Secret Ingredient [VN][BL/Yaoi]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
RVB
Regular
Organization: Brat Prince Productions
Deviantart: aambrosio

Secret Ingredient [VN][BL/Yaoi]

#1 Post by RVB »

SECRET INGREDIENT
-WIP-
James, our Lead Character
James, our Lead Character
So what is Secret Ingredient?
Secret Ingredient is a WIP Visual Novel for lovers of BL. Current plans are in the teen rating, as I'm not planning anything really explicit, but it will be racy, certainly. This can change though. At the moment, its just an idea!

The story stars James (see sketch above), a world-renowned pastry chef prodigy. His cooking is rumored to have special healing powers that can cure all ailments, even heartbreak. Due to this, he is hired by rich, eccentric clients to create amazing culinary feats in effort to harvest those properties for themselves. The story follows James as he touches the lives of several different clientele; the player's goal is to please his clients and make sure his baking comes out perfectly for them. This is achieved by getting close to the NPCs before his culinary projects are done!

What platform are you using?
Novelty; I'm not a coder, certainly. Ren'py is also an option, and it seems like it just... can DO more, you know?

Tell me about the Characters?
James is the main character. He is in his early twenties; a pastry chef whom is renowned for the magical healing properties in his baked goods (or so the rumor goes). James believes there is a Secret Ingredient he is unaware of in his cooking; the same one his mother used when she baked. due to this, he is on a mission to find out what the Secret Ingredient is, using his clients to help. He gets the greatest happiness when people enjoy his cooking.

The NPCs (love interests), are still being worked on. Here is what we have so far:

Eclair is a French socialite; he is highly opinionated, loves to stick his nose where it doesn't belong, and in lesser words... a bit of a twat. He is very refined and loves to show off his wealth. He has hired James in order to bake a cake for his twentieth birthday party--but there's more to it than that.

Mithai is an Indian prince; he is handsome, exotic, noble, and strong. He is a lover of sweets, and is somewhat promiscuous, though he takes leading his country very seriously, despite his seemingly lackadaisical nature. He has hired James as his personal patisserie for a week, but for what reason?

Anything else?
I'm sloooowly piecing this project together. The ideas come and I attempt to write things down. Anyway, this project seems fun, so I'm ready to work! I will of course, update on this when I can, and I'll also link when I'm a big girl and I've finally moved on to doing some REAL WORK ON IT. You know, in the actual platform.

Any comments/questions/etc are appreciated! ♥
Last edited by RVB on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

Re: Secret Ingredient [VN][BL/Yaoi]

#2 Post by Sapphi »

RVB wrote: The story stars James (see sketch above), a world-renowned pastry chef prodigy. His cooking is rumored to have special healing powers that can cure all ailments, even heartbreak.
Hmm... I think this seems like a light and fun game, but I can't help thinking he would have an awful lot of cancer patients, paralyzed patients, mentally ill patients beating down his door for a chance to get a pastry... which would result in certain... complications... which now that I think about it would certainly make for a fascinating and compelling story... but is that the route you're going with this? It could be a very "Galaxy Express 999" type of setup although where Yaoi would fit in there is anyone's guess.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#3 Post by Obscura »

So happy to see a BL. Your game looks adorable.

So sad Novelty doesn't run for Macs! Not sure if I'll be able to play it. :cry:
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

RVB
Regular

#4 Post by RVB »

Sapphi wrote: Hmm... I think this seems like a light and fun game, but I can't help thinking he would have an awful lot of cancer patients, paralyzed patients, mentally ill patients beating down his door for a chance to get a pastry... which would result in certain... complications... which now that I think about it would certainly make for a fascinating and compelling story... but is that the route you're going with this? It could be a very "Galaxy Express 999" type of setup although where Yaoi would fit in there is anyone's guess.
Well, its more a BL than a Yaoi; since Yaoi implies very explicit sex scenes... and of course, all his clientele will be handsome/beautiful/whatever men whom are looking for a cure for their problem/ailment in his cooking. However, its the Secret Ingredient that ultimately "cures them" every time, even though the protagonist has no clue what it is. And through the clients, James comes to learn exactly what cures them so everyone is happy! Saying anymore would ruin the plot, hahaha.

But yes! Patients and things will certainly be in the story; it adds for a nice, dramatic element to it, since James' life is rather plain in comparison to the people he meets.
Obscura wrote:So happy to see a BL. Your game looks adorable.

So sad Novelty doesn't run for Macs! Not sure if I'll be able to play it. :cry:
Oh nooooo! That's horrible! I would totally use Ren'py if I knew how. ;A; I know the program doesn't run on Macs, but neither does the finished product?

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

RVB wrote:Mithai is an Indian prince; he is handsome, exotic, noble, and strong. He is a lover of sweets, and is somewhat promiscuous, though he takes leading his country very seriously, despite his seemingly lackadaisical nature. He has hired James as his personal patisserie for a week, but for what reason?
Thanks for being willing to include characters from central Asia. Having said that, I don't know as much as I should about India, and whether anyone living in the nation today has a royal title...

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

#6 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

gekiganwing wrote:
RVB wrote:Mithai is an Indian prince; he is handsome, exotic, noble, and strong. He is a lover of sweets, and is somewhat promiscuous, though he takes leading his country very seriously, despite his seemingly lackadaisical nature. He has hired James as his personal patisserie for a week, but for what reason?
Thanks for being willing to include characters from central Asia. Having said that, I don't know as much as I should about India, and whether anyone living in the nation today has a royal title...
Last time I checked, pretty sure India is now a multiparty democracy. That, and the last times the Indians had kings, it kinda [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maratha_Empire]sorta[/url] didn't end very well. Pretty sure modern-day Indians won't really welcome the notion of a monarch, even a constitutional one.

Yet at the same time the same can be said of other big names such as the Bourbons or the Hohenzollerns. Doesn't stop people from idolize and idealize them, now did they?
One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

RVB
Regular

#7 Post by RVB »

I'm aware there's no royal family in India, but the game is set in 'Fantastic Earth', not our particular one. So I figured it probably doesn't matter, and besides! I like the thought of an Indian Prince! Its romantic!

AriannaSterling
Projects: Elegy

#8 Post by AriannaSterling »

I will definitely play this when that's a viable option! James looks adorable :D