[Update 27/9] simplicity [KN, GxB, BxG, Fluff]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Hiddlestoners
Regular
Completed: Thinking Of You [KN]
Projects: PERPLEXITY [Mystery VN], simplicity [KN,Fluff,GxB,BxG]

[Update 27/9] simplicity [KN, GxB, BxG, Fluff]

#1 Post by Hiddlestoners »

Ohai this is my small project to get used to programming and shizz orz. I will still be working on PERPLEXITY as well as other stuff.../shot

SETTING

Set in a typical high school, this is a story about a boy and a girl and what happens when they fall in love.
This story is the beginning of their time together and begins in their last year of high school.
It is written in third person, but usually follows from the girl.

STORY

Jayden is the new student in Penny's class. Unsurprisingly to the rest of the class, she has volunteered to help Jayden on his feet around the place.

CHARACTERS

Main:
Penny

The female MC in this story. She's clumsy and ditzy, but still loveable nevertheless. She has two best friends, Marina and Sandy, who love her to bits and protect her since she's too nice for her own good. Easily misled and taken advantage of, some people think she's fake, always trying to do her best so she's hated by some. However, she tries to ignore these said people and carry on with her life.
Very helpful and cheery, even though she looks young for her age. Jayden mistakes her for a middle schooler when he first starts.

Jayden

The male MC in this story. He's aloof and carefree...which is what he'll tell you if he's asked to describe himself. He's basically a lazy person. He does things because he needs to, not because he wants to. He lives in an apartment with his younger brother, who does everything for him, thus he has become a dependent person. He first thought that Penny was fake as well before he soon realises that that's just her personality.

Side:
Marina
One of Penny's BFFs. She likes to take charge, but tends to forget important things such as her lunch. A bit tsundere since she acts tough on the outside but absolutely dotes on Penny.

Sandy
The other BFF of Penny. She's a bubbly girl and likes cute, small things like herself - probably why she took a shine on Penny. Is somewhat popular, so she managed to grab a spot on the Student Council. Her uniform is custom-made after blackmailing the Headteacher - what with is a complete mystery.

Tom
Jayden's younger brother. Absolutely loves his brother and does everything for him. A bit possessive, probably due to the fact that their parents work overseas all the time so he only has his brother. Doesn't like Penny since he believes she'll take Jayden away from him.

QUESTIONS
1. What does to expect from the game? My first time writing fluff - I usually read it olol.
2. From reading the info on the characters, who does you like the most and why?
3. Would anyone like to be the sprite artist? No payment though orz /shot
4. Since it's a KN, I'm not keen on releasing a demo, but would anyone think it would be best to have a demo released?

WRITING SAMPLE
"This story is set in a normal high school. Living life peacefully, one girl and one boy meet and fall in love."
"This is just the story of their beginning."
"What happens in the future...well, it's up to them."
"For now, let's start with their meeting and carry on from there. Overcoming the hardships of daily life, soon they will realise that once they fall in love they can overcome these small things...together."
n "This girl is Penny. She's a typical high school girl - life is difficult as the last year before she enters university draws upon her but, hey, a girl can dream right? With her two bestest friends in the world though, she's managing her life quite well despite the evitable future."
n "Clusmy and ditzy in a loveable way, she's sometimes too nice, which causes her problems when meeting new people. Luckily though, those that stay on to be her friends are true and honest."
n "This guy is Jayden. New guy to the school, people find him...alienating. Let's be honest - he's different and people don't take to different people easily, especially when the person is a stranger. From the way he dresses, the things he eats and the way he talks - he's weird."
n "He's an aloof, carefree guy who doesn't talk unless necessary. Basically, he's lazy."
n "These two people come together due to compatible personalities. How? Well, let's get on with their story."
p "Ok! Tissues, pencil case, textbooks...all check! Time for a new day!"
p "Oops. Better call Sandy and wake her up before she oversleeps again...and I should bring an extra lunchbox today in case Marian didn't have time to make hers today."
p "Oh but what if she hasn't forgotten it..."
extend "I'll guess I'll give it to someone who has forgotten their lunch then, it's all good."
"She hummed to herself as she hurried out her room to wake the rest of her family."
j "...guess I'll be off then."
"Jayden scratched his head, yawned and left the room, securely locking the door behind him. He didn't want his brother snooping around - he especially didn't want his brother wondering why he hadn't unpacked anything yet."
"As he walked the rest of the way towards his new school, Jayden wondered why a little girl was hovering around the entrance of the high school wearing their uniform. He thought about asking before dismissing the idea."
j "(She's probably from the middle school section or something.)"
"He wandered off, looking around for the staffroom or office, the thought of asking someone for directions never crossing his mind."
x "So today we have a new transfer student. His name is Jayden."
"The teacher walked over to the door and opened it, beckoning a hulking figure in the hallway to enter."
CREDITS
Art: Fungii (/hands digi-cookies)
Writing/Programming: Hiddlestoners (Me! :D)
Logo: Deji (/hands digi-cookies)
BGs: k-after.at.webry.info/
BGM & SFX: -
Last edited by Hiddlestoners on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

Hiddlestoners
Regular

Re: simplicity - love is a natural thing [KN, GxB, BxG, Fluf

#2 Post by Hiddlestoners »

p "Hi! My name's Penny."
"Jayden stared at the little girl before her; this was a high school student? She looked like a lost lamb in the midst of a pack of wolves."
j "..."
p "What is it? Is there something on my face?"
"The girl quickly reached up and rubbed furiously at her face. Jayden watched this little scene before he slowly shook his head."
p "Oh...then what is it?"
j "...you're a high school student?"
p "Yes...I know I don't look it do I? These clothes don't really help..."
"She looked away and picked at the frills of her dress. Jayden cocked his head to the side and wondered what had her so flustered."
j "I think...it looks cute on you."
/sneaks away and lurks about
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

Hiddlestoners
Regular

Re: [Update 25/9] simplicity [KN, GxB, BxG, Fluff]

#3 Post by Hiddlestoners »

New logo by Deji!
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: [Update 27/9] simplicity [KN, GxB, BxG, Fluff]

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

If you don't mind me asking, is there anything notable about your setting? It sounds like it's happening roughly present-day... but let us know any details about the place the story occurs in, and any events that might be happening. For instance, it sounds like the central school has a mandatory uniform or dress policy. Why is this?
Hiddlestoners wrote: QUESTIONS
1. What does to expect from the game? My first time writing fluff - I usually read it olol.
4. Since it's a KN, I'm not keen on releasing a demo, but would anyone think it would be best to have a demo released?
1. A straightforward and down-to-earth story. I don't expect many plot twists, or too much drama or comedy.
2. I'm not a younger sibling, but I think that I can identify with Tom. I can be surprisingly possessive about my real life friends.
4. If you are willing to release a small amount of your story, then it will help us see how your characters will interact. It seems they have normal wants and needs, and that they already have a few life experiences. Let's see how they act around each other.

Hiddlestoners
Regular

#5 Post by Hiddlestoners »

gekiganwing wrote:If you don't mind me asking, is there anything notable about your setting? It sounds like it's happening roughly present-day... but let us know any details about the place the story occurs in, and any events that might be happening. For instance, it sounds like the central school has a mandatory uniform or dress policy. Why is this?
Hiddlestoners wrote: QUESTIONS
1. A straightforward and down-to-earth story. I don't expect many plot twists, or too much drama or comedy.
2. I'm not a younger sibling, but I think that I can identify with Tom. I can be surprisingly possessive about my real life friends.
4. If you are willing to release a small amount of your story, then it will help us see how your characters will interact. It seems they have normal wants and needs, and that they already have a few life experiences. Let's see how they act around each other.
Thank you for your feedback!
About the setting - yes, it is set in an everyday high school; there is no mandatory uniform though. When Penny picks at the frills of her dress, it is for the casual clothes that she has come to school in bit hard to imagine without images but when if I get the concepts down it'll be easier to understand xD
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#6 Post by WickedRaccoon »

hmmm,this sounds interesting.so i will keep an eye on for more updates
also:
1.i expect it to be a simple yet cute love story
2.i think jayden,cause there are times when i become miss lazy-bum and feel forced to do even the most simple things i'm asked to do >_<
4.i'm not sure about that,since it's a KN.i'd say wait for full release

Hiddlestoners
Regular

#7 Post by Hiddlestoners »

@WickedRaccoon Thank you for the feedback! Yeah, I don't think I'll release a demo since it's a KN so wait for the full release! :D
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#8 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Hiddlestoners wrote:@WickedRaccoon Thank you for the feedback! Yeah, I don't think I'll release a demo since it's a KN so wait for the full release! :D
ok cool.will wait for release day then! ^^

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#9 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Awkward moment when I dated a guy called Jayden lol.
This looks good. Will be keeping an eye on it. :D

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#10 Post by WickedRaccoon »

aloha hiddles,what's up? ^_^ i'm here to ask the obvious : updates? :'D ../shoot

Hiddlestoners
Regular

#11 Post by Hiddlestoners »

WickedRaccoon wrote:aloha hiddles,what's up? ^_^ i'm here to ask the obvious : updates? :'D ../shoot
Ohai :3 Updates; things are slow Dx There is progress, as in I'm making do with the script and fleshing it out, but there isn't anything close to starting concepts for the character sprites. But that can always come at a later date :3
ENOSHIMA BOWL!