions.blogspot.com/

Celestine
Veteran

#20 Post by Celestine »

How did you come up with the title of this game?
I remember reading before that you didn't give it one when you were describing to make a dating sim game on your Unbroken Hours website that you couldn't think of one.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#21 Post by VenusEclipse »

@briannavon Sorry, there's no demo. There's too many bugs for that, and there are missing things randomly from the beginning, middle and end of the game. ^^;

@Celestine
I usually come up with titles later on while I make VNs/Sims. I didn't have a title at first because I want to have a title that's hardly used. The hard part is making that fit the theme of the game. If I named this "Love" or something simple, it'll be lost when people Google it. XD

Heartstring:
1.)Our deepest feelings of love and compassion;
2.)string = also a computer term

Bugs:
1.)annoying pesky real life bugs
2.)Computer bugs

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome, "supernatural(?)"]

#22 Post by briannavon »

Oh. By the way, what areas are in the game?
Join Me At LivingGame Productions!

http://livinggameproductions.blogspot.com/

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#23 Post by Michiyo6918 »

This looks great so far :3 I love your Frozen Essance, can't wait for this to come out.

The art has really improved a lot, and I love the BG of the game (wish I could draw like that...)
Vi: A stranded baby virus from another planet, he is staying with the MC until he can figure out how to get home. He is getting distracted with his school project documenting earth, and mingling humans!
I was reading and stopped right at this point yelling "Wait what? Why is my name appears in here? Am I seeing thing?" =)) Yay, I got my real name appears in your game xD (and on top of that it's a guy's name~)
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#24 Post by VenusEclipse »

To Brianna: Areas include a high school, home, a mall, downtown and a few other areas relevant to the setting.

To Michi: You're not seeing things. I guess I had it short for "Virus." I'm sure you'll enjoy the Vi in this game, I hope. ^_^

Anyway, I fixed more messed up coding on my part, but no one really thinks that's progress anyway.
So I uploaded a gameplay video that's more functional. It's missing some graphics but it's working better. If you want a preview, check below. It's close to how the final version will be like.
(The girl's happy expression is not done.)

http://youtu.be/rCRYKenWNy0

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

Re: Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] - Gameplay video up

#25 Post by Omnificent »

I for one welcome our Tokimeki VenusEclipse Edition overlords, as I enjoyed both Frozen Essence and Tokimeki Memorial. I hope that the characters/world here are as interestingly characterized even with the lighter, high school setting.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Celestine
Veteran

#26 Post by Celestine »

That's a cute GUI it looks like a chalkboard.

The girl in the white uniform mouth looks a bit funny though.

Like how you had the sprite moving around though, that's cute and funny too :wink:
Especially dropping the weight. :lol:
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#27 Post by VenusEclipse »

To Celestine: Oh yeah, I didn't color in her mouth yet. I thought it would be obvious but I guess it isn't. XD

Sorry for the late reply. I got a bit busy. Thanks for your interest! ^_^;

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#28 Post by VenusEclipse »

Phew, here are some seasonal outfits. There's more outfits to fit the seasons, but I don't want to reveal them all in a thread. :mrgreen:
There's costumes for Halloween too. I guess there's a minimum of four outfits per character, and a maximum of nine.
The last character is Blaze, the "loud" guy.
outfits.png
Hopefully, I can finish sprites and sprite outfits by next week. ^_^

Celestine
Veteran

#29 Post by Celestine »

I like the first sprite if she's a chick. But what's with the pink hair's outfit?! I like the 3rd sprite hair, nice white color you picked.

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#30 Post by VenusEclipse »

The guy with red (pink???) hair is just outgoing and his personality is "loud." His outfit just matches his personality. XD

As for the blond, does he really look like a girl? I think I have to fix his clothes.
And thanks for the comment for the guy in white. I'm glad he passes. =)