Crimson Moonlight (GXB, GXG, mystery, flash game)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

Re: Crimson Moonlight (GXB, GXG, mystery, flash game)

#16 Post by ShadowBerry »

Haha well Vampire and being arrogant...isn't it just natural that it's being combined? xD
Oh and so what? I mean flash and coding...I think your game looks pretty good you should get an A simply because your guys look hot! xD
But oh well then again, it's not only skill it's also popularity that should get you an A! ^A^

And I like font like this more. The big ass seize before hurt my eyes X.o
Own project:

EroBotan
Veteran

#17 Post by EroBotan »

I suggest to name the Arab guy Al Kalabog :3

jeje
Regular

#18 Post by jeje »

Uhmm... well... this time, I think I made the menu a "bit" too much...
Please help me TT~TT What must I do to make it more... simple? Easy to see?

@Destiny: the time too... But most of all, I think my lame skill in coding will make this game too "plain", as in, no fancy effects, not a lot "to=do-list" (as in, to code dress up game, etc) But, yeah, this is my first time making this kind of thing. I guess a "plain" game will be understandable 8)
@ShadowBerry: your name makes me hungry So much arrogance XD (I wanna break his arrogance and make him blush!!)
I hope my teacher will look at my effort and maybe, took a pity on me ;v; My target right now is a B for the computer. Minimum. But for the Art, it must be an A! >=C Thank you for the encouragement! *hugs*
@EroBotan: O-ohh!! Al Kalabog is OUR Arab guy!! I can't imagine him to be a love interest!! XDD (Sorry Al Kalabog, no offense :mrgreen: )
Well, for the surname, I already have a script for that, I can't change it. But I think I can make his name like... Ali? (See? Al. Ali.)

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#19 Post by ShadowBerry »

D: don't eat me, it will have nasty side effects D:<
The Art is a S+! LOL xDDDD *plays to much video games*
Anytime, oh and I loooove the menu~ xD not to much at all!

---
*hugs back* :D
Own project:

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#20 Post by Kingv »

I remember you asking me about variables and such for a flash game you wanted to create. I'm glad you've begun work on it! It looks good so far, I especially like the background images character sprites.

I think the last screenshot image is a bit too much. It's kind of clunky, especially since there are only three sections on it. I'd suggest moving the character's name box down further as well as putting the big circle around the character behind him. Scaling down the character sprite a bit couldn't hurt as well. Or maybe having a full view picture of their body to go on top of a faded out picture of the sprite. And for the section on the right maybe you could play around with that as well. I'm not sure how they are supposed to work during game play so it's hard to give a good suggestion as to what to do. Maybe another mock screenshot of it in action or an explanation would help. All in all I think you'll make your deadline with time to spare and I'm looking forward to giving it a play through once you're done.

MusicaFate
Regular
Organization: Hime*Ko Productions

#21 Post by MusicaFate »

remember the saveeee button :D ~ GOOD JOB~
Free Artist. :) PM ME ?~

EroBotan
Veteran

#22 Post by EroBotan »

jeje wrote:@EroBotan: O-ohh!! Al Kalabog is OUR Arab guy!! I can't imagine him to be a love interest!! XDD (Sorry Al Kalabog, no offense :mrgreen: )
Well, for the surname, I already have a script for that, I can't change it. But I think I can make his name like... Ali? (See? Al. Ali.)
hehe, don't worry about changing his name, it's just a joke ^^

I'm not a GUI expert so I can't tell if your menu is a bit too much or not, but it sure is beautiful ^^

jeje
Regular

#23 Post by jeje »

@ShadowBerry: I still want to eat youuuuu~ Are there any antidote against the side effects?... I guess I should just eat grapes...

@Kingv: Hello! XD You know, when I asked you about variables, it's just for fun with my friends. Now, I must make it for the sake of project :O
Hmmm... I've tried like what you suggest. What do you think? (as for the other options, errr... because of my lack of skill in drawing full body until the feet, I... prefer to avoid drawing that if not reallyyyy needed. ^^")
About the 3 sections there, it's just for counting how many time the player has given him favorite gifts, how many success dates, and how many affinity he have towards the player. I, for some reason and another, want to make that even buying gifts and making a date a success will be hard, and it must meet some quantity to get the good ending. So I just make a status sheet for each bachelor like that. Aside from the bachelor's status menu, it will have an inventory menu, and the main heroine's status menu. (The status will determine what kind of job she could take, and getting nearer different bachelor).
...I'm thinking that it's too much to do... -_- ...maybe I'll just erase some of the planning I have in mind...
I hope it won't be too late to finish this. Because I have to do the other projects DX. I haven't even started even one project aside from this...

Oh, and I wanna ask you if I get an error or things in coding or anything (like... GUI). Is that okay? ;v; pretty, pretty please? And I hope I won't disappoint you when you could play this game...

@MusicaFate: An editor and co-writer detected!! XDD
Ugh... I don't think I could make a save button... Ya know... flash... it's really, really hard to code save and load system. ;^;

@EroBotan: I insist! XD (No, I'm just kidding too. Really... let us see if I'm gonna really use Ali as his name or not... :3)
Attachments
gardener menu.jpg

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#24 Post by Kingv »

jeje wrote: @Kingv: Hello! XD You know, when I asked you about variables, it's just for fun with my friends. Now, I must make it for the sake of project :O
Hmmm... I've tried like what you suggest. What do you think? (as for the other options, errr... because of my lack of skill in drawing full body until the feet, I... prefer to avoid drawing that if not reallyyyy needed. ^^")
About the 3 sections there, it's just for counting how many time the player has given him favorite gifts, how many success dates, and how many affinity he have towards the player. I, for some reason and another, want to make that even buying gifts and making a date a success will be hard, and it must meet some quantity to get the good ending. So I just make a status sheet for each bachelor like that. Aside from the bachelor's status menu, it will have an inventory menu, and the main heroine's status menu. (The status will determine what kind of job she could take, and getting nearer different bachelor).
...I'm thinking that it's too much to do... -_- ...maybe I'll just erase some of the planning I have in mind...
I hope it won't be too late to finish this. Because I have to do the other projects DX. I haven't even started even one project aside from this...

Oh, and I wanna ask you if I get an error or things in coding or anything (like... GUI). Is that okay? ;v; pretty, pretty please? And I hope I won't disappoint you when you could play this game...
Ah ok I see. Then in that case I think the three sections will work well as is since the different variables inside the circles will just be text and not images. I think it looks much cleaner now just from the changes you've made so far. And if you have any questions you can contact me anytime and I'll try my best to help. ^^

hokaru

#25 Post by hokaru »

o.o The text box sure look better now :D Being longer and smaller, font size smaller.. Before the change, the text box took almost half of the screen... which is too big. The red menu with white outline looks good ^^
The bachelor's status menu is pretty, the one after changes looks better.

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#26 Post by ShadowBerry »

nonononono...side effects are permanent! D:
Uhhh Grapes, I love grapes <3
Or Watermelon hoho
Own project:

bunbun
Regular

#27 Post by bunbun »

I've been hesitating to comment on this topic
The title of the game crimson moonlight is actually one of the comic title I did when I was young XD

Anyway, I really love the art and storyline so far.
Edward is my favorite currently.
I'm not sure if I was imagining things but I've seen somewhere that you might redraw the sprite?
If you do please don't change Edward too much, I like him this way :(
WIPS

Rem-chan
Regular

#28 Post by Rem-chan »

*o* Amazing *O* I love the art style and the concept!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#29 Post by WickedRaccoon »

*_* vampires..... *drools all over keyboard*
can't wait fot this game to be released.you have my ultimate support and i wish you luck in finishing it :D

Hannahchu
Regular
Projects: Morte. Deaths Kiss! I'm no boy! <3

#30 Post by Hannahchu »

*Exactly what WickedRaccoon just said*

Chuu~