The Star Complex[GxB, idol, fantasy, comedy, otome]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
FadingBrighter
Projects: The Star Complex

The Star Complex[GxB, idol, fantasy, comedy, otome]

#1 Post by FadingBrighter »

Hello! I am as new as they come to making games, but I hope I can accomplish this feat! So please, forgive my newbie-ness, and give me as much advice as possible! I appreciate every comment, so thank you ahead of time!

So first off, The Story:
Shiga Yumiko was your average college student, that is, until a year ago when her mother died in an accident. Thankfully, she was able to become the guardian of her younger brother Kayo, but Yumiko must work day and night to support both her younger brother and herself.
And then, one afternoon, everything changes.
Yumiko dies, and her soul is taken to the Shinigami headquarters, where she discovers that she wasn't meant to die in the first place! Thankfully, her soul will be returned, and her body fixed. However, because of the mistake, Yumiko is offered a single wish.
And she chooses to become the lyricist for her favorite band- the Midnight Guardians.
Tossed into the world of stars, spotlights, and infinite bishies, Yumiko must make choices to follow the path of her wish and maybe even steal a few hearts in the process=)

P.S- this game is rated 15+ because of language, do not read if your against cursing!

Characters:
(I've finished sketching, I just haven't gotten a chance to scan them yet, so when I do, I'll post them!)

Shiga Yumiko
Height:5'8
Hair color:Brown
Eye color:brown
Blood type:B

Yumiko is, in a word, vivacious. She is quick to anger, quick to cry, and quick to laugh. She is easily trusting, kind, and earnest. Because of her hard lifestyle, she's grown strong, both in heart and in mind, and once she sets her head to something, it'll take the entirety of heaven's choir to turn her around.

Eligible Bachelors:

Akahiko Toya
Height:6'2
Hair color:silver/chin length
eye color:green
Blood type:B

Funny, generous, strong. These are the words that define Toya. He's an old friend of Yumiko's, and enjoys taunting and making fun of her. Even so, he genuinely cares for her, and his feelings for Yuiko often get him into a number of bad situations.. Despite his easy going attitude can be easily hurt.

Hisoka Jun
Height:6'0
Hair color:black/long
Eye color:violet
Blood Type:O

Japan's number one idol! He's drop dead gorgeous, the perfect 'knight and shining armor'-at least, on camera he is. In reality, Jun is cold, unresponsive, and a bit of a snob. He is outright cruel to Yumiko, showing his dislike from the very beginning, and this leads to a 'war of words' between the two throughout the story where they are constantly trying to get the one-up on each other. Jun possess no dark past, no reason behind his bad attitude other than, well, he's just always been that way. Yumiko often calls him the PA (prince of assholes). He calls her the ugly duckling.

Star Kasumi
Height:5'9
Hair color:brown/short
Eye color:blue/glasses
Blood Type:A

Kasumi became the president of the famed star management company Northern Star after his father became ill. He's stubborn and smart, an extremely talented individual. After he became the head, the company began to flourish. He's a nice guy all around, but, if you betray his trust, he's quite the formidable foe.

Sayuri Aki
Height:5'9
Hair color:blonde/long
Eye color:silver
Blood Type:AB

Shinigami extrodinaire. Aki is the mysterious president of the Japanese Shinigami headquarters. He's playful and childish at times, but dead serious at others. He's one of those people who never shows what they're thinking. Yumiko takes an immediate liking to him, but is often confused by the 'evil Aki' that comes out at times.

Other:

Shiga Kayo
Yumiko's younger brother. He is in his last year in Junior high, but looks young for his age. His girlish features and attitude make him quite popular with the girls, and as a result he has a lot of fans- much to his distaste.

Yamamoto Hana
a famous actor who becomes Yumiko's friend. She is known for her western beauty, and freckles!

Luce
A young Shinigami in training who is assigne to watch over Yumiko after she is returned to her body. She is cute and girlish-her love of the color pink and frilly clothing is unsurpassed- but posseses an odd phobia of rabbits? Despite her cute appearence, she has a dark personality, and is known as the 'demon princess' by Yumiko.

Fea
Luce's partner, Fea also appears to be a cute, normal boy. However, he is actually rather cold and mature, much to Yumiko's horror. He is one of the most mysterious chareters in the story, and, along with Luce, has a questionable motive.

Igarashi Karu*
Height:5'8
Hair color:fawn
Eye color:brown
Blood type:A

Karu is Jun's manager, and becomes a caretaker of sorts to Yumiko(mainly because Jun is a jerk and refuses to help her whatsoever). Strangely enough, despite his careing exterior, he's the only one who can handle Jun.He's soft and kind, like a big cuddly teddy bear, and completely normal. Perhaps...

*Not sure whether to make him an obtainable character....

And many, many others!

**Because of the large number of characters, I'm thinking of not giving all of them sprites. There are a lot of side characters as well, some playing important parts and some not. As a result, I have to create sprites for a few of the minor characters as well. So, to make sure the screen isn't so crowded, i'm being careful on how many characters get sprites.

Progress:
Script-about 30%
-648 screens of dialogue
-over 9,000 words
-8 menus
Sprites-50%
CG's-0%
Music-0%*if anyone wants to help with this, that would be great=)

*I also need help with coloring. I'm not exactly sure how, so if you can direct me or are willing to help, that would be fantastic!

Alright! Now that that's over, tell me what you think!
Last edited by FadingBrighter on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gumm_p0p

Re: The Star Complex[GxB, idol, fantasy, comedy, otome]

#2 Post by Gumm_p0p »

Oh! This is quite a new change of pace...I think, but I loved it, especially Toya, and of course Aki. I love mysterious guy Sadly I can only support on the sideline. Beside it's an otome game so I would assume that it would be based on mainly girl getting the guys since the only obstacle in the plot maybe being the best as what she is? Nonetheless I would definitively play this game :mrgreen: . Well enough of me blabbing on Good Luck :D

FadingBrighter

#3 Post by FadingBrighter »

Thanks! Actually, I'm really trying to mix the story up by adding a lot of options that have nothing to do with obtaining a guy=) But your right, the plot is mainly focusing on Yumiko trying to be the best she can be.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#4 Post by Sapphi »

I guess I have a soft spot for magical idol stories because I enjoy Creamy Mami, Full Moon, etc., so I think it would be fun to play as an idol and wreak havoc in the music industry. But I feel like there is a problem with the set-up.

If Yumiko's family is going through troubled times, her mother is in the hospital etc, it seems incredibly selfish (and unrealistic, given how hard she works) that she would choose "Become a famous singer" over "Make my mother well". I'm sure there are ways to pull this off ("I know it's selfish, but it's always been my dream..." then have her guilt-tripping about it for the rest of the game, or "If I become a big star, we can pay for mother's operation!", although then you have to question why she didn't just wish for money in the first place) but I'm thinking you will have to work so that Yumiko does not seem selfish and unlikeable.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

FadingBrighter

#5 Post by FadingBrighter »

Sapphi wrote:If Yumiko's family is going through troubled times, her mother is in the hospital etc, it seems incredibly selfish (and unrealistic, given how hard she works) that she would choose "Become a famous singer" over "Make my mother well".
Wow, I feel like an idiot because I didn't even think of that! :shock: Ah well, I will find a way!!! Thanks for pointing that out, Sapphi=)

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Sapphi »

FadingBrighter wrote: Wow, I feel like an idiot because I didn't even think of that! :shock: Ah well, I will find a way!!! Thanks for pointing that out, Sapphi=)
Don't worry, I overlook obvious stuff like that in my stories too, lol.
Trying to find and fill all the plot holes by yourself is mentally exhausting!
— William Faulkner

FadingBrighter

#7 Post by FadingBrighter »

Okay, I've edited it so that, rather than being in the hospital, their mother is dead(which actually fits what I've written so far better) and Yumiko is her younger brother's legal guardian! Thanks again Sapphi!

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Sapphi »

You're welcome... I think... I'm not quite sure how to take the news that I am inadvertently killing off other people's characters, lol.

A year is a pretty short time, so be sure not to forget to give our lovely heroine the proper emotional baggage :mrgreen: And maybe the sudden and untimely death of her mother had some influence in her pursuit of a musical career? I dunno, just thinking out loud.
— William Faulkner

FadingBrighter

#9 Post by FadingBrighter »

Haha, yes, I'll make sure to.

fallenangel198

#10 Post by fallenangel198 »

sounds really cool i will be keeping an eye on this for more info on the game good luck
my deveint art account http://fallenangel198.deviantart.com/ and hii everyone

keke-chan

#11 Post by keke-chan »

I love stories about music and singers and all that :D Looking forward to this!

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#12 Post by ShadowBerry »

O_O
I reaaaaaaaaally like this so far (Story and such)
It sounds a little like korean drama '49 days' (with the shinigami thingies) and that one manga where she becomes the lyricist of that one band...Akuma something xD

I instantly fell for Jun, I've always been into 'Love-Hate'-relationships xD

Oh and about Aki:
Shinigami extrodinaire. Aki is the mysterious president of the Japanese Shinigami headquarters.
He's playful and childish at times, but dead serious at others.
I don't know why and it's lame but when I read 'Shinigami' and 'dead serious about others' I just couldnt hold the big grin back...like..LOL xD
Own project:

FadingBrighter

#13 Post by FadingBrighter »

@fallenangel198: Thank you!
@keke-chan:I really wanted to create a game(because there are so few in english) with lots of options and this idea has been bugging me for awhile :lol:. I totally agree, we need more star games! After all, every girl dreams of going out with an idol!
@ShadowBerry: I'm so glad someone got that joke. It totally fits Aki's personality so I just couldn't help it!

Katty16
Regular

#14 Post by Katty16 »

This look so great, like the story and can't wait to see the characters
Good luck XD

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#15 Post by ShadowBerry »

haha I love people with sarcastic humor! xD