Lemma Soft Forums

Supporting creators of visual novels and story-based games since 2003.

Visit our new games list, blog aggregator, IRC channel, and Discord (new).
Activation problem? Email pytom@bishoujo.us.
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:11 am 
Eileen-Class Veteran

Completed: Death Rule:lost code, ORION (Logo and GUI)
Projects: Aeternam Conquest: Judgment, Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Twitter: @Echelon_EK
Tumblr: mesigames
Deviantart: ExecutorHijiri
The dream of peace is dead
It is time to face judgment

Thomas Kindell had always wished for a normal life. Suffice to say, the world has not been very kind to him in this regard. He had hoped that his transfer to Archbrook Academy would mark the start of a new life. Unfortunately for him, he would soon find himself thrown into this ceremony as the replacement Seventh Cardinal Lord.
Will Thomas survive the coming battles, or will he be but another sacrifice?

Pairings possible: 4(2 Male x Male , 2 Male x Female)

Thomas Kindell
Height: 175cm
Weight: 62kg
Eye Color: Brown (Right Eye) Blue (Left Eye)
Hair Color: Brown

The new teacher at Archbrook Academy and our main protagonist. The cause for his transfer to the island is the subject of gossip amongst the island dwellers, however, he tries to ignore it the best he can. Thomas is known to be laid back and might be a sort of a "tension breaker" amongst the faculty, who view the new arrival as a breath of fresh air. His students, however, view him as fresh meat to toy with.

Anthony Salazar
Height: 171cm
Weight: 59kg
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown

A janitor working at the Academy and Thomas' friend since high school. It was because of him that his friend was given the chance to work at the academy, having managed to persuade the 6 department heads to give Thomas a chance. Despite his age, Anthony still has a playful and somewhat childish side to him, which tends to earn the admiration of many of the academy's students and the ire of it's teachers.

Terra McIver
Height: 167cm
Weight: 54kg
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Blonde

The sole librarian of the Academy. Not much can be said about Terra, considering the fact that she spends most of her days reading the latest science news on her tablet or writing up some dirty fiction. When one does talk to her, she tends to lead conversations astray and has, on occasion, made people forget why they were talking to her in the first place. Despite what her job may imply, she usually lets students talk as loud as they want when they are in the library, so long as she's not reading or writing.

Victor Cain
Quote: “May God have mercy on you, for I will not.”
Species: Human(?)

Victor is a stranger to the world, having suddenly appeared one day and taking his position with little trouble. Unlike others, Victor follows a strict moral code contained within his leather-bound book and carries himself with a sense of justice and divinity. He will show compassion and kindness to those in need, but will just as quickly destroy those who would challenge him. However, he is clueless when it comes to matters of the world, taking everything in like a curious child.
The weapon he wields—Kleidi Theou—takes the form of a divine spear. Just like its master, the spear radiates divinity, and flies through the air with purpose.

Tisiphone Zabatos
Quote: “Your life is forfeit as the oath you broke.”
Species: Eumenide

A Fury of the Old World, Tisiphone’s wish is simple: return to her divine form by any means nessisary. During the Great God War, Tisiphone took on the powers of her two sisters and the god Thanatos, allowing her to survive the battles. However, this damaged her mentally and has made her raving mad. She views all people with distrust, and plans in ways that no one other than her can understand.
Her weapon—Thanatos—was born of her devouring the god, becoming a shield to guard her with. The face of the shield will reveal the broken oaths and the sins committed by those who gaze upon it. And once the victim refuses to accept their hypocrisy, Thanatos creates a mirror form of the target, one that will stop at nothing to punish the hypocrite.

Aaliyah Nagi
Quote: “My flame takes no prisoners.”
Species: Ifrit

Hailing from the deserts of the Central Continent, Aaliyah is an ifrit who was once a slave to a magi king. With her cunning, she was able to trick the king into releasing her, promptly destroying his kingdom upon her release as vengeance. Unlike her fellow ifrit who rely on brute strength, Aaliya prefers the grace of her fire dances and her world-weary knowledge to lead her to victory. She is not afraid to show off her beauty, but her loyalty to her partner Kazuki should never be doubted.
Her weapon—Tragoudi Fotias—takes the form of bracelets that adorn her wrists and ankles, from which streams of fire are produced. With her dance skill, the flames will quickly make short work of her opponent, turning them to ash with each twist of her body.

Kazuki Yukimura
Quote: “You will be struck down in a blink of an eye.”
Species: Kitsune

As the smallest of his litter, Kazuki was given up as a young pup to the oni that threatened his tribe. For much of his youth, he was treated as a pet by the oni, but once Kazuki became of age, he showed his worth by slaughtering the oni clan with a single bolt of lightning. Now known as the “Ikazuchi Kitsune”, Kazuki gives meaning to his title by striking as fast and as hard as the element his title comes from. He is as much a show off as his beloved Aaliyah, but is fiercely loyal to her.
His weapon—Keraunovolos Istos—takes the form of two gauntlets that cover Kazuki’s arms. Through them, he channels all forms of electricity and unleashes them upon his target within the blink of an eye.

Rudiger Eichel
Quote: “To deny me this is to deny me life!”
Species: Vampire

As a human, Rudiger was a man of rank who gladly took the land of others by force in order to grow his homestead. But all this came to an end after he dared to challenge a vampire. Not only did he lose his land and his beloved, he also lost his humanity. Unlike other converted vampires, Rudiger keeps to himself, living alone in his home and only leaving when he absolutely has to feed.
His weapon—Skoteini Sfagi—takes the form of a dagger that he can use to ‘conduct’ his earth-moving abilities. Even when not focusing its earth powers, Skoteini Sfagi can still be used as a normal weapon, cutting all those who dare venture near.

Lorenza Taccardi
Quote: “The cold kiss of winter is death to every man.”
Species: Magi

As a magi of ice, Lorenza has spent her life living in the cold tundras. With her youth marred in loss, the ‘Ice Queen’ leads a life of isolation and detachment, being as cold as the element she controls. Despite her apparent cool demeanor, Lorenza is quick to anger and will unleash her cold fury upon those who dare offend her.
Her weapon—Kourdistiri—takes the form of an ice rapier. Unlike the other Cardinal Lords, she created her weapon and thus has a strong connection with it. With just a touch of its tip, Kourdistiri freezes anything and everything, leaving its target immobile long enough for Lorenza to decimate them.

'Maria'
Quote: “I will drag you into the depths of despair…”
Species: Spirit

Known as the Weeping Woman in parts of the world, Maria is a spirit who lingers due to an offense committed long ago. As a spirit, the only emotions she can feel are those that she felt at the time of her death. Thus, her heart is forever weeping. She takes the apperance of a beautiful young woman, but upon finding a suitable victim, this façade collapses and she shows her true face.
Her weapon—Kleftis Psychon—takes the form of a mask. With the mask, she is able to emulate different emotions, which affects how her water manipulation skills react. Her fury will create jets of scalding water while her joy will heal her wounds. Out of the Cardinal Lords, Maria is the most adaptable to any opponent.

Zuri Ihejirika
Quote “Your gift was power. Mine’s was tenacity.”
Species: Witch

Once a simple human girl, Zuri spent her childhood and much of her adulthood studying magic. She prides herself in the knowledge she has attained, and views other Magicam as undeserving of their power. She almost claimed the title of Cardinal Lord, but was defeated with trickery and then humiliated by being forced to become the page of the 7th Lord, the very person who robbed her of her chance.

Thomas Kindell
Quote: “I’ll do whatever it takes to protect this place.”
Species: Human(?)

The replacement Seventh Cardinal Lord. He lacks knowledge on the magical world and the use of magic itself, but his quick thinking and adaptability keeps him from being a simple target.
His weapon—Agnotita—takes the form of a deck of cards. The faces of the cards are marked with the element that they control, and can summon their power by shattering the card. He can also use them to arrange different seals to protect himself from attacks.

'Loki'
Quote: "... ... ..."
Species: Diety(?)

A mysterious stranger who seems to be involved in this war. None of the Magicam know who he is, but he appears to be well known to the people of Mareal. He is the watcher of the town of Archbrook, and maintains the peace with mysterious powers.

'Gaia'
Quote: "Man's fate is decided by man alone. Neither god nor demon will interfere with our world!"
Species: Titan(?)

Another mysterious stranger who seems to be involved in this war. While a being known as Gaia once existed, the one who now goes by that name does not appear to be her.

Last edited by Hijiri on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:21 am, edited 70 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 pm 
Lemma-Class Veteran

I should have left a comment earlier, but I wasn't sure what to say. Right now I'd like to know the following:

1) Why is this magic war taking place on a small island? Is it a significant place?
2) Are you creating a straightforward visual novel, or will there be mandatory/optional gameplay?
3) It sounds like there are pairings between adults, but your story seems plot-centered. Will there be any slice of life elements? Will characters' relationships be an important part of the VN?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 pm 
Eileen-Class Veteran

gekiganwing wrote:
1) Why is this magic war taking place on a small island? Is it a significant place?
2) Are you creating a straightforward visual novel, or will there be mandatory/optional gameplay?
3) It sounds like there are pairings between adults, but your story seems plot-centered. Will there be any slice of life elements? Will characters' relationships be an important part of the VN?

1) Something I was going to clear up, but forgot. The world is divided into 20 "Territories" amongst the magical beings, but only 18 of them have their own lords. The last two are controlled by the gods themselves because those locations are where the magical energies converge. The island is atop the largest of these conversions, so it helps boosts the fighters own powers than what they would have in another territory.
2)I'm on the fence about this. If I do implement gameplay, at best I'll only have it for a few non-plot heavy battles, while key fights will be narrated.
3)Yes, there will be s'life parts, mostly since the Bellum Terram opens at random intervals and closes when a sacrifice is made. And relatioships between characters play a key role in this story, it is perhaps the reason Thomas is even involved with the war or the Cardinal Lords.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:09 pm 
Eileen-Class Veteran

---NOTHING SPACE---

Of the many weapons forged since the time of creation, this was one of the most dangerous. A Mythic-class weapon of mass destruction, it erases anything in it's path.

Last edited by Hijiri on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 am 
Eileen-Class Veteran

Added the Prolouge for your reading pleasure. Just click the "Prolouge" header to go read it. Comments are greatley appreciated and any spelling and grammer errors pointed out as well. Glaring errors will be corrected when I get home. (Out on break ATM)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:32 pm 
Eileen-Class Veteran

Took a break from writing and did some good ol' fashioned coding:
That circle in the BG is animated BTW.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:14 pm 
Miko-Class Veteran

Completed: http://art.jphi.me/projects
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Organization: spaceNote
Twitter: @chocojaxgogo
Tumblr: chocojax
Github: jenniferphi
The overview sounds kinda neat. o: The "seats of the 7 Great Gods of Myros" sounds super interesting too!
And the whole stats with letters thing kinda reminds me of F/SN, loool.
And that menu looks really amazing. P: I really like the magic circles in the logo too, looks awesome.
(Awwww man, just finished reading the prologue. The fight was really interesting, though there were tons of Latin/magical words that popped out everywhere! Haha. Looking forward to seeing how the prologue ties in with the rest of the story. Also, she's still pregnant after she's become a god? o:!?)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:11 pm 
Eileen-Class Veteran

chocojax wrote:
The overview sounds kinda neat. o: The "seats of the 7 Great Gods of Myros" sounds super interesting too!
And the whole stats with letters thing kinda reminds me of F/SN, loool.
And that menu looks really amazing. P: I really like the magic circles in the logo too, looks awesome.
(Awwww man, just finished reading the prologue. The fight was really interesting, though there were tons of Latin/magical words that popped out everywhere! Haha. Looking forward to seeing how the prologue ties in with the rest of the story. Also, she's still pregnant after she's become a god? o:!?)

Glad you've liked what you've seen :'D
She give birth a short while after this. Her son then grows up to be one of the 7 Gods himself, having earned succesion of the TIme god's throne. He appears in the game, but only for a couple of scenes.

Last edited by Hijiri on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:16 pm 
Veteran

Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]
Ooooh, this sounds good.
Hijiri wrote:
Add character concepts (3/23)
Σ(゜ロ゜;) 23! You mean all 18 Cardinal Lords get sprites?
Hijiri wrote:
That circle in the BG is animated
Yes! Wait, which circle?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:19 pm 
Eileen-Class Veteran

9:19 wrote:
Ooooh, this sounds good.
Hijiri wrote:
Add character concepts (3/23)
Σ(゜ロ゜;) 23! You mean all 18 Cardinal Lords get sprites?
Hijiri wrote:
That circle in the BG is animated
Yes! Wait, which circle?

Well, if we count Thomas, he make it 19, so 24. But since we only see the poor 18th once, he dosen't get one~.
The magic cirlce in the navigation menu background.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:01 am 
Eileen-Class Veteran

Short little snippet from the beginning:
Quote:
My hands trembled since we left home. Despite the fact that this wasn’t the first job I’ve had, I still couldn’t help but feel a bit nervous. Part of me is afraid of my new co-workers and whether or not they know of my reason for transferring over. The other part of me is afraid of the students I’ll now have to deal with. High schoolers tend to tear apart new teachers like wolves.

As we approach the school’s gateway, I start to get cold feet. I don’t think I’m ready for this.

Thomas “A-Anthony, maybe I come tomorrow instead?”

I stopped in place, but he grabbed my arm and began to pull me up with him.

Anthony “Don’t you dare chicken out now, Thomas!”

Anthony looked back at me, annoyance clearly showing on his face,

Anthony “You know the deans’ll get mad with you if you don’t show up for work today.”

Thomas “B-But—“

Anthony “No buts!”

He began to move faster up the staircase. Before I knew it, we found ourselves at the Academy’s entrance.

Thomas “Whoa…”

The fear I had on my mind was immediately ignored for the sight before me. The greenery that seemed to be all over the campus melded well with the masonry, giving Archbrook Academy a type of charm I never saw in a school before.

Anthony “Impressive, ain’t it? A pain in the ass to keep all the shrubs and vines in check though.”

Thomas “I thought you were just a janitor?”

I looked at Anthony’s uniform; if he were a gardener, I doubt they would give him something as flimsy as that for groundskeeping.

Anthony “I normally am, but when one of the groundskeepers doesn’t show up for work, they get people from the janitorial department to help out.”

Anthony then looked back at me. Oh no, I know that expression too well. My brain was shouting at my legs to run, but they knew that escape was pointless. Even if I ran, Anthony would still be able to catch me before I could get far enough. He grabbed my arm again and began to drag me towards (what I believe is) the main building. Sometimes I wish Anthony wasn’t so persistent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:18 pm 
Eileen-Class Veteran

For those who want to know a bit about the world of Dual Chain Rhapsody, here's a nice page to read.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 am 
Eileen-Class Veteran

Example of the nvl screen: (Basicly, anything that isn't part of the nvl window is placeholder)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:14 am 
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Twitter: @AuroCyanide
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide
I think the text sits too close to the border. You might want to either move the border further out or add more padding on the text?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:23 am 
Eileen-Class Veteran

This better?
EDIT: Just noticed I used a smaller text size for this screen, sorry! But the padding is different from the top one.

Also, information screen:
The sprite here is merely used for the example.