AliceX2 [GxB][BL]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Ginger
Regular

AliceX2 [GxB][BL]

#1 Post by Ginger »

*This project is still very much in development… I know the idea isn’t very original, but I hope you well give your feedback and opinions on it! Sorry I'm not a great artist, and I'll try to update it real soon!

Alice Liddel lives a mundane life within the walls of the family’s estate. Not needed, life is filled with meaningless lessons and hollow words. Upon chance (or perhaps not quite) they find themself in Wonderland; a world where many inhabitants do not hesitate to show their hostility towards the ‘wrong’ Alice.

-Chose as either a boy or girl Alice
-Multiple romancable boys for either gender

Chracters (to be updated(Designs are still currently in sketch phase))

[MCs]

Alice ♥
“A silly girl you are, thinking your words mean anything to anyone.”
Her only duty in life is to marry into a well-off family. Unlike her adored elder sister who is her parents pet, Alice is left much to her own devices and rarely comes in contact with her family. Despite the many attempts to wed her, her suitors often complain of vulgar language, unladylike manners, and most of all, her own opinion. She's not even an adult yet, but her family is disgusted that she is not already engaged. They threaten to send her a nunnery if she is engaged within the year.

Alice ♠
“Do you really believe, that everything will just fall into place? You fool.”
His intelligence is his virtue, and as many say, his only one. Despite that though, he has been engaged to one of the neighboring estates daughter since before he could speak. Though kind, many say he appears aloof, and above all, air headed and dreamy. Often instead of attending to important papers he wanders around the estate. His father never ceases to express his disappointment in his sons attitude and achievements.

[Others]

Hiram - Theron - Dum

Hiram

“She picked that fool over me. And every time I look at you, I desperately try and picture her. I don’t doubt my instinct, since I am not an imbecile; you are indeed her reincarnation, and things will be as they should have been.”

Hiram detests Arlie more than he enjoys people begging him to let them live. The judge of the Court of Wonderland, he has never said ‘not guilty’ in his time as the judge. Always precariously early to meetings, he feigns for the last Alice’s affections, which she had instead bestowed upon Arlie, making Hiram feel inferior to the coffee addict.

Theron

“Such a beautiful scent you carry. Does that sound weird? It’s not like death like the rest of us though; it’s more like pain. A being like you should be allowed to live; though I doubt he will.”

A boy who, unlike most, feels guilt about death. He’s a wandering soul though, and his stealth skills are some even the most recognized assassins envy. Dum hangs around him, and Theron often appears to dote on him trying to protect him from what may harm; sometimes, which is Theron himself. The higher the death count his creates, the more distant he becomes.

Dum

“You people named Alice’s are always so—what’s the word? Ah, perhaps stately? Words were always Dee’s gift. Have I told you about her yet?”

Young, but perhaps just feigning naivety, Dum often rambles about his sister. Though no one ever expands on what happened to her. Whenever he speaks of her and him together though, he gives it a slightly beauty and the beast-ness to it. Theron is often keeping Dum from what seems like just careless accidents that could result in a tradegy.

Arlie - Valkeri - Reuben

Arlie

“You look like a wench. You walk like whore. You breathe like a bastard. I’d say the only thing you and her had in common is that silly little name you took on. Other than that, you’re useless.”

The self-proclaimed king of tea, despite his preference for coffee. He enjoys luring unsuspecting visitors into his large outside garden where from the tea he serves is laced with many poisons. Many say that his only enjoyments in life since Alice left in inflicting pain on others. He wishes nothing more than to end as many lives as he can.

Valkeri

“Tell me, are you all you Alice’s the same? Desperate it to be right, to be the hero of this story? So much so you are willing to frame innocent people and lie, to get the ending you desire?”

As the son of the late queen of Hearts, he’s desperately trying to return honor to his country. He swears though despite what has been accused of his mother, she was in fact innocent. He takes precautions everywhere, often barely escaping attempts on his life. He dislikes associating with people, being able to see they are either trying to get close enough to kill him or try and receive his fortune.

Reuben

“You want to go home? But if you really did, would you be here in the first place? Either way you have no say; even your choices have already been decided. Just sit back and enjoy the show.”

The peculiar man who lives within the clock tower. He openly admits to not knowing how to repair clocks; only how to keep them running and the little sanity the residents of Wonderland have left. He neither encourages death nor does he discourage it. Whether he likes it or not, Dum and Theron often visit him, usually stressing him with the fear that they may break something.

Please, critique and suggestions on basically ANYTHING are welcome C:
Last edited by Ginger on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:34 am, edited 8 times in total.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: AliceX2 [GxB][BL]

#2 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I'm wondering what types of things you are planning to do to differentiate your story from all the other versions, including the VN ones?

Alice in Wonderland has almost been done to death, so I think it's important to paint your impression of it.

Ginger
Regular

#3 Post by Ginger »

@Aura-Cynaide; I know the story been bled to death, and I will be drawing from different renditions of it I've found. But for this one, it draws on the fact that in the original Lewis Carrol version, Alice leaves. It's been long since Alice has returned home (though much shorter in Wonderland time) and started a family, died, ect.

Part of this has to do with alternate timespaces, something I draw on from it. Both of the MC Alice's exist in different time spaces, but in one way or another they are the same. Also in a sense, the timespace Wonderland exists in need of an Alice. I've decided that time does not pass the same as in Wonderland as it does in the MCs world, so while the MCs are brought to replace the Alice they've lost, what has been dead over a hundred years while only a few have passed in Wonderland. And many aren't happy with the 'new' Alice, still attached to the 'previous' Alice. In short, many are not happy to see the MC.

Falling down the rabbit hole is not the point-- it's the fact that as Alice, you must decide whether to become a 'replacement' to keep Wonderland stable and leave your own life behind. (Of course, nothing is truly that simple)

I-I'm still working on this... I know it is something that I will never be able to make 100% original, so please give me feedback/suggestions ^^ Thank you.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#4 Post by Razz »

Ginger wrote: so while the MCs are brought to replace the Alice they've lost, what has been dead over a hundred years while only a few have passed in Wonderland. And many aren't happy with the 'new' Alice, still attached to the 'previous' Alice. In short, many are not happy to see the MC.
That's actually pretty interesting... i'd question how badly alice in wonderland is necessary for your story though, because renditions of it are a dime a dozen. (if you're familiar with webcomics and smackjeeves you can't click through 10 comics without finding an alice in wonderland one) I'm not saying you should abandon the idea but you'll have to work that much harder to bring something new to the table.

Good luck though, that is an awesome picture btw

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#5 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Your plot is interesting, but I do agree with Razz. Does it have to be an Alice in Wonderland story? From what I can tell there isn't much stopping you from having an original story where someone is dragged from one world to another in order to be a 'replacement' and finding hardship through it. It would give you way more creative control over the story. I'm wondering if maybe you are fighting too hard to keep within a constraint that doesn't need to be there in the first place.

If you do have your heart set on it, then you at least have an interesting starting point. It already brings up a number of questions like 'Why is Alice important?' and 'Why don't people like the new Alice?'.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#6 Post by SilverxBlue »

I'm not usually one who critiques on art because I can't draw a picture to save my life... But the guy Alice... I never had the impression that he's a guy. Every time I stare at him I really can't see any facial features that makes him look like a boy. But I guess that's the whole point since he's very much like the previous Alice.

That aside, I find the whole premise quite intriguing. I want to see how the residents of wonderland (Mainly the obtainables) will show their animosity towards the two MCs, and how it all started, and how they'll slowly warm up to them (If they actually warm up.).

Also, I am with Razz on questioning how badly the whole Alice in Wonderland thing is need in your story. You could have just sticked with the whole Alternate time spaces idea and made a whole new world that doesn't have to be Wonderland.

I wish you the best of luck and I'm sorry if my comments offended you. I tried my best to be not as harsh as possible. ^^;
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Ginger
Regular

#7 Post by Ginger »

For right now, I do think Alice in Wonderland is the theme I will use. Like many people, I am smitten with the idea and creating a whole new world seems slightly out of my league, though before I progress to much further I may think a little more about a different world.... For the reasons why, in Wonderland, a world where most are considered by our standard not quite mentally sane. They don't take in their surroundings are self-destructive, no value on their lives and others(like the red queen, whom until Alice, came destroyed everything). It wasn't until Alice came that they became self-aware (not entirely, but much more than before) of the consequences of their destructive ways. She, who held human life with value, showed them that death is not something to be lightly taken and easily given. Their feelings branched out from themselves, intercepting with others they had merely passed by. In this way they became aware of the world that was truly around them, a world they had been destroying. It was with this new found perspective that they over-threw the Queen, diving into the depths of humanity.

Alice was the one who showed them this, but they are like kids trying to learn something new. One lesson does not suffice, it takes multiple tries to teach them.

(Thanks for the question, me and my friend are discussing these and pulling apart the layers of this....)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#8 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

There isn't any reason you can't take the themes of Alice and Wonderland and place them in your own story. Like you said, investigating the idea of humanity, perspective and society is very interesting. That will always be something universal and something you can put your own spin on. The concept and staging of Alice in Wonderland is what has gotten old, not the themes it presents.

Personal I would be waaaaaaaaaaaay more interested in a story with unique characters and a world that presents your own idea of destruction that carries the same themes of Alice in Wonderland without the outdated dress. That excites me and want to know more. The problem with Alice in Wonderland is we know the story, we know the characters, we know the set up. Unless you do something totally the opposite as a way of juxtaposing the stories, it will not be as interesting as something new.

An interesting thing to look into is the idea of imposing one's culture onto another. In Alice in Wonderland, Alice bring 'Civility' to Wonderland. The way the story is written makes us think that this is good because the citizens were obviously being destructive and babaric. However, that is exactly what nations have done to other nations in the real world, often leading to the destruction of the original culture, if not outright genocide. They rationilsed their own destruction because they thought their way was better. So it's a very interesting subject indeed.

Ginger
Regular

#9 Post by Ginger »

Okay, after a major freakout with my friend, we've decided on an idea that could possible work. We wanted to keep the feeling Alice in Wonderland gave off (stripes, colors, cards, arrogance, ect.) I'll give the quick rundown-- a game a cards. In worlds divided like the suits of cards, our to MCs(tentatively named Charlie for now) are Jokers, not tied down by anything. Peoples importance are based on the card they've inherited, those whom are nothing are cast away like trash. Hierarchies pull the strings, the ace the important trump card that is hidden. Jokers, the unruly factor in the game that the people are constantly are playing.

It's like a game of war almost--the larger suit takes all, until you tie, or you get a joker, which should have been removed from the beginning. Cheaters in this world cause loopholes, connecting the suits. Each suit is a mirror of the other world, but the way the cards are played varies depending who's hand it's in.

Ect, ect, timespaces, wars, unnecessary violence, ect, ect.

Just an idea though.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by try10 »

WOW! The fact that I can choose my gender is really awesome. The art is very nice and even if you say that the idea is not very original I'm positive that the game will be enjoyable. I'm also a great fan of BL games, so I'm very happy that you included this in the game!:D Good luck in finishing it!

Alice PH
Regular

#11 Post by Alice PH »

Omg! I <3 the idea~~~ >_<~~~ Btw is all the Alice in Wonderland character is gonna be inside? :3 Like White Rabbit, Mad Hatter ect? Dont worry if it's not original cuz a lot of ppl also uses the story in games n books XD I just love the story >3 And ur art are great too! Fufufu, i am looking forward to this :D Even if it takes up 2 years XD It would be nice if the game is somewhat like..Joker no kuni no Alice or Heart or Clover :DD Japan vers reverse harem >///<~ it would be awesome! Am i talking too much? Ahahahaha, srry habit :3 I wish u luck on this project!

Ginger
Regular

#12 Post by Ginger »

@Alice PH, try10: Thank you both very much! I almost debated quitting the project, but I decided I had spent far to long thinking about it to let it go. I'm going to try my best to make this very much my own, even if the setting has been used numerous times. I hope you'll continue to support me! (And yeah, the 'original' characters will be there, but with my own twist of them of course(:)

MiSi
Veteran
Completed: Santa
Projects: On Grey Wings, The Master's Call, Shadowborn ...while having many more in mind ;)

#13 Post by MiSi »

I'm really looking forward to this. (Yes, I am one of those, who aren't tired of the Wonderland-setting yet ;) ) And the more you change the characters, the happier I may be. But don't do anything, which you absolutely don't want to do. Even if others told you so. If you have the feeling, something should be this way, then let it be. This adds personality to your game.

Btw: Your shading looks nice, especially the eyes. Although I have to say, that you should try to draw bigger hands. They usually have the size to cover the person's face ;)

Alice PH
Regular

#14 Post by Alice PH »

Ginger wrote:@Alice PH, try10: Thank you both very much! I almost debated quitting the project, but I decided I had spent far to long thinking about it to let it go. I'm going to try my best to make this very much my own, even if the setting has been used numerous times. I hope you'll continue to support me! (And yeah, the 'original' characters will be there, but with my own twist of them of course(:)
Yay~ :3 I'm glad that you would continue to do this project n of cuz i will be supporting >3 I gonna stay watch on this project XD Be prepared :P If there is one thing i wont be tired of, that would be the game/story/movie Alice in Wonderland :D That's why my username has Alice in it >_<~ Good luck <3~
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

Ginger
Regular

#15 Post by Ginger »

@MiSi; Thanks so much! Hands are definitely my down fall, but thanks for the tip! That will definitely help me when I start working more on the finalize art. (Right now in all the sketches the hands are just.... BLOBS ;A;)

@Alice P; I had the peculiar feeling after glancing at your user name that you liked Alice.

Working on tons-and-tons of sketches for the games. Expect some art/character updates soon, once I get some more time!