Otome Game without an Epic Name [GxB] -- new survey!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Ashurei

Otome Game without an Epic Name [GxB] -- new survey!

#1 Post by Ashurei »

Hello everyone! We thought it was about time we set up a thread for our upcoming visual novel, even if we, er, don't yet have a name for it... or a name for anything, really. Naming issues aside, we need the help of our potential audience (a.k.a. you) to decide on the drawing and colouring style. At the moment we have three lovely artists to choose from, and your vote will determine who gets to boss the others around fulfils which role. Please head on over to the very short survey and feel free to leave any constructive criticism as you see fit. We assure you that none of the choices you make here will affect which ending you get. [/terrible VN joke]

Click Here to Vote!

Genre:

Romance, Humour, Fantasy

Story:

"When I opened my eyes, I realised two things.
I had no idea who I was.
And more worryingly, I appeared to be a pink ball of fluff."

Play as an amnesic fluffball who, upon the dubious word of a rather vain fairy, sets off to help a princess achieve her wish for true love. Of course, finding one’s soul mate is easier said than done. With a romantically deluded princess and some fairly eccentric bachelors, you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you. Will you successfully get the princess her beautiful man and, while you’re at it, recover your memories and escape spending the rest of your life as a pink ball of fluff?

Characters:

The Protagonist
A pink ball of fluff with no memories.

The Princess
A princess who reads far too many romance novels and speaks in extremely flowery language. Miraculously, the protagonist can understand her speech. Well, most of the time.

The Childhood Friend
An orphan who was taken in by the castle as a child, and now serves as the princess’s personal knight. His boyish looks and happy-go-lucky nature make him charming to many, but he has a bit of a sadistic streak. He has a penchant for bullying fluffballs and bird otaku.

The Prince
A prince from the neighbouring kingdom. His shy and clumsy nature doesn’t make him seem very princely at all, but there appears to be more to him than meets the eye. He is extremely fond of birds and prefers them to people.

The Prince’s Attendant
A capable attendant who cares only for his prince and his kingdom. His demeanour demands respect from all who encounter him, even those higher in rank, and he is a bit of a male chauvinist. Interesting things happen when he gets injured.

Features:

Beautiful men
Lots of derp
...what else do you need?

Staff:

Writing: Ashurei
Art: r e m, Cactus, Sushi
Programming: Raid, Ashurei
Nagging: Raid

We're still debating on music. Composer hunting, anyone?

Finally:

Thank you for taking the time to visit this thread and reading about our game. You get a virtual cookie for getting this far. While we may not seem to have much to show at the moment, hopefully we will be updating once we really get the ball rolling. Any comments are appreciated!
Last edited by Ashurei on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

r e m

Re: Otome Game without an Epic Name [GxB] -- please vote on

#2 Post by r e m »

Oh yay! I finally get to post //shot
Guys, it really would be super helpful if you'd vote on the art. It would make life super easy for us... well not really but it would make things easier for the indecisive artists. orz

//flops on Ashurei now

bunbun
Regular

#3 Post by bunbun »

Hello!
I've voted for the 2nd one, which I think would match the storyline the most!
Also, because I've voted I can no longer go to the website to look at the art.
it says something like "Thanks for completing this survey.
Now create your own—it's free, quick & easy!"

It would be great if you could post up the 3 art here ^^

I'll look forward for your game, it looks really interesting!
WIPS

r e m

#4 Post by r e m »

Oh thank you for your feedback, Bunbun. ouo
Here are the links to both images (in high res format)
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/ ... ionOne.png
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2 ... 5a3ao5.png

It never actually occurred to me that people would still want to look at the images after voting so that's why. orz

bunbun
Regular

#5 Post by bunbun »

thanks!
A bit out of the voting choice but I think the color choice (end link) looks the best!
I assume the style is arranged from real -> most anime style
WIPS

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#6 Post by Tag- »

Hmm, I answered the style one fine, but I am really torn between 1 and 3 of the colouring :'D All three look slightly similar, but there are little details in each that make it unique :D
I went with 3 in the end because of the colour scheme lololol, but may I please just add that I really, really loved the eye colouring in #1 C:

Hope I helped a little, and good luck with your project~
PM me if needed

Ashurei

Re: Otome Game without an Epic Name [GxB] -- new survey!

#7 Post by Ashurei »

Thank you for your votes and feedback! Unfortunately due to our own oversight, the initial survey was rather flawed. We have replaced it with another, and if anyone would be kind enough to vote (again in some cases > u>) that would be awesome.

r e m

#8 Post by r e m »

I humbly apologize for the inconvenience to those of you who had to answer the survey twice. I wanted to get things done as quick as possible yesterday so I failed to take into account certain relevant factors to our information gathering. This second version of the survey is more well thought out though and albeit it's more lengthy as well, it's also more organized.

And as Ashurei said, we really do appreciate the feedback. We're taking note of all the feedback that you have given us. Thanks a lot for helping us out. ouo

RaineDazeDays

#9 Post by RaineDazeDays »

I went and quickly put in my thoughts for the revised survey. Really liked the second style, and it took me a bit to decide what I liked best for the coloring and shading. xD; I liked the second shading style, but I liked the colors for both the second and the third...

If I might just say otherwise, I really like the plot and the characters! I don't play otome games too much, but this one I definitely will try. It seems really cute to me, and I'm looking forward to see how this will turn out in the end.

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#10 Post by ShadowBerry »

haha so you don't try to date yourself but the princess?
Why do I imagine a spoiled princess living in her own dream world? hahaha
It sounds so awesome!
I want to see more of this^^

Will we find out, if the fluffball is male or female?
And everything else? xD
Own project:

Ashurei

#11 Post by Ashurei »

I'm glad you like the plot, RaineDazeDays and ShadowBerry!

I'm sorry the story and characters seem so vague in the first post, but my intention is for you guys to actually experience the story and characters when you play the game, instead of reading about it beforehand and losing the thrill of surprise. I'm really happy that, vague as it was, you still found it interesting!

Once we get the art and programming figured out, we'll be aiming to release a demo as soon as possible. I've gotten about 60% of the script done for the demo, which is the first ten or so minutes of the game. In it, you will properly meet the dodgy fairy, along with the characters described in the first post. \o/

Oh, and the fluffball is female. xD

CuppieKeyk
Regular
Projects: Apple Kiss [Will create a thread soon]
Organization: Myself XD

#12 Post by CuppieKeyk »

Waaah, Wonderful ! I'm looking forward for this soon-to-be game ! I'm excited, I've already vote and send feedback there, I hope it will be helpful :3

Rem-chan
Regular

#13 Post by Rem-chan »

Finished the survey *O*

ixWishing
Veteran

#14 Post by ixWishing »

Well, I chose Option #3 for Question One, and Option #2 for color choice & option #3 for highlighting / shading ;u; .

Well, it's since I'm used to anime styles or something, LOL .
- Everlasting Dreams ;

r e m

#15 Post by r e m »

Thank you guys for answering our survey questions.

Apologies for not having an updates in a while. But we're working on it. Real life caught up with all of us and we haven't exactly been actively talking about the VN due to situations in real life but we're starting to work on it again