Kaiser: Blade of the Soul -> Game project

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Otaku Dash
Veteran

Kaiser: Blade of the Soul -> Game project

#1 Post by Otaku Dash »

Hi there ^_^ ! I tried Tales of Lemma 1 and since i loved it i decided to join this forum. The reason i'm posting here is about a game idea that i have but since i don't have much programing skillz and my drawing ( Learning how to draw manga) is still a bit bad, i decided to post here so that i could get some opinions on this.

My idea is a Ren ai novel witn the name Kaiser: Blade of the emperor. The game is a mixure of adventure action that is on a 2d isométric view (i know most of games use 3d view or frame view). Th history fall on Ryu Shimazaki, a young student that recieves by mail a strange sword from his grandfather. Ryu will face the serious problems that involve metting mysterious girls, a ninja gang, and the corrupted Levidan organization (i'll put more detail on this foward). There is going to a battle sistem that includes something called anger gauge. The anger gauge is used when you perform super mover with your weapons (primary weapon is The Kaiser blade that Ryu's grandfather sent).

Lets see this scene:

Ryu is on a street in the night with his friend Mayumi and some street punks appear to rob them....

Ryu:

1- Stand back i'll take care of this!!!
2- I'll protect you Mayumi!
3- There is too many of them...
4 - Let's get the heck out of here!!!!!

(acording to your choice Mayumis affection will rise for Ryu - affecting his anger gauge and super moves)

Mayumi will be present in battle and Ryu will have to protect her (note: some girls may help while others will not)

If mayumi is hit or Ryu is hit baddly his anger metter will rise...

I think you guys got the picture. :) The game is going to be large and have many alternative finals... but since this is just a base idea i'm still minimizing the flaws and doing the story board....

I know this is few info but i'll come out with some things. So what do you think? :D
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: Kaiser: Blade of the Soul -> Game project

#2 Post by mikey »

Otaku Dash wrote:The game is going to be large and have many alternative finals...
It's certainly nice to see something as exotic as your story and gameplay are going to be, but let me be the first one to tell you what you will be hearing the most: The game project is too large. I assume this is going to be your first game - why not make a short intro story about Ryu or some background on one of the girls first? Then, you'll see the scope of things awaiting you. Take a look at Lemma's game-making tips, the now-legendary document that inspired millions (well, I might be exaggerating...). http://www.lemmasoft.net/renai/tips.htm

Wish you luck!

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#3 Post by Otaku Dash »

Thx for the reply! (loved your game! hope to see more of you from the future :D) After giving it much though, i concluded that you're right. The project is a bit big for the first one, making it seem impossible to do with my skillz...

I'll first come out with a storyline (that propably i'll put some here) and some of the girls info...

I'm thinking of turning the game into small episodes for kepping track of it and to making it easy.

I'll come back with detail about the first episode "The blade of mystery"
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#4 Post by rioka »

Hey Otaku Dash! It's good to hear there's more people interested in making bishoujo games. ^_^
If you ever need help at the drawing end, I have some tutorials up you can check out here.
Good luck with your project! It sounds interesting, btw, particularly that unique fighting system.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#5 Post by Otaku Dash »

Heh! Thx Eclipse. I'll use them wiselly. :wink: :D

I've been training my drawing skillz since i'm learning from a collection i'm making called "how to draw manga" (hope this helps me :p).

Also i've been having a thought about the music....i have some E-Jay beats made by me that sound cool. However E-Jay is too much limited...so i'm trying to get the hang of Fruity Loops Studio 4 to make some music.... once i get something done i'll tell you guys about it :wink: