Saundersi: Level7 [Otome][Sci-Fi][Mystery][Drama][Murder]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
izukwon
Regular
Projects: Saundersi: Level 7

Saundersi: Level7 [Otome][Sci-Fi][Mystery][Drama][Murder]

#1 Post by izukwon »

We proudly present....
Forget about the world, your safety first!
From Developer:
Hey guys, I'm new here. Me and my friend are making a visual novel based on her story. It's an otome game where you, the girl lead, hook up with the boys. I'm planning to make 2 version of this game, the one with only fanservice and the other one would go all out with H scenes. Our game is not about saving the whole world or whatever global that is, but on a smaller scale of just escaping. Let's just get on with the...

Synopsis:
ONEE (Organization of Nuclear Enhancement and Experiments), is an organization responsible for the world power source via the use of nuclear reactors. They have several branch facilities around the world, with the Camponotus in Saundersi Island being their biggest facility. The Saundersi Island is a remote island surrounded by the Olbero Sea waters and connected to the mainland via an undersea pass.

Cecillia Helbert worked as an intern in the Camponotus, placed in Sector A: Deus along with Dyne Nathan, Demiantha Edo, Stig Cowell and several others.
One day, the professor who Cecillia worked under, was arrested for fabricating the documents and bills. All of the facility workers are called by the president to present testimony. When they were just about to gather in the court the facility system went into a break down, locking some who are still inside the facility. Those who were left are 7 interns and a veteran janitor.

Things get complicated when the defense system of the facility went awry and the self-destruct system was activated. Being interns, Cecille and her friends are lacking the experience to handle the system, and the janitor could not contribute any help. Stig tried to hack into the system and finally able to deactivate the self-destruct program. But it just generated another problem. Suddenly the neutron chain reaction raised as if they were added a catalyst and even worse the cooler system got jammed. It caused the power plants in Sector A: Deus to overheat, and if it's not stopped it would cause a meltdown. Things get even more dangerous as the power plants in Camponotus are using the OPER core, which uses hydraulic powered engine to power the cooler. If the radioactive gets into the engine, then, the power plant will explode.

But, they did not know of the mysteries still trying to follow, and that things are not as simple as a system failure. What will happen to those people? And who is behind all this? Is it really just an accident?

Characters:
Name: Cecillia Helbert
Department: Administration and Monetary
Personality: A dreamy idealist girl that is very enthusiastic in her work. She could be panicking when presented with a problem, but always seem to be able to solve them in her unusual way. She is strong that she could protect herself at urgent times, but often couldn't protect others. when she is really curious, she is stubborn. She often meddle in a conflict and scold those who were in it. She holds true to her ideals that people should be thankful with what they are given, thus, should pay back what god has given them by working hard in everything and doing their best.
Quote: “Why are you so serious about being not serious?”

Name: Dyne Nathan
Department: Invention and Maintenance
Personality: A calm and contented researcher. He is very precise and tend to consider every little consequences. He is an analytical thinker with a cool head. He rarely goes panic in any situation. He could be a little teasing (or trolling) and return others' mockery with sharp reply. He always think ahead of others and tend to do things that would make him look insane and crazy. He is mature, humble, nice toward people, and smiles a lot, though at the same time he could be considered sharp and to the point. He has a mysterious aura within him since he often hides his emotion and things he already known to himself. But overall, he's a nice dependable person.
Quote: “I will step back when others start walking. Why? Because I’m preparing to run and leap.”

Name: Demiantha Edo
Department: Invention and Maintenance
Personality: Jack-of-all-trades, and a mecha otaku. He's collected and reserved, a bit introverted and hardly get along with people easily. He often being rude, sarcastic and hard to please. He's ill-tempered and gets angry easily. He is very athletic and helps a lot with researches that require some physical skill, and always the first to come the rescue. He could master new devices rather quickly, and has keen vision to never miss details. Despite the ignorant and rude attitude he often showed, he is probably one who still let heart rule before head, often sympathize easily, but being dishonest to the them. He is dense about romance, and could be easily teased with woman subject. He can be vengeful and hardly forgive people.
Quote: “I don’t care about you, so why should you?”

Name: Stig Cowell
Department: Resource and Data
Personality: An outgoing and cheerful scientist who had the job to monitor every data, and has skills in Information Technology. Well known as a warm hearted and a dependable person who is good at motivating others, but tend to be flirty towards women. When the party started to break down, he'll light the candles up. He is pretty creative and prefer things to be solved in his own way, disliking the rules. When you find a gossip spread, it's a no brainer to suspect him first. He's also got a bottomless stomach, a glutton to his heart.
Quote: "reality does not exist to entertain you. So, entertain yourself, man!"

Name: Haneda Mikoto
Department: Administration and Monetary
Personality: A timid girl who hides her emotion behind her glasses. She's awfully quiet to people she is not acquainted with and the hardest to open her heart, but once someone get close to her, her traits could change dramatically. She is really close with Cecillia, and are sworn best friends. She is the smartest intern with top marks in her portfolio, but her lack of courage diminished her potentially popular aura. She is in the same "Dyne's Fanclub" as Cecillia and tend to gossip together in their lunch break.
Quote: "I-it's harder for me to focus when there's a lot of... People around... And I hate being... Clumsy."

Name: Anjasmara
Department: Advanced Experiment
Personality: He's friendly, but not really a good person. He's the type who will smile, but stab you on your back when you don't pay attention. He won't share anything with you, but when he wants something from you, he will pester you and won't stop until he gets the juice out of you. He has problem with hearing and wears a hearing helper device. He's never seen without a cap, and that generates rumor around the workers that he has disgusting scar on his head.
Quote: "Hey, try to be useful."

(No image yet)
Name: Primus
Department: Advanced Experiment
Personality: Anjasmara's younger twin brother. Despite being an identical twins with his sibling, he hates him very much. He considers Anjasmara as his arch-rival. Unlike his brother, he has no physical disability. Personally, he is a hard-worker, one who believes that talent does not exist, but it's hard work that matters, which is the contrary to his brother's belief. He is a nice person but is really ill-tempered. Sometimes he could be ignorant and pushy. He is a perfectionist, hard to please, and picky about every little things.
Quote: "Just because we are identical, it doesn't mean I'm the same as him!"

(No image yet)
Name: Alex "Uncle Lexy" Bidder
Department: Janitor
Personality: Everybody's favorite janitor, Uncle Lexy. He's a really humble old man with wisdom and experience. His daughter once worked in the Camponotus, but she passed away in an experiment accident. From then on, Alex promised himself that he will never leave the Camponotus to preserve his daughter's memory. His wife died when he's younger due to Leukimia. His past might be the reason why he is so caring with the young workers.
Quote: "It's nice to be here, it feels like I have a lot of sons and daughters, and maybe grandchildren. "

Gameplay:
This would be a general visual novel with texts and choices. But aside of that, you're given the role to solve the mystery and escape from the nuclear power plant. You'll explore the facility and find clues on how to get out of your trouble. The game will have 5 endings, each, following the 3 bachelors, a generic ending, and a bad ending. It might be interesting to have an inventory system but I don't know how to implement that. Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Trivia:
- Camponotus Saundersi is an ant species that could self-destruct themselves. Got the idea? Good :3
- Level 7 is a terminology for a world-scale incident as such are the Chernobyl and Fukushima incidents.
- ONEE is derived from the Japanese word oni. It translates as "Devil". Thus, ONEE logo has the kanji for oni inside the O. This is also a clue that ONEE is not all about bringing happiness to the world :3

Screenshots:
This section will be updated as we progress
(outdated screenshot)

Progress:
Story: 80%
Script: 5%
Character Arts: 40%
CGs: 0% (Haven't started :0)
Backdrops: 40% (currently just taking real life images/3D images)
Programming: 0% (Haven't started yet >.<)

Crew:
Me, Izukwon: Project leader, Director, Artist, Programmer, Script Writer.
My friend, Chany: Story Writer, Character Designer, Programmer

We are currently looking for:
- a composer to compose the themes and BGM. We only need around 5-6 musics as this is a short project. Willing to work unpaid and dedicated (I mean, as long as you don't leave the project halfway :'<)
- a concept artist to help us concept the facility, both exterior and interior. We only need the help on the building concept and how things work within the facility (we are art students and not backed by the know-how of machinery/technical things etc.)and this will also be a volunteer work.
- an additional programmer. It's required but not mandatory. We need one for speed, so we can finish the game quickly.
- a proofreader to help with the language. We are not a native speaker, so help on this is urgently needed.
- a backdrop artist to make the backdrops (yeah...). This too, required, but not mandatory (we could always use real life pics, but then, that's not too special). We only need around 8 backdrops.

As this game is still in the ideas and developing phase, things might be changed in the future. We are also demanding asking for positive feedbacks and please don't critiques.
Oh, we are also looking for opinion whether the character already look moe(the girl) and bishie(the boys) enough or not? xDDD;;;
And lastly, I hope my project interest you all good citizens of the visual novel word~~~
Last edited by izukwon on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Ricocchi
Projects: Saundersi :Level 7

Re: Saundersi: Level7 [Otome][Sci-Fi][Mystery]

#2 Post by Ricocchi »

Alright, I am included to this project too, I am the mentioned friend above, lol. Just call me "Cho" or "Rico". I'll answer questions regarding the story and character development, since I am their mother. However, Izu-chan also helps with developing the story and characters into better one.

also, I'll be in charge for fandomization (doujinshi, artwork, artbook, etc)

Anyway, to project leader dear, I think 5-6 music/theme song is not enough. Once I tried for my own fan VN and it makes the game seemed repetitive and not dynamic. Unless you meant 5 musics for EACH mood.

also,we have to reconsider the worst case if we're not getting complete needed employee.

and our work timetable. So in this month, we'll likely finishing the script and source. or you demand more?

WE'RE URGENTLY NEED PROOFREADER. PROOFREADER. (I guess I can trade it with comission of art? how is it? :3)
Last edited by Ricocchi on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#3 Post by Razz »

Wow! If i hadn't known otherwise I would think this was a translated pro japanese VN with the quality the art is at!

izukwon
Regular

#4 Post by izukwon »

Razz wrote:Wow! If i hadn't known otherwise I would think this was a translated pro japanese VN with the quality the art is at!
Aww, thanks! :33 We're trying hard to make this game as visually appealing as possible. If it's not much, please check the project out regularly, and please support us :DDD

Ricocchi wrote:Alright, I am included to this project too, I am the mentioned friend above, lol. Just call me "Cho". I'll answer questions regarding the story and character development, since I am their mother.

Anyway, to project leader dear, I think 5-6 music/theme song is not enough. Once I try for my own fan VN and it makes the game seemed repetitive and not dynamic. Unless you meant 5 musics for EACH mood.

also,we have to reconsider the worst case if we're not getting complete needed employee.

and our work timetable. So in this month, we'll likely finishing the script and source. or you demand more?
Dearie, check your PM <3

Ricocchi

#5 Post by Ricocchi »

Razz wrote:Wow! If i hadn't known otherwise I would think this was a translated pro japanese VN with the quality the art is at!
This boost our willpower ^_^ thank you

TrishaYuu
Regular
Organization: Winter Wolves

#6 Post by TrishaYuu »

Hi,

I saw your post at the recruitment section and I'm very interested - but first I'd like to know if this is going to be a paid gig. Anyways, I'll be pitching my skills nonetheless, just in case. Basically, I'm applying for the Concept Artist or Backdrop Artist position. I have a background in architecture, though currently I am a 3D animation student. Basically I could help with the building design and layout but when it comes to the machinery... well, technically, I'm also an art student and I know little about that sort of stuff, too. :lol: Also, since I know some 3D, I could model the building (or parts of it since the facility is too big) so that you can set a scene at any location in any angle easily.

Here's a link to my VN art pricelist:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=16994

*I would also charge extra for 3D models

Also, if you're hiring a Japanese translator, I have a friend who can speak Japanese and read and write in level 3 Kanji. :wink:

izukwon
Regular

#7 Post by izukwon »

asterisk0228 wrote:Hi,

I saw your post at the recruitment section and I'm very interested - but first I'd like to know if this is going to be a paid gig. Anyways, I'll be pitching my skills nonetheless, just in case. Basically, I'm applying for the Concept Artist or Backdrop Artist position. I have a background in architecture, though currently I am a 3D animation student. Basically I could help with the building design and layout but when it comes to the machinery... well, technically, I'm also an art student and I know little about that sort of stuff, too. :lol: Also, since I know some 3D, I could model the building (or parts of it since the facility is too big) so that you can set a scene at any location in any angle easily.

Also, if you're hiring a Japanese translator, I have a friend who can speak Japanese and read and write in level 3 Kanji. :wink:
Hi, there. I checked your thread and you've got some real deal hehe. But I didn't see your architectural sample anywhere :(
about the payment thingy, no, we are only looking for volunteers. This is our market test project so we're not going pro >.<

TrishaYuu
Regular
Organization: Winter Wolves

#8 Post by TrishaYuu »

izukwon wrote:
asterisk0228 wrote:Hi,

Hi, there. I checked your thread and you've got some real deal hehe. But I didn't see your architectural sample anywhere :(
about the payment thingy, no, we are only looking for volunteers. This is our market test project so we're not going pro >.<
Oh alright then. It was worth a try. :)

About my architectural samples, I'm sorry, that was silly and careless of me not to include samples for those. I haven't really uploaded most of them on the internet since I like drawing anime characters more and I haven't actually encountered an opportunity where I could really put my architectural skills to use (for something like this).

Anywho, here are links of some 3D modeling I did some time ago. It's on my other deviantArt account (you'll know it's me because of the sig :D ).
http://asterisk0228.deviantart.com/art/ ... -268621303
http://asterisk0228.deviantart.com/art/ ... k0228&qo=0
http://asterisk0228.deviantart.com/art/ ... k0228&qo=1
http://asterisk0228.deviantart.com/art/ ... k0228&qo=2

I wish you good luck on your project! I hope you you guys complete your team soon and make it big. The story seems to have good potential and you already have a really good artist on your team! Again, best of luck to you guys! :D

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#9 Post by Nellie »

Wow... Very interesting premise. Arts look really professional too~

I'm very interested in the mystery... (and possibly the H scenes hohoho)
Will be keeping an eye! All the best :)

Ricocchi

#10 Post by Ricocchi »

Nellie wrote:Wow... Very interesting premise. Arts look really professional too~

I'm very interested in the mystery... (and possibly the H scenes hohoho)
Will be keeping an eye! All the best :)
my deepest grattitude, this will tank me up when I started to got block in writing :D
(because I am not pro..yet)

Now, brainstorming and MS word again, lol. I am slow
Last edited by Ricocchi on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

izukwon
Regular

#11 Post by izukwon »

Guys, here are some new arts! I'm planning to make a promotional poster to gather people for my project hehehe (despite doing that, I haven't even finished the sprites yet ;___;;) I hope more enthusiastic partners will come soon ;__; or possibly fans (I'm demanding too much xD)
Attachments
This one is a skit. It won't be colored hahaha. Height comparison of the characters. Left to right are Cecillia, Dyne, Stig and Edo.
This one is a skit. It won't be colored hahaha. Height comparison of the characters. Left to right are Cecillia, Dyne, Stig and Edo.
This is the promotional picture WIP. I'll color it tomorrow :3
This is the promotional picture WIP. I'll color it tomorrow :3

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#12 Post by Kinjo »

Well, I'm not much of an otome fan but I love sci-fi and mystery stories. Your plot sounds really interesting and the art looks quite professional, so I'll look forward to reading this in the future. Good luck!

whitenenesha
Regular
Projects: White Days / Fragile Hearts

Re: Saundersi: Level7 [Otome][Sci-Fi][Mystery][Drama][Murder

#13 Post by whitenenesha »

I'll be looking forward to this :) (since I can't help much, yeah.)
"Just a lonely story writer."

Fanfiction.net / deviantArt / Twitter
Projects: White Days [KN], Fragile Hearts[VN]

izukwon
Regular

#14 Post by izukwon »

Kinjo wrote:Well, I'm not much of an otome fan but I love sci-fi and mystery stories. Your plot sounds really interesting and the art looks quite professional, so I'll look forward to reading this in the future. Good luck!
Thank you, please keep supporting us. We are also looking forward to your input and suggestion if you have any :D
whitenenesha wrote:I'll be looking forward to this (since I can't help much, yeah.)
Thank you! You being so supportive is a great help enough :D

By the way, I just updated Cecille and Dyne's sprite as there are anatomical errors before. I put this up as comparison.
Attachments
anatomy and proportion errors fixed!
anatomy and proportion errors fixed!

Ricocchi

Re: Saundersi: Level7 [Otome][Sci-Fi][Mystery][Drama][Murder

#15 Post by Ricocchi »

Alright, proportion is now better.
and still bishie :D