Dear Friend, Secret Lover

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
mokenju1
Regular

#16 Post by mokenju1 »

:shock: That's quite impressive!. Can I hire you as an habitual proofreader?. We can make a good team :wink: .

Although I doubt "hire" is the right word... ( no wage at all :roll: ).

And that doesn't mean that I have forgotten the great (and very fast) job DaFool made with the script of Host Love. I don't want to be ungrateful . :oops:

Ignosco
Veteran

#17 Post by Ignosco »

Well, I hope what I've done is ok - you should have a look at it before asking to hire me :P

I've put a word document in the folder with some of the things I wasn't sure about - it's up to you whether or not you want to make those changes.

Ignosco :)

Edit: Forgot to add that this is a great script :D
Last edited by Ignosco on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keitsu Han'ei
Regular

#18 Post by Keitsu Han'ei »

oh for the love of...... FINALLY STUPID SCHOOL'S INTERNET CONNECTS ME to this forum and it bluntantly refuse to upload.... *growls*

so sorry for the delay.

here's the characters for you based on what you want and the songs you matched them with.

... oh for the....
DA Page me anytime for job offers *_*

Keitsu Han'ei
Regular

#19 Post by Keitsu Han'ei »

just when the technician finished fixing it and i was happily posting about the characters that i finished editing on the mac and was just THIS itsy bitsy close to showit...

the mac blackout, busted, died..... you know... kick the bucket on me.

and... and the mac can't be used and i have yet transfered the file to my drive...

holy AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

so... i'll be showing you a sad excuse of my work.......

*hands you real rotten tomatoes*

i swear... this is the first time i despise the macs so much that i want to nuclear bomb it.

grrr.....

yo from the library...
Attachments
DSC02112.JPG
DSC02111.JPG
DSC02110.JPG

Keitsu Han'ei
Regular

#20 Post by Keitsu Han'ei »

ok first character.

*squints* SARAH

((*spasms with glee that the images got through*))

i wasn't too sure about what gal-type you're refering to (i assume you are refering to country girl type) and the song that you linked her to sounds very... mother like.
so, i intermixed country and mother, giving her orange brown hair and gentle features. not a very boisterous gal, more like a gentle gal.

then we have... mathew.
(my friend screams WHY is his name mathew lol)
his songs screams angst angst angst and i can't helpp but give him long hair fluttering against the wind. but can adjust his hair to short is not a prob. but i have a good laugh when i heard the song.
very pale (on the sickly side), black purple hair.

ok... next is luke... right? *stares*
oh this is classic.... i created the other characters first and when i come to him, i was kind of downright sick of sad, melancholy songs and his just takes the cake.
it reminds me of joey from 'friends' with his "How YOU doing?" with every pretty female on earth.
with a cowboy hat.
(but i was very tempted to stick some hairy chin to get a kick out of it)
blondblondblond!

ok, hello weasel harvey.
the song is cute... but he isn't supposed to be ugly (hoooo.....) but he doesn't seem to match the song. so, i plan to rub out his eyes (now you see 'em, now you don't). so only at his cool moments, you'll see the eyes.
he fits the mwahahaha role. brown hair.

eh.... clarice.
rei ayanami role? i'll give you one albino. a girl who is so cold and always have a blank face.

lastly... monica.
you give me serious... but the song tells me otherwise >_>.
i gave her a longing, melancholy features. deep black hair. fair-skinned.

if there's some changes you want... tell me quick. with mac being such a biatch and BOY am i looking forward for the holiday to do proper work on my laptop, tell me qui----ck >O<

so sorry about the delay.

btw... how many pose you want? or are you planning to do something similar to the http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1933?

mokenju1
Regular

#21 Post by mokenju1 »

No, don't worry. All of them are quite in character (especially Sarah, you have given her a lovely face :wink: ). They look really good.

And about facial animations, it would look great but I suppose it would be very time demanding so it's up to you :roll: .
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"
Unfinished Projects: "Dear Friend, Secret Lover"

Ignosco
Veteran

#22 Post by Ignosco »

Those sketches look excellent :)

Mokenju, would it be possible for me to do another proofreading of the script? I'm not sure that I did a very good job of it the first time :oops: and I didn't mark in where the corrections were...

Ignosco

mokenju1
Regular

#23 Post by mokenju1 »

Ignosco wrote:Those sketches look excellent :)

Mokenju, would it be possible for me to do another proofreading of the script? I'm not sure that I did a very good job of it the first time :oops: and I didn't mark in where the corrections were...

Ignosco
Of course, I'll upload the script in a couple of minutes :wink: .
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"

mokenju1
Regular

#24 Post by mokenju1 »

The script (and music).
Last edited by mokenju1 on Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ignosco
Veteran

#25 Post by Ignosco »

Thanks :), it might take me a week or so to get it done. Hopefully it shouldn't be that long though...

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by DaFool »

Wish I could draw as good as that...

Keitsu Han'ei
Regular

#27 Post by Keitsu Han'ei »

front profile? 3/4 profile?

erm... want the characters to be seen until the sholders or waist?

Keitsu Han'ei
Regular

#28 Post by Keitsu Han'ei »

question: how do you view rpy format? =_= whoa boy.

thanks dafool... :oops: :o

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#29 Post by PyTom »

Open the .rpy file in a text editor. I recommend the scite editor that comes with Ren'Py.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mokenju1
Regular

#30 Post by mokenju1 »

Keitsu Han'ei wrote:front profile? 3/4 profile?

erm... want the characters to be seen until the sholders or waist?
Hmmm... well, If I can choose, I actually prefer that they are seen until the waist. Because this way arms and hand can add a lot to the facial expresions :wink: . The only bad thing about that is that they have to be proportionated to the backgrounds (with showing only the face you don't have to worry about that and you can have more freedom drawing the backgrounds).