Senior Year Development Thread

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#121 Post by Mirielle »

Hmm...well.

I can see if I know anyone wlling to do this, although it's very tough, most people are on a holiday hiatus.

Or, I could see if I can make my voice different enough to voice Julie as well! ^_^;; Which I don't think is such a great idea...Because I can only do one type of southern accent.

Unless I used standard American?

Uh, you've got quite the dilemma.
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#122 Post by EwanG »

Mirielle,
Thanks for the offer, but you've already done your part for the story, and I'd hate to impose further. Besides, I'm still looking forward to seeing YOUR game, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for delaying that.

I'm not going to make a decision tonight - it's been a rough past two days at work as well, and I don't want to make a decision before the deadline for new auditions is up. But if there's no news by tomorrow night then I suspect I'm going to have to give options 2 and 3 some very serious thought.

FWIW,
Ewan

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#123 Post by monele »

Please, no butchering the story :(... Either wait, or leave her without voices if you *really* need to release the game, but don't remove a character just because she's voiceless ô_o

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#124 Post by DaFool »

EwanG wrote: Of course, all of this emphasizes why this is something you should do if you can pay folks rather than ask for volunteers. While the other four actresses have done a very professional job in a fairly short time, I can't blame the other lady for putting her personal life in front of getting my story done. That is certainly something I'm going to have to give a hard think about for doing "Camp Handiba".
An alternative strategy is to have limited voice-acting, where the only lines that are voiced are the most emotional ones, i.e. the ones that make perfect centered text.

An example of this sort of thing is the very first utterance by Setsumi-chan in Narcissu, after which cue melancholy music or whatever.

Jake
Support Hero

#125 Post by Jake »

For what it's worth, I'm in favour of the 'just wait' approach - if nothing else, going through the testing, Julie was easily my favourite character out of the lot of 'em. ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#126 Post by PyTom »

Worse comes to worse, you could make her path unlock when the others are completed... perhaps with a message that explains what happens. I'm very much against removing content, however.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Azure
Regular

#127 Post by Azure »

Well I'll give it a shot If I have to I wouldn't want you to loose content I just wanted to avoid taking on any more work right now. That said I don't mind prosponing " that other project" so this gets done.

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#128 Post by EwanG »

Azure wrote:Well I'll give it a shot If I have to.
Better idea. Surely you have some friends who owe you a favor. Get one of them to do it :D

Seriously, I appreciate the offer, but it's hardly fair for you to have to work more because someone else dropped the ball. I'll keep looking to see if I can't find someone, and if it gets to the point where I can't stand waiting any more, then I'll have to see how creative I get...

Thanks,
Ewan

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#129 Post by EwanG »

OK, having spent every available break emailing folks to try and drum up some interest, I have my first "possible" response. So I have some reason to think things may yet happen. If that works out, I'd get the lines by COB on Friday, and would have the weekend to put it all together.

That means I have a couple days where I still can't do too much on this, so I'm going to try and channel some of the crazy into my next story. Thread for which will be getting created next :D

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#130 Post by musical74 »

I'm in agreement with monele here...no butchering the story. It's FAR better to wait a bit than cut out a character. If you absolutely have to, cut out the VOICE - but leave the character alone...
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.