Cyberlin - work in progress

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Cyberlin - work in progress

#16 Post by DaFool »

I'm sure you're also compiling an Event CG Gallery. Then when the Epilogue featuring events many years later comes around, then you'd be able to show that Event CG Gallery for reminiscing purposes.

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#17 Post by Alessio »

Small update - I've been fighting with backgrounds for a long time now and decided to discard both my Inkscape-based ones and the photograph-based ones. I just couldn't seem to get the atmosphere right, and then luckily (thanks to this forum) stumbled over SketchUp, which gave me the exact result I wanted within a few hours. I'm really relieved now. Sneak peek...

Edit: Oh, wow, my 500th post... Gee, should post less and work more. :-)
Attachments
grlsrm00sml.png

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#18 Post by monele »

The only thing I don't like with SketchUp are the very thick lines... but I think you can configure that? Anyway, for the rest, 3D is definitely a good way to make quick representations of places. It doesn't blow one away, but it fits its purpose ^^

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Alessio »

Yes, you can define the lines yourself. Plus I'm shrinking the picture, so the lines get even thinner. Some preset lines simulate sketching strokes, very nice (see attachment) - I can see myself using them for my next (less serious) VN.
Attachments
Clipboard01.png

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#20 Post by sake-bento »

Sketchup...sounds like such a good program. That background looks great. Well done. ^-^

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Alessio »

Well, next update: The four chapters that make up the story are done, and re-writing/editing is proceeding well (at snail-pace, as usual). Two chapters are final, and I'm halfway through on the third.

I've also copied the first chapter plus some finished graphics into Ren'Py 6.8.0 to see what it looks like. You can see some Cyberlin screenshots in the Screenshot contest thread, and below is another one. And now back to work...
Attachments
Office
Office
Current projects: Visual Novel "Cyberlin"

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Alessio »

Hmmm, it's been a while it seems. Amazing how time flies. I'm still working on this one on and off, and should have the last chapter's editing completed soon. Soon meaning sometime in autumn 2012, since I know my pace. Don't hold your breath. :)

It is hard to do everything by yourself and still keep a realistic schedule, so I came to the conclusion that I will not continue working on my character art after all. Although a lot of work went into it, and most of it was completed, it is not remotely close to the quality I hoped for, therefore I will hand this over to a more skilled artist after the script is 100% completed. The work was not for nothing - the current artwork does its job as placeholder, and will also hopefully give some orientation to the artist.
Current projects: Visual Novel "Cyberlin"