Closed project.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Idea: Lemmasoft Forums VN Project

#31 Post by azureXtwilight »

Name: Zephyr Vanguardion
Look like:
Gender/Species
: Male/Human from another world
Description: Spiky hair, a mask, a bit shorter than boys his age.
Appears in: Fantasia Momento of Grand Finale
Role: The snarker
Personality: Zephyr is snarky, cynical and a bit rude. He always snarks at people's plans and ruin them, sometimes comes off as a jerk. He is lost from Fantasia and is trying to survive in the normal parallel world. His goal is to return to Fantasia. Zephyr always thinks that the normal human's way of living is weird.
Keeping or Donating?: Keeping

Name: Lee Shuang
Look like :
Description: Chinese girl, black eyes and hair, sitting on a wheelchair, always hugging a teddy bear.
Appears in: Doppelganger; Dawn of Inverted Soul
Role: The best friend? The matchmaker?
Personality: Shuang is very gentle and nice, she has the "mother" role in the game. But secretly, she's also a bit cunning and smart. Shuang is obsessed with love stories and romance, and likes to pair people off. Sometimes, she snarks at people. Very, very subtly.
Keeping or Donating?: Donating

Also, with this huge time zone difference, please PM me with details of the meeting, thanks.

I also have a huge free-royalty SENTIVE music collection, last time I checked we can use them in free non-commercial games. If you want to use them, please tell me and I can send.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#32 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I'll put up these characters now, but I'm still hoping to have sprites before they're used.

Yamanami Tanako
DONATING (you lucky dog, you!)
Appears in: Eternal Memories
Role in novel: Childhood friend of the MC
Looks: Aggressive, boyish, short bleached blonde hair, tough
Likes: Backpacking, camping, other outdoor activities, fighting, cooking, smashing in heads of delinquents, challenges
Dislikes: Being called a boy, school, homework, teachers, delinquents (even though she is one herself, she smashes others on site)
Personality: Tomboy, delinquent, violent and easy to set off (quick to attack)
Fighting skills: incredibly strong, kicking, punching, speed
Trademark move: a punch to the jaw that sends the opponent flying as far as ten feet through the air
More info: She prides herself in her cooking abilities, but her food is (literally, yes, literally, as in actually) worse than her punches and can put a person in the hospital for a couple days.
Conditions: She is undefeatable. She cannot be beaten in physical fight. Period. That means that she probably shouldn't get in one.

I'm working with Tag- on her design. We're also trying to figure out the school uniforms that both characters will be wearing.

Minami Sakura
KEEPING TOTALLY KEEPING
My favorite character from Eternal Memories. I love shy girls so much! There is nothing better than a shy girl. Nothing. No, not even what you're thinking about right now. NOTHING!
Appears in: Eternal Memories
Role in novel: Shy girl and mysterious silent transfer student
Looks: Shortish black hair, often blushing
Dislikes: Noisy places, being bullied
Personality: Introvert, easily embarrassed, clings to those she is close to when she is around strangers, blushes a lot, when she tries, she tries her hardest
Strengths: Very smart (she doesn't have to pay attention in class to do well)
Weaknesses: She faints easily, she is easily embarrassed, she is shy and afraid of other people, she does not speak
More info: Shy girl, emotionally damaged in middle school from an event that I'm not going to spoil here, she knows a lot of recipes and foods, but her cooking is just mediocre
I don't have an artist for her yet... I'm planning on looking for one soon and intend to put up a request. The school uniform is still being worked on by Tag- and me.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Patty
Regular
Completed: Letters for You, Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks
Projects: Paradox

#33 Post by Patty »

Preferred Role(s): Artist :) (Am more comfortable with CGs since you need changing expressions and poses for sprites...)
Core or Chill Member: Chill member
Letters for You [KN] [NaNoRenO 2012] : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=14271

Paradox [NaNoReNo 2013] WIP: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19714

Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=28476

SvenTheViking
Regular
Projects: Chronicles of the Timetraveler's Wars
Organization: ProgMan Productions; Polymorphic Games

#34 Post by SvenTheViking »

To keep in compliance:

Preferred Role(s): Programming and writing (and while, as I've already said, you're welcome to any music I do unless otherwise stated, I'd recommend against relying on me for it, as there are many other composers here, I'm sure)
Core or Chill Member: Either. I've got plenty of time to do core, but I can do chill if there's no need for more core members.

Name: Logan (his real name is Louis Andrew Greenwich, but he gets rather torqued when you call him that)
Description: Caucasian, with a fading tan and grey-blue eyes. Tall and built like a boxer. Raised in California. Prefers t-shirt and jeans to suits. Drops his trailing g's ("runnin'" instead of "running"), uses "an'" instead of "and", uses "ain't", and generally speaks in a relaxed, almost lazy style. Breaks his usual lax speech pattern when angry, trading it for VERY proper English. Speaks passable Japanese and more or less decent French. Parents still married, live with his sister on ranch in California. Lives in a pseudo-dystopian 2030. Eyes replaced by cybernetics due to childhood incident.
Role: Police detective.
Personality: Fairly average 19-year-old. Snarky (oh so very snarky), but rarely outright rude. Comes off as overconfident and goes into most situations with too little planning and too much faith in his own abilities, but usually manages to pull it out in the end. Generally unemotional and impartial. Cares about people (he did become a detective, after all), but rarely goes past giving advice, with the exception of his close friends and family.
Keeping or Donating?: Donating. I want to see what other people do with him. Also, he's the only character I have license to share at current that is fleshed out enough to be used by anyone but me.
Notes: I can provide samples of him at request, as well as expand upon his backstory, if whomever gets him really wants to know.

Name: Marlene Hanael
Description: Reasonably tall, with green eyes, fair skin, and hair that changes with her mood (a conscious decision; see personality section). The archetype of guardian angel; immensely powerful, fiercely protective, gifted with a great many abilities (in her case, ones centered around electricity, which is explained in the story (VN) from which I pulled her, which will be put up here when I get enough work done on it to show it off), and... Constrained by a million miles of other-worldly red tape, limiting when she can use her abilities for the safety of the world. Has the appearance of a normal human in ordinary clothes unless she's using her power, at which time her wings appear and her clothing is replaced by plate armor.
Role: Protector
Personality: Unstable. Very unstable. Suffers from dramatic mood shifts, seemingly at random, unless she's defensive mode. This is a result of her adapting to being on our plane of existence for the first time; she's never had to deal with having a corporeal body before, which means she's never learned to control biologically-based emotions. When in defensive mode, is stern and no-nonsense, insisting on focusing on the job at hand; comes off as terse. Tends to keep her hair as some shade of natural red or brown. When out of defensive mode, her emotions run wild, though stay within the limits of a normal human, jumping at what would appear to be random. As a sort of warning system, she changes the color of her hair; bright red when she's angry, pink when she's excited or embarrassed, white when she's depressed or tired (all subject to change, as I'm writing this when I'm quite tired). Stays in defensive mode most of the time, as the chaos of her as-of-yet-uncontrolled emotions tends to annoy her.
Keeping or Donating?: Keeping.

If I can get in touch with my friend, I'll have him draw up something for the characters' appearances.

EDIT: Added second character.
"Be not afraid of greatness: some men are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
William Shakespeare, "Twelfth Night"

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#35 Post by Gear »

Recruitment Thread has been posted!
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#36 Post by Corynth »

Preferred Role(s): Writer
Core or Chill Member: Chill.
Skype: None - my internet connection is too crap for it. Email is better. You can pm me for it.

The characters' personalities are taken from just before they appear in the Keeper, because it's simpler that way.

Name: Azura
Description: He's a lean blue-haired, blue eyed male. Tends to make cheerful and immature expressions, but can suddenly become extremely serious.
Role: The flirt. The school prince. The actor.
Personality: Azura comes off as an immature and playful flirt, but he has a much deeper side that he tries to hide. Very few things can make him truly angry(one of them is mistreating a sibling). When insulted he will usually let it go or laugh about it, unless it touches on a sore point. He doesn't like people who suck up to him, but will still turn up the charm around them so as not to disappoint. Sometimes acts like a clueless idiot for fun.
Keeping or Donating?: Keeping
Other: Azura's weapon of choice is a sword, but he tends to use magic as well. His magic is primarily conjuring and controlling water, but he is skilled enough to use other types as well.

Name: Aiden
Description: He's a lean red-haired, red eyed male. He has a tendency to glare and is usually serious or angry.
Role: The short-tempered, guy with a heart of gold. The protector. The fighter.
Personality: Aiden grew up in an area where he had to fight to survive and protect what's precious to him. As a result, he's an excellent fighter with no qualms about injuring or killing to protect anyone he holds dear. He does however have lines that he won't cross, such as being involved in cold-blooded murder(even just the disposal of the body) or harming an innocent. He hates Azura(partly because he sees Azura as always having had it easy, but also for something that happened years ago) and is easily angered. He has no problem invading personal space(adjusting a stance, looking over someone's shoulder, pinning people) until it is pointed out(then he gets embarrassed and jumps back). Despite the above he can be sweet, protective and kind as long as you're not a threat. As a result of his childhood he is somewhat awkward and wary around new people and can come across as brash, impatient and rude.
Keeping or Donating?: Donating... Yes, I'm donating my one of my favourite characters.
Other: Aiden's weapon of choice is are guns that he can conjure, but he also love hand-to-hand combat. His magic is primarily conjuring and controlling fire.

If you get Aiden and have any questions or want background info then pm me.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Gear »

I think I need to post up my characters as well. XP

Name: Ethan Scott Huỳnh
Description: Short and thin, but has a somewhat angular look to him, making him look slightly older despite his size. Pitch-black hair, black rimmed glasses with thick lenses. Wears varying colored short-sleeved overshirts with varying colored short-sleeved undershirts and non-descript pants.
Role: Sarcastic pragmatist, straight man for many comic relief characters.
Personality: Pragmatic but tactful. An idealist whose beliefs tend to clash with his logic. He is a bona-fide genius, graduating from high school at 15 and going straight to college for medicine. He doesn't take jokes well. His best friend is a highly skilled martial artist, making him a skilled fighter by proxy. He's driven, motivated, but easily exasperated by the actions of those around him. He has the ability to manipulate gravity.
Keeping or Donating?: Keeping.

Name: Raven Monet O'Neil
Description: Black woman with an attitude. Spaghetti-strap top with jeans. Long black hair with highly reflective silver earrings.
Role: Attitude problem.
Personality: Sheer force of will. Raven is a very attractive young woman, but doesn't use her feminine wiles to get what she wants. She certainly could, but that's not how she rolls. Raven is a force of nature on two legs. She has the potential to get violent when someone does something stupid, or argues with her on a point where she knows she's right. She has significant distrust towards men, which doesn't bode well considering the rest of the group is comprised of males. She is decisive, quick to judge, but an able judge of character in most cases. She lacks any kind of sarcasm that others her age are practically defined by. She does not mince words, and says exactly what is on her mind. She can project an energy beam from her hands, but it must be powered by her internal energy supply, or by nearby kinetic energy.
Keeping or Donating?: Donating. :)
Last edited by Gear on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#38 Post by Stripe »

Preferred Role(s): Programmer, proofreader... I'm no good at writing but I've got lots of spare time and I'd be more than willing to do all of the boring bare-bones coding that needs doing. ^^
Core or Chill Member: Chill~

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Gear »

The list SHOULD be up to current. If I haven't added you, let me know.

Weakjounin has been taking stock of all the characters being donated to the pool, and kept by each author. We're going to give a little more time for people to sign up (I think more people get online during the weekends), and then we'll start divvying up the characters. At that point, applications for writers will close. However, with our somewhat severe shortage of other positions (especially artists), we will keep the other positions open longer for people to be able to jump in and do what they do best. We must also get artists who can fill in the gaps on art from modules that do not get assigned an artist due to lack of numbers (as we can't pull sprites that look like characters from free domain quite as easily as we could music). If you're interested in being a backup artist in that way, let me know.

Kindred87
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale: Kaguya-hime, MR Project (Non-VN), Wake Up Call (Non-VN), & Becoming A Good Composer
Organization: セイバーサウンドグループ WEST

#40 Post by Kindred87 »

Question here.

Can a chill member apply for a core position?
LimeBooth : http://limebooth.com/profiles/collinkindred/ | Music Thread (Closed To Requests Indefinitely) : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=12938
SoundCloud : http://soundcloud.com/collin-kindred

Currently : Creating 75+ requested songs.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by CheeryMoya »

Removed for irrelevancy.
Last edited by CheeryMoya on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arleccina

#42 Post by Arleccina »

Preferred Role(s): Sprite or CG artist
Core or Chill Member: Chill

Weakjounin
Veteran

#43 Post by Weakjounin »

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#44 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

^ That's the poll for whether the MC should be customized, clearly defined, or nonexistent.

My vote was clearly defined, because it's difficult to write for a customized narrator and no narrator means third person, which is a bit hard...
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#45 Post by Reikun »

I'll look into getting Skype for the sake of communication C:
I'm also happy to do background art since sorani is all alone right now xD

EDIT: My skype is blisteredcarnival :) Looking forward to working with you guys!
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter