Job: Lead Technical Designer

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
AudryT

Job: Lead Technical Designer

#1 Post by AudryT »

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/sof/222053302.html

My company has posted a position for a game programmer/designer (see link above). The description is vague, but I thought I'd let you guys/gals know that we're going to be making dating sims. I figured this would be an excellent place to find folks interested in doing just that. 8)

Make sure you read the description carefully. You'll need to know Flash pretty well to stand a chance at getting the job.

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#2 Post by dizzcity »

... While I think it's a commendable effort to advertise here (though in the wrong forum... offhand, I'd say this goes into General Discussion or Guestbook, or Game Makers' Corner), I seriously doubt that many people here are qualified for everything on that list. Even just the basic requirements might be difficult. (Expertise in C/C++, Java AND professional Flash Actionscripting? Bit ambitious for amateurs, that. ^_^)We've got the interests, but not the skills. The people over at GameDev might be a better fit for your search. :) But meh, who knows? Maybe one of our programmers here fits the bill.

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

AudryT

#3 Post by AudryT »

dizzcity wrote:... While I think it's a commendable effort to advertise here (though in the wrong forum... offhand, I'd say this goes into General Discussion or Guestbook, or Game Makers' Corner), I seriously doubt that many people here are qualified for everything on that list. Even just the basic requirements might be difficult. (Expertise in C/C++, Java AND professional Flash Actionscripting? Bit ambitious for amateurs, that. ^_^)We've got the interests, but not the skills.
The most crucial skill this job requires is experience with Flash. We need someone who can also look at game design from a knowledgeable programmer's p.o.v. so we want them to have experience with either Java or C++, as well. But the game itself will be created in Flash.