TerraBrand-BL VN w/renpy-development/demo

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#16 Post by EwanG »

If you're looking to cast for voices, be sure to visit the Voice Acting Alliance site at:
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/index.php

That's where I found my actresses for Senior Year. There are a lot of folks there, and you'll probably have no trouble getting enough help from this forum and that one.

FWIW,
Ewan

wulfmune
Regular

#17 Post by wulfmune »

Thanks so much for the link! I had not thought of something like this at all. I will definitely check it out.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#18 Post by Watercolorheart »

^They helped me find Mizura, my VA for Yukina. :D

Also, I may be interested too ... I'm about twenty years old and female and I live in the South, and I have a youngish voice. Which character would I fit best with?

Also, I want to see Monele as Reever ... mmm French bunny ...
I'm not even the same person anymore

mms

#19 Post by mms »

Wow, this looks really nice! I love the backgrounds^^
But, there's something that makes me wonder, about those characters... why do they have 'normal' faces, and body, but furry hands and feet? Oo;

wulfmune
Regular

#20 Post by wulfmune »

mms wrote:Wow, this looks really nice! I love the backgrounds^^
But, there's something that makes me wonder, about those characters... why do they have 'normal' faces, and body, but furry hands and feet? Oo;
I've always pretty much drawn anime style people, since I started. I like furry characters as well, so I like to draw things like paws, tails, ears, ect... but I'm used to drawing their faces this way. I never really thought about it.

Also sorry I tend to draw my young guys, (especially very cartoony ones like this) girly looking. As one of my teachers explained, "I think I figured it out. If it doesn't have large visible breasts, it's a boy/male."

mms

#21 Post by mms »

wulfmune wrote:
mms wrote:Wow, this looks really nice! I love the backgrounds^^
I've always pretty much drawn anime style people, since I started. I like furry characters as well, so I like to draw things like paws, tails, ears, ect... but I'm used to drawing their faces this way. I never really thought about it.

Also sorry I tend to draw my young guys, (especially very cartoony ones like this) girly looking. As one of my teachers explained, "I think I figured it out. If it doesn't have large visible breasts, it's a boy/male."
I think they look really cute^^ And its clearly visible from the charadesign, that the only female there is 'Mother' :D

I can't wait to play your game^^

chisa-chan
Regular

#22 Post by chisa-chan »

Wooowww, I really like the artworks! They're all cute! :D :D

I'll wait for this game gets completed! Good luck, I'll always support this!
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

chisa-chan
Regular

#23 Post by chisa-chan »

Wooowww, I really like the artworks! They're all cute! :D :D

I'll wait for this game gets completed! Good luck, I'll always support this!
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#24 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Wow! Your art is VERY good! I love all of the character designs, and the amount of screenshots that you've included have persuaded me to definitely keep up with this. :D

I'm so glad to see someone with your talent taking an interest in making a game. Eeks, did that sound suck-upy? Sorry. XD What I meant to say is, once this game comes out, I'll download it. BxB love isn't really my thing, but just because of your outstanding artwork and effort, I will download myself a copy! ^.^

Good luck! Keep on trucking!

wulfmune
Regular

#25 Post by wulfmune »

i completed another chapter. here's some screenies.

I'm thinkings about releasing a sample version of the game after my next wave of edits come back.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by monele »

On the lower left picture : "familair" should be "familiar" ? *not sure he's read it right*.
Otherwise, still as stunning as before ^.^. Very artsy :D

wulfmune
Regular

#27 Post by wulfmune »

monele wrote:On the lower left picture : "familair" should be "familiar" ? *not sure he's read it right*.
Otherwise, still as stunning as before ^.^. Very artsy :D
Aaah yeah i still have to go back and do more proof reading. i make a lot of typos ): ty

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#28 Post by PyTom »

One question I'm curious about: How many of these pictures are single, full-screen, event CGs, and how many of them are character art over a background picture. In the latest round of pictures, it seems like 2/3 are event CGs.

wulfmune
Regular

#29 Post by wulfmune »

PyTom wrote:One question I'm curious about: How many of these pictures are single, full-screen, event CGs, and how many of them are character art over a background picture. In the latest round of pictures, it seems like 2/3 are event CGs.
Yep. I get bored with seeing just backgrounds + recycled character art so I try to break it up in appropriate spots with full screen illustrations. some of the event CGs are unlocked through choices, but there are several that are just a part of every story path, i threw in to break up long scenes.

checking my archive files real quick, i have about 50 jpegs and 70 pngs so far.

actual game play is still heavier on the scene+show character type formula. probably 2/3 of the game.

many of my images are recycled elements that I tweaked for day to night transitions, and expressions but i'd say it's still got a good variety of artwork to hopefully help carry my story in visually appealing way.

trying to provide a variety of artwork while still managing my time, is the main reason I choose a very simple 1 shade style coloring and quick airbrush style colored backrounds :/ i like drawing line art over coloring anyway.

wulfmune
Regular

#30 Post by wulfmune »

uploaded demo mac version and another pc version at a different spammy free site, since people were having problems with filefactory. X_x

pc1- http://www.filefactory.com/file/5e628f/
pc2- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QCQNRSYM
mac- http://www.filefactory.com/file/02adc1/

i've been working on it for about a month now so i'm taking a lil break to do some other work. ^^;;;