Gamelicious! [GxB] [Rom-Com]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
selenity136
Regular

Re: Gamelicious! [GxB] [Rom-Com]

#61 Post by selenity136 »

azureXtwilight wrote:Yes there will be, my fingers is crossed. Ratana is quite a snarker. XD
Wow, Ratana is going to be the one doing the snarking? That would definitely be interesting to see her interactions with the guys then! :D

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#62 Post by Nellie »

ShadowBerry wrote:FERGAL wuhuuu!!!
*hugs the colored CG*

And I was also worried already Nellie, where u were and such Q_Q
God, to bad you lost it.
Next time save everything you have either on internet or an extern thingie xD

*still luvs the CG*

Well I wanna be a beta tester so bad...1. because I love the game *Fergal addict* and 2. because I don't have money to be able to buy the actual game T____T
I managed to retrieve some stuff, thanks to the PC shop (though it cost a bit of money, but it's worth it) xD
Thanks for your concern~

Sure, I'll sure save you a spot for beta-testing... Just be warned there might be bugs stopping you from fully enjoying the game >_<

azureXtwilight wrote:Yo, writer here. I'm hoping that you will play this game and buy it when it's done! I shall do my best to make you wanting to play the story over and over again~ :3
Please do buy the game! Azure's writing made the characters much cuter and rom-com enjoyable. I was blushing and laughing reading what I already knew would happen! Best writer I could hope for! *wink*
ngareci wrote:What an interesting VN! I always love romantic-comedy genre! XD
And the art is also cute!
You bring some national diversion here, its so interesting!
Good luck on your progress!
Thanks!
Although I try to include as much international culture as possible, I'm afraid I just don't know enough about Korea and German. I did extensive research on Thailand though, so there will be some mentions of Thai culture =3 (Happy to take on board culture adviser~ )
selenity136 wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:Yes there will be, my fingers is crossed. Ratana is quite a snarker. XD
Wow, Ratana is going to be the one doing the snarking? That would definitely be interesting to see her interactions with the guys then! :D
Her interaction with the snark king Fergal should be of the most interest to you then =3 (In a comparison I'm not sure how many ppl would understand...) Think of it as Kagura meets Gintoki when they are trying to piss each other off xD

Just to keep the thread alive, I'll post some WIPs every once in a while~

Ratana's work uniform~
maid ratana.png
Ratana being pissed off at Young Jae's n00b-ish playing
YJ and R chibi event flats.jpg
Viktor saving Ratana from some street muggers
Viktor - Flag 01a - Grabbing Ratana - in progress.jpg
Feedbacks appreciated~ :)

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#63 Post by ShadowBerry »

yaaay *-*
N aaah I don't mind.
If it helps you to improve the game I would love to encounter any bug there is xDD
*nod*

Awww I love the Young Jae and Ratana CG...he looks so adoreable there >///<
Own project:

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#64 Post by ShadowBerry »

Uhhh when did you add a new character?
*didnt see him at all* Q_Q
Fergals lil brother? o:
*hugs*

Ohhh and you even gave Fergal my favourite Element Q___Q
*luuv*
Own project:

Arcanum
Veteran

#65 Post by Arcanum »

The CGs looks beautiful! I'll be with my fingers crossed for this project. Definitely will buy it when it comes out ^0^

selenity136
Regular

#66 Post by selenity136 »

Snark Queen versus Snark King? A battle of snarks? =O I'm already drooling over that.

Did I already offer my services in beta-testing? I'm definitely big on Otome...though, a bit weak on RTS.

This might be a stupid question, but do you have to win at the game tournaments in order to continue on the story/route? Or you just have to play it in order to move the plot along?

Nellie
Veteran

#67 Post by Nellie »

ShadowBerry wrote:yaaay *-*
N aaah I don't mind.
If it helps you to improve the game I would love to encounter any bug there is xDD
*nod*

Awww I love the Young Jae and Ratana CG...he looks so adoreable there >///<
I hope for the sake of everyone's sanity that there won't be too many bugs xD
ShadowBerry wrote:Uhhh when did you add a new character?
*didnt see him at all* Q_Q
Fergals lil brother? o:
*hugs*

Ohhh and you even gave Fergal my favourite Element Q___Q
*luuv*
Just added - he was supposed to be secret character, but he's too cute not be be announce ;) Of all the guys, I like his expressions (and the process of making his sprite) best - because he's expressionless LOL

Fergal's water because of his personality xD
Arcanum wrote:The CGs looks beautiful! I'll be with my fingers crossed for this project. Definitely will buy it when it comes out ^0^
*hugs* THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)
selenity136 wrote:Snark Queen versus Snark King? A battle of snarks? =O I'm already drooling over that.

Did I already offer my services in beta-testing? I'm definitely big on Otome...though, a bit weak on RTS.

This might be a stupid question, but do you have to win at the game tournaments in order to continue on the story/route? Or you just have to play it in order to move the plot along?
Aww thanks! :) I'll put you down - think we have just about enough beta testers (from the otome side) now! Yay :)

As for the EKO, you can skip it of course, but that's half the fun of the game ;) (And there are in-game exclusive events/CGs) But you do not need to play/excel it to get the best ends with the guys (cheat code required lol).

Okay, more updates~
textbox final.jpg
Mock-up textbox screen... Any feedbacks? xD

Also, CG WIP preview~ (although I guess you can't really see anything... But aren't those lil mobs cute? Hehe)
preview1.jpg

selenity136
Regular

#68 Post by selenity136 »

Hmm...I feel like the textbox screen is 'too' part of the background. Though if that is your intention, then you have succeeded. For the person screen on the left, is that exactly how you'll put the main character in? Because I feel like the textbook is bigger than the character.

On the bottom right where the shortcuts are, what's the mic icon? Is it suppose to represent the sound? IMO, I think you might have a bit too many options there since it look cluster.

Nellie
Veteran

#69 Post by Nellie »

selenity136 wrote:Hmm...I feel like the textbox screen is 'too' part of the background. Though if that is your intention, then you have succeeded. For the person screen on the left, is that exactly how you'll put the main character in? Because I feel like the textbook is bigger than the character.

On the bottom right where the shortcuts are, what's the mic icon? Is it suppose to represent the sound? IMO, I think you might have a bit too many options there since it look cluster.
Yea, I don't really intend to have fancy/shiny GUI that stands out too much. I want something that integrate it more xD Learnt a lesson from Spiral Destiny ;)

I have not have a fixed size of the MC side sprite yet - but would need to test around. But at the very least, it won't be a half body (more to chest up xD)

Mic = voice acting xD

You are probably right about the icons. I'll try to see if I can make it less clustered :)

Thanks so much for the feedbacks! :)

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#70 Post by Arowana »

I still can't get over how cute the little creatures are. I want a plushie of the mushroom guy haha.

I think the textbox is quite pretty. Perhaps check how it looks on differently colored backgrounds, since the color could appear different depending on what's behind it. I do agree that the side sprite could be bigger, maybe cutting off at elbow-height or higher?

I think you could also make the textbox a little wider on both sides, to reduce the empty left and right margins. That would also allow you to space out the icons a bit more. Do you have the icons' names showing up on hover? If not, I think that could be useful to keep track of what's what. :)

Out of curiosity, what are the little arrows next to the namebox? Rollback and forward?
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Nellie
Veteran

#71 Post by Nellie »

Arowana wrote:I still can't get over how cute the little creatures are. I want a plushie of the mushroom guy haha.

I think the textbox is quite pretty. Perhaps check how it looks on differently colored backgrounds, since the color could appear different depending on what's behind it. I do agree that the side sprite could be bigger, maybe cutting off at elbow-height or higher?

I think you could also make the textbox a little wider on both sides, to reduce the empty left and right margins. That would also allow you to space out the icons a bit more. Do you have the icons' names showing up on hover? If not, I think that could be useful to keep track of what's what. :)

Out of curiosity, what are the little arrows next to the namebox? Rollback and forward?
If I ever sew/commission a plushie of those mobs, I'll keep one for you ;)

I'll need to check with my coder if she can have the icon name popping up on hover >_<

Lol, remind me to get rid of those arrows... it was either that or those arrows in the bottom icons, still choosing among them =P

Tested on a different background =9
GUI.jpg

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#72 Post by ShadowBerry »

I love Water and yeah you're right it fits Fergal perfectly xDD
And the jellyfish is adoreable xDD
Yeah I saw that on the main page, but somehow I like that. Between all the different characters I think it will be something new to have somebody who...well...is expressionless..xD
But true, he is so cute!

Oh and I totally like the Textbox. I prefer having a lot of shortcuts in the corner, for example when I want to save or just put the volume lower, skip of whatever.
I do
selenity136 wrote:On the bottom right where the shortcuts are, what's the mic icon? Is it suppose to represent the sound? IMO, I think you might have a bit too many options there since it look cluster.
Oh and I totally like the Textbox. I prefer having a lot of shortcuts in the corner, for example when I want to save or just put the volume lower, skip of whatever.
I don't think its to much at all o:

But I must admit that the font you use in the last updated screen is to big (in my opinion)
And also, please don't use to fancy fonts because you might not be able to read it afterwards xD
Own project:

Arcanum
Veteran

#73 Post by Arcanum »

I think the textbox is a bit cluttered. Not the icon part, but the text part itself. The curly lines don't have any function besides being there, and if you're going for a design that integrates with the background, I think cleaner is better >0>

Nellie
Veteran

#74 Post by Nellie »

ShadowBerry wrote:I love Water and yeah you're right it fits Fergal perfectly xDD
And the jellyfish is adoreable xDD
Yeah I saw that on the main page, but somehow I like that. Between all the different characters I think it will be something new to have somebody who...well...is expressionless..xD
But true, he is so cute!

I do
selenity136 wrote:On the bottom right where the shortcuts are, what's the mic icon? Is it suppose to represent the sound? IMO, I think you might have a bit too many options there since it look cluster.
I don't think its to much at all o:

But I must admit that the font you use in the last updated screen is to big (in my opinion)
And also, please don't use to fancy fonts because you might not be able to read it afterwards xD
I will try to play around once the sprites are ready. Always a challenge to get the best font type, size and colour for the textbox! I'll also be playing a couple of VNs and see what are the useful options to be easily available =3

Of course Fergus is cute... He was supposed to be a secret character, but I decided to announce his existence to the world lol.
Arcanum wrote:I think the textbox is a bit cluttered. Not the icon part, but the text part itself. The curly lines don't have any function besides being there, and if you're going for a design that integrates with the background, I think cleaner is better >0>
Thanks for that input~ I'll see what I can do with that. Argh, why is it so hard to make a great GUI when everyone seems to be able to make them easily? T_T *sob* Resigning from my role as the graphic designer... Haha xD

Anyway, here's the 'screenshot' for today... Homu Ratana! =3
homu ratana.png

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#75 Post by ShadowBerry »

Lol...but he does look quite young, don't you think Nellie?
When I looked at the age you give him I was like "....oookay o_o"
Maybe it's jsut because of the picture~ :/
Own project: