Closed project.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

Re: LemmaTV: Television that watches you

#106 Post by Gear »

That's fine. We always have space for more proofreaders. :)
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#107 Post by wingzofdarkness »

Might as well join the mighty crew on this =]

Preferred Role(s): Sprite artist, CG artist, Logo/promo
Core or Chill Member: Chill (I'll be abroad for six months so I am pretty restricted on time for art, but I would like to participate when I am available)

Joshua1207
Regular
Projects: composed for: Sweetest Monster, AIdol, Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet
Organization: Mock Off
Soundcloud: Joshua1207

#108 Post by Joshua1207 »

Preferred Role(s): Composer
Core or Chill Member: Chill
https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207
My newest hits^

Contact me if you need a composer!

Kaiyume
Regular

#109 Post by Kaiyume »

Preferred role: Writer/proofreader
Core or Chill member: Chill

These characters were created a really long time ago for a Naruto-ish ninja roleplay... haha.

Name: Genji
Description: An energetic boy. Messy brown hair, green eyes. Wears a green Chinese-style shirt and comfortable pants.
Role: A dramatic shounen-type character.
Personality: Calling him hyper would be an understatement. His mood constantly sways between being completely excited and completely despondent. However, he is very strong-willed and usually optimistic. Genji usually jumps straight into things without thinking.
Keeping or Donating?: Keeping.

Name: Kaiyume (Yes, just like my username.)
Description: A young teenage girl. Black hair, dark blue eyes. Her hair is is tied up in a short ponytail. Wears a short, altered kimono-type garment with navy shorts underneath.
(http://kaiyume.deviantart.com/#/d4l4r6r Here is my mediocre drawing of her. The attire is different, but has the same color scheme.)
Role: A well-meaning but pretty much useless helper.
Personality: Is normally pretty kind, idealistic, and calm. She tries really hard and really values her few friends. Tends to be on the quiet side, but will talk if someone else starts the conversation. Kaiyume wanted to be a warrior so that she could protect the people close to her, but is actually somewhat clumsy and feeble...and she tends to avoid violence. However, she does have a knack for cooking.
Keeping or Donating?: Keeping, I guess.
Last edited by Kaiyume on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celestine
Veteran

#110 Post by Celestine »

:? Ummm wouldn't it make more sense for writers to create 2 characters then pick a channel, type up their profile for both characters then have someone be given 2 different members to pm each other for 1 character and the 2nd character to the other member and write up updated scripts to 2 different members to create a script together.

Then send the script to one of the sprite and background artists.

Create list that shows what's taken and what's still left.

Instead of taking someone else's character and create a script with your own character.

:?
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#111 Post by Gear »

I think it's because I'm exhausted, but I'm having significant difficulty deciphering your meaning there. However, if what you're suggesting is that we do joint writing projects, I have to say it's not a great idea. Especially under such time-sensitive circumstances, most writers don't play well together (I speak from experience, being a writer myself). Of course, It's possible I've completely missed your meaning, and if so, I apologize.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#112 Post by azureXtwilight »

I think I'm going to take the "game show" sorta thing :D

One that needs a participant to go on several trials against other members to compete for money?

Zay

#113 Post by Zay »

I am going to ask a dumb question... but I'm going to try to explain it as clearly as I can.

As this is the very first VN project I have ever worked on, I am wondering if I will need anything special in terms of software or such to be a proofreader. I have openoffice, which plays well with almost everything...

I have downloaded Ren'py and browsed it's tutorial so, if people have been writing in that format I will understand a little of what they are trying to do... should I try to have a stronger understanding of Ren'py before the module deadline, when I assume I will be called upon to do some editing?

What are people hoping for in terms of proofreaders? Basic constructive criticism, checking spelling and grammar, and internal story consistency? Something more?
Last edited by Zay on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#114 Post by SilverxBlue »

Gah! I wasn't able to go online for 8 days, cause my big brother thinks it's funny to leave me in a province that has no freaking internet connection because I couldn't wake up early!
Anyway, I have no idea what's going on so if anyone could PM me the summary or something? ^_^;;
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#115 Post by Gear »

@Zay: To proofread, you will need Ren'Py, or at the very least, jEdit. However, when you do your proofreading, you will more than likely be actually playing through the game. You'll make a list of errors you find, and send them to the writer. You will be looking for all those things you listed, and anything more you notice. The writer will ultimately choose what to keep and what to toss.

@SilverxBlue: There was a lot of data tossed back and forth, but this is a good place to start. Further questions can be directed towards the chill group in Skype, or you can PM me.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#116 Post by Gear »

@wingzofdarkness: Welcome! We need a TON of artists. Do you have a Skype? If you can get one, it would significantly ease the communication process. (It's where most of the updates are announced.)

@Joshua: Great! We need a haunting melody for the title screen using orchestral (or at least real) instruments. (Preferably not bagpipes or accordion.) There's your 1st assignment!

@Kaiyumi: Go ahead and keep both of your characters and put a module together. Send me a (detailed) synopsis before you start writing to ensure that you don't make any errors that conflict with the game's overreaching story arc.
azureXtwilight wrote:I think I'm going to take the "game show" sorta thing :D

One that needs a participant to go on several trials against other members to compete for money?
That's fine, as long as it's not based on Wheel of Fortune (it's been taken).

Funnyguts
Veteran

#117 Post by Funnyguts »

Hi. CheeryMoya told me to post in here and say I'm a programmer.

Edit: And to edit this post and say I'm only chill.

Kaiyume
Regular

#118 Post by Kaiyume »

If you don't mind me asking, should the module relate to any main storyline? (And if so, what is the main story of the game?)

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#119 Post by CheeryMoya »

Kaiyume wrote:If you don't mind me asking, should the module relate to any main storyline? (And if so, what is the main story of the game?)
No, all individual modules are short stories that are contained within themselves. The Core will be responsible for connecting the end of the module to the main story.

Reminder: Write from one of your character's POVs. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or a Core member.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#120 Post by Coren »

Hmm, so we have to write in first person from one of the characters' points of view, then?