[WIP] かわいいなリズム -KaNaRi- [Sim][Comedy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Cinnamoon
Regular
Projects: Crystal Aria ~Starlight (20%), かわいいなリズム (38%)
Organization: CoffeeCat

[WIP] かわいいなリズム -KaNaRi- [Sim][Comedy]

#1 Post by Cinnamoon »

Welcome to my game's thread~ ! This is かわいいなリズム (Kawaii Na Rizumu // KaNaRi), the first VN I'm ever going to share with the world~ (=°^°=)/ and... PLEASE !! Forgive my bad english orz

This is it ! Mariko signed a contract with XEVA Entertainment : she can finally be a famous singer and her first album will be released on the 24th of December !
"WAIT !!" said Bob Botsuura.
Unfortunately, Hana Botsuura, Bob's daughter, is also becoming an idol and her first album will also be released on the 24th of December !! Mariko will have to do better than Hana within 30 days in order to stay an idol~

Play the part of Mariko and become a famous idol : raise your stats, appear on TV, record your album, choose your everyday-outfit, date a superstar and even adopt a guinea-pig !

.:: Game features ::.
- Life simulation / Comedy
- Two "romance" paths [GxB][GxG]
- 5 endings
- 25 outfits
- 10 obtainable success
- 10 CGs (or more)
- Chibi art (only !)
- French only (will be looking for someone who can translate French to English once the script is done !)

.:: Characters ::.
Note : those are only sketches.
~MARIKO~

ImageImage

Mariko, 18 years old, the MC -undone sprite-

~HANA~

Hana, 17 years old, Bob Botsuura's daughter
The other characters are coming soon~ ^^
.:: Gameplay ::.
Mariko will have to raise her stats : singing, dance, expression, charisma, fashion, marketing, beauty. Every morning, you have to choose an activity in order to raise one stat. Every afternoon, one of your stat will be tested (live performance=dance, TV apparition=charisma, interview=expression,...). Everytime you pass a test, you're getting closer to the good ending !
.:: Progress ::.
Story >> 100%
Script >> 10%
Character Design >> 60%
Sprites >> 5%
CG >> 0%
Music >> 60%
Backgrounds >> 10%
Programming >> 5%
UI >> 35%
gameplay >> 95%
outfits >> 1/25 done

Please, tell me what you think about it. I'm really looking for criticism on this one, because I want it to be a game that people will enjoy playing ! Thank you so much~ ^^
I don't have much to show yet, unfortunately ! I'm working on the script and the outfits right now ^^
Last edited by Cinnamoon on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Pecora Z
Projects: Let's Learn Latin, An Acceptable Break From Reality

Re: [WIP] かわいいなリズム -KaNaRi- [Sim][Comedy]

#2 Post by Pecora Z »

It sounds like a fun game- I love sims, especially ones with the amount of customization you're offering. I'm looking forward to it! (:

The only thing that is a bit off-putting is that it is chibi art only (apparently, I didn't understand if you meant for now it is just chibi or if all the art will be chibi). I mean, chibi art has it's place, but I wouldn't want to romance just chibis. Also, I'd be happy to help in your translation to English, fixing up the grammar and spelling and everything. (:

Cinnamoon
Regular

#3 Post by Cinnamoon »

Pecora Z wrote:It sounds like a fun game- I love sims, especially ones with the amount of customization you're offering. I'm looking forward to it! (:

The only thing that is a bit off-putting is that it is chibi art only (apparently, I didn't understand if you meant for now it is just chibi or if all the art will be chibi). I mean, chibi art has it's place, but I wouldn't want to romance just chibis. Also, I'd be happy to help in your translation to English, fixing up the grammar and spelling and everything. (:
Thank you~
Actually, it will be chibi art all the way~ ^^" I'm sorry I disappointed you. The characters who can be romanced are chibis, but it isn't exactly "romance"... because it isn't meant to be really "serious"... I really don't know how to explain it :/
Thank you so much for offering to help me with the translation ^^ If you're still interested when the script is done, I'll send you a PM~ ! And I really can't speak English... so if there are any mistakes in this thread, please tell me~ :)

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

It sounds like KaNaRi is happening in current day (or recent past) Japan. That said, if you haven't lived there yourself, then please make sure you research your setting.

I don't know if you want your game to be realistic. However, even if you do not want much realism, you will probably benefit by reading about idols in real life.

Cinnamoon
Regular

#5 Post by Cinnamoon »

gekiganwing wrote:It sounds like KaNaRi is happening in current day (or recent past) Japan. That said, if you haven't lived there yourself, then please make sure you research your setting.

I don't know if you want your game to be realistic. However, even if you do not want much realism, you will probably benefit by reading about idols in real life.
KaNaRi isn't meant to be realistic, I wanted it to be a parody and a fun game to play. I already started researching, because I've never been to Japan. There are a lot of famous japanese people making an appearance in KaNaRi too ! :)
Thank you for the link ! I will read this, it will really help me~