deadlyS7NS [Dating Sim][BxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ShiroXIX
Regular
Projects: deadlyS7NS
Organization: XIX

deadlyS7NS [Dating Sim][BxB]

#1 Post by ShiroXIX »

This is a story that's been in progress for a LONG time and only just now found it's perfect place as an otome/ren'ai game. The characters are really well developed, despite my difficulty with writing short blurbs for them, and some of the opening script has been written up. I'm hoping that this game will end up as a quick play-through with lots of different options to keep things fun and exciting. I know some of the themes will probably be frowned upon (namely incest) but I've seen enough of the otaku and yaoi fandoms to know that this will at least cater to SOME people. Maybe I'll even implement an option to turn the incest off and narrow the choices down to the four.

QUESTIONS:
-Would you play this game?
-What features would you like to see in this game?
-Would you be interested in working on this game?
-Just for fun: Favorite character?

Anyway, here's my idea for now. Perhaps when I finish the opener before you branch off into paths I'll post a transcript of that as well. Working on it slowly but surely! * A*

//DEADLY S7NS//

WARNINGS: Yaoi/BL, adult themes, questionable content, language, drug use
Possible Dates: 7, each with separate paths and two possible endings

Rayven Taucchisuea has a problem: he falls in love WAY too easily, even with those with whom he KNOWS he shouldn't. After spending the majority of his life with strong crushes on everyone from his brothers to his best friends, he knows it's about time for him to act on it. All that he needs is a little push in the right direction. With seven choices to choose from, Rayven's sins know almost no bound-- well, that is until he notices a pattern. Each of his choices is an indulgence in one sin or another. Which will he fall victim to?

//CHARACTERS//

MAIN CHARACTER: RAYVEN TAUCCHISUEA
male, 23, hopeless

Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 163 lbs

Rayven Elijah Taucchisuea has spent his whole life being overly affectionate to those around him. He's a huge flirt, but mostly just a sweet, gentle person who craves a lot of attention. His interests include modern art, video games, the possibility of being a parent, and food. He's also a bit of a chain smoker, and not all of it is tobacco, much to his brother's chagrin. He is a hemophiliac, so he takes care not to hurt himself, making him a careful person.

FAUX TACCHISUEA
male, 23, serious business
Hair: Red
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 172 lbs
Sin: Pride

Faux Ezekiel Taucchisuea is Rayven's Irish twin, meaning that they were born 9 months apart. He suffers from COPD, which makes him quiet and reserved, often refraining from much physical activity. Heir to the Taucchisuae's family restaurant, he's become quite obsessed with his duties and has turned into somewhat of a work-a-holic since the passing of his parents. He is a very talented individual and enjoys sculpting and painting, his original career plan before the family business was pushed on him. After a troubled childhood, the details of which have been hidden from Rayven, his people skills are pretty poor. Broody, depressing and self-absorbed, it's a wonder Rayven has any interest in him.

RANDY ESTEVEZ
male, 22, flirty
Hair: Caramel blonds and browns
Eyes: Grey
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 160 lbs
Sin: Sloth

Randall Santiago Estevez has been Faux and Rayven's best friend since the three of them were in pre-school. Fun-loving, boisterous and motherly, Randy has become somewhat of a mom for the Taucchisuas since he started living with them at 16. Kicked out by his parents for having a relationship with Rayven back in high school, he easily found a place living with his best friends. He went to the same school as the Taucchisueas and studied to be a culinary major and now works as the head chef for the restaurant. His passions include sports, cooking, and lazing around.

CALEB THOMAS
male, 17, cutesy

Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 136 lbs
Sin: Lust

Caleb Liam Thomas was homeless for most of his life. Rayven found him just barely hanging on inside of a subway station bathroom and opted to take him home with him. Nursing him back to health and giving him the home he never had, it's no wonder their relationship blossomed, despite the age gap. Caleb enjoys ice-cream, fashion, and sketching. He was recently scouted out by a modeling agency and has since spent less and less time around the house. Everyone is suspicious that he may be seeing someone else, after all, model/photographer relationships are pretty common.

HAWK TAUCCHISUAE
male, 19, punk

Hair: Blue
Eyes: Amber
Height: 6'00"
Weight: 145 lbs
Sin: Gluttony

Orphaned at the age of 15, Hawk Ezra Taucchisuea moved in with his brothers who ended up raising him. With the lack of proper direction he soon turned to drugs and other questionable habits and now spends most of his time in his room in the attic totally strung out. Outside of drugs, his hobbies include playing the guitar, attending parties, and designing tattoos. He's possibly the most easy-going of his house-mates, and even though he technically has a position in the restaurant as a waiter, he hasn't showed up for more than two or three days at a time.

DONOVAN LAWRENCE
male, 25, calm

Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 166 lbs
Sin: Envy

Donovan Galen Lawrence is Faux's current boyfriend. A law student and a fan of the family's restaurant, Donovan met Faux during one of his lunch breaks, and while he doesn't live with the Taucchisueas he spends quite a lot of time in the house. Quiet and gentle, he is somewhat of a nice calm break from the usually chaotic household. He is most commonly found reading or jogging and seems to enjoy time to himself. He is studying to be a defense lawyer.

WULF TAUCCHISUEA
male, 32, reclusive

Hair: Ash Grey
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 155 lbs
Sin: Rage

Victim of a train accident at 17, Wulf Eli Taucchisuea is missing both his right arm and leg. Ostracized from his family for unknown reasons at 20, most of the Taucchisueas never see their oldest brother. Due to his inability to properly take care of himself, Wulf developed pernicious anemia, resulting in the color of his hair and his constant fatigue. Raven has a close bond with him and often travels to visit him. He works as a web designer and advertising agent, and enjoys programming, building models and oddly enough, trains. Closed off and shy, he's hard to get to open up, but values Rayven very much, doing everything within his power to keep his brother happy.

ZEPHYR HUNT
male, 22, cheery

Hair: Chestnut
Eyes: Hazel and Green (Complete Heterochromia)
Height: 6'00"
Weight: 167 lbs
Sin: Greed

Zephyr Apollo Hunt is a humble computer repairman who just got back from a trip around the world, collecting instruments and trying to become cultured. Found in a bar and someone Rayven hasn't known for years, he's a breath of fresh air in the gaggle of men to choose from. An audiophile and a computer genius, Zephyr likes to compose music in his free time. He's cheery, optimistic and a free spirit-- much as his name implies.

//MINOR AND ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS//

CAT TAUCCHISUEA
female, 29, chipper

Hair: Strawberry Blond
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 145 lbs

Cat Seraphim Taucchisuae is Rayven's sister and confidant. Indifferent to his strange affection for everyone, she often encourages him to do whatever makes him happiest. Her own love life is full of disappointment as boyfriend after boyfriends comes into her life with promise only to leave her a few months later. A single mother of three kids, she should be too busy for Rayven's shenanigans, however, her heart of gold keeps her by his side... or maybe it's just because she likes the drama.

ROBYN TAUCCHISUEA
female, 26, bitch

Height: 5'8
Weight: 136 lbs

Largely absent from her siblings lives, Robyn Prisca Taucchisuea distances herself from the family. She may, however, have some information that Rayven needs.

CHARLIE EVERGREEN
female, 18, irresponsible

Hair: Blue
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 139 lbs

Hawk's girlfriend and a terrible influence on him, Charlie Anthony Evergreen isn't exactly welcomed warmly into the house, especially by Faux. She's overprotective and possessive of her new toy, and while she isn't well-liked, she DOES seem to make the youngest, broodiest member of the Taucchisuea family smile.

//this list will probably be added to as the story is written
Progress:
Story: 100%
Script: 6%
Characters: 95%
Sprites: 0%
BGs: 0%
CGs: 0%
GUI: 0%
Programming: 0%
Music: 50%
OVERALL: 20% complete
Last edited by ShiroXIX on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.

MiSi
Veteran
Completed: Santa
Projects: On Grey Wings, The Master's Call, Shadowborn ...while having many more in mind ;)

Re: Deadly S7NS [Modern Romance][BxB][WIP!]

#2 Post by MiSi »

So far I like the idea and the characters seem well developed, too. Looking forward to see some sprites ;)

ShiroXIX
Regular

Re: Deadly S7NS [Modern Romance][BxB][WIP!]

#3 Post by ShiroXIX »

Awesome! While it isn't one of the characters from this game (I haven't drawn them in AGES), here's an example of my art:

Last edited by ShiroXIX on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShiroXIX
Regular

Re: Deadly S7NS [Modern][Romance][BxB][WIP!]

#4 Post by ShiroXIX »

EDIT: Here's a rough draft of one of the first scenes:
]Ray: It’s a busy day at Firenze. I’ve been working at the restaurant since I was little, but I still have times like this when I’m BAFFLED by the sheer volume of people that come in.
Ray: Ever since my parents died and the restaurant was handed over to my brother, Faux, it seems like our attendance has doubled!
Ray: Maybe it’s because he’s been doing some advertising in the papers, or maybe it’s because he changed so many things that it’s hardly my parent’s restaurant anymore.
Ray: Regardless, it’s a good thing to have busy nights like this! It keeps me on my toes anyway… even if I am pretty exhausted.
Ray: Balancing trays of steaming Italian food for my customers, memorizing orders— I know I’m just supposed to be the co-owner and a waiter, but I often find myself doing everything I can for our customers.
Ray: I’m not sure if it’s because I care about them or if it’s because I want to make my parents proud… They died before I could do anything to really impress them, so maybe it’s my way of keeping them with me.
Ray: Just as I set a bowl of zita before a well dressed business man, my pager vibrates at my hip, informing me that a set of new guests have walked through the door.
Ray: Bowing a little and thanking him, I return to my original position, and the one that’s technically in my job description: Host!
Ray: Smiling, I do my best to recollect myself and look relaxed and calm, as expected of our high-end establishment.
Ray: “Welcome to Firenze~ Do you have a res—”
Ray: My voice catches as I realize just who it is that’s entered the restaurant and I give my sister a wide grin.
Ray: “Cat!”
Cat: Rayven!
Ray: She perks, giving me a jaunty wave and I return the gesture a bit more modestly.
Ray: “What are you doing here?”
Cat: Well the kids are all out with friends so I had the night off and thought I’d treat myself.
Ray: I frown. Treating herself means that something happened with her boyfriend… They probably got in a fight.
Ray: “…”
Ray: Not wanting to bring it up while she seems to be in a good mood, I seat her and move off to get her a drink.
Ray: It’s kind of an unspoken rule that family and friends take a back seat to our customers. Cat nods to show that she doesn’t mind waiting as I rush off to help a few other guests.

Ray: After about 20 minutes I’m sent on break and finally get a second to relax. Bringing a plate of food for both Cat and myself, I settle into her booth and sigh.
Cat: Rough night?
Ray: “Yeah… though Fridays are always like this.”
Cat: I bet… glad I made sure to stay as far away from it as possible.
Ray: We both chuckle and begin to work on our food. It only takes a few minutes before my resolve is broken and I have to ask about what happened.
Ray: “So uhh… where’s your boyfriend?”
Ray: As she sighs, my assumptions are confirmed and I try my hardest to look sympathetic.
Cat: David? Ugh, can we not talk about it. He dumped me. Again…
Ray: “I’m sorry…”
Cat: Don’t worry about it. I think I’m giving up on men— but I don’t want to talk about this. How are you and Caleb?
Ray: Caleb? I feel the hair bristle on the back of my neck.
Ray: “Well, he got picked up by that modeling crew so I haven’t seen a whole lot of him recently. I kind of miss him, but…”
Cat: “But?”
Ray: “—but maybe it’s time I try someone else for a while. I mean, I love him, but recently he’s been so distant… you know?”
Cat: Maybe you’re right, but you two have been together for a long time… are you sure?
Ray: I sigh. I’m don't know how 'sure' I am of anything. I just want to be happy. Not that I’m unhappy with Caleb, he just seems so bored with me.
Ray: “I don’t know, Cat… I just want something simple, something to make me happy.”
Cat: Well maybe it is time you got back on your dating feet. You’re 23, it’s time to have adventures and seek out that person you want to settle down and have kids with.
Ray: Says my sister who has three kids from two different fathers. I decide to hold my tongue on that subject.
Ray: “Yeah, I thought that would be Caleb, but it looks like someone else is in order. Where do I even start?”
Cat: Haha, I don’t know, Ray-ray. Just get out there and look. You’ll find someone. You’re bound to~ You’re my little brother and you’re so sweet. I’m sure that special guy is right around the corner!
Ray: As if to actually find him, I crane my neck to peak around the corner, only for my eyes to meet with an elderly man. Shuddering a little, I look back to Cat and chuckle.
Ray: She cranes to see and the two of us explode into laughter. It’s quickly interrupted by the sound of my phone’s alarm signaling the end of my break.
Ray: “Ah, looks like I’ve got to get back to work. Enjoy your food and I’ll see you around, okay?”
Cat: Okay, bye Ray~ Take care of yourself!
Ray: There’s not much more I can do than nod as I run back to the time-clock to punch in. She’s given me a lot to think about. Maybe it’s time I moved on… Where to, though? Head buzzing with questions about my relationships, the rest of my shift zooms by.

Aedin
Regular

#5 Post by Aedin »

I'm really looking forward to this. Your characters sound entertaining and unique, the plot is original, your art work is gorgeous, and your writing sample showed a lot of talent. Also, I love the last name, though I've been sitting her for five minutes trying to figure out how to pronounce it.

I really like the idea of each guy having one of the Seven Deadly Sins. I've seen that in some game a while ago, but you've put a unique twist on it. Your character's are well developed, and I think it will be interesting to see how everything unfolds, since everyone has such a close relationship. That would make for some interesting jealousy scenes especially if you try to break up Donovan and Faux. I'm wondering if it's safe to assume that every romance option is gay and open to a relationship with Rayven, or do you have to woo a straight man and make him love you?

So I'll be keeping a close eye on this and rooting for you.
"There’s no shame in pleasure, Mr. Gray. You see, man just wants to be happy, but society wants him to be good. And when he’s good, man is rarely happy, and when he’s happy he is always good."

ShiroXIX
Regular

#6 Post by ShiroXIX »

Aedin: * A* YOU ARE SO SWEET, LET ME HUG YOU! <333

First off, all those compliments! ; A; my egooo... especially the art compliment! Thank you!!
As for the last name, it's pronounced tao-CHI-swuh, or as Faux says "tao-CHI-su-ah". It's actually something the brothers argue about. It's supposed to be vaguely Italian, but I totally made it up 10 years ago when I was 14. It stuck too much for me to try and make it more... acceptable later down the line.

About the sins comment: It was kind of a last minute addition that ended up shaping the game from a pretty boring slice-of-life to something I can be proud of! o u o Donovan's sin is Envy, meaning that yes, his particular path in the game is full of a lot of angsty jealousy.

As for gay to straight ratio? Uhh... Hawk. Hawk is the one straight option. However, he's too easy-going for that to hinder him. When it comes to difficulty, Faux is actually the hardest to get because of all of the opposition he has: "I'm your brother. = A=" "What about Donovan..." "I have all of this work to do..."
Donovan is similar, but he has his reasons. His path is actually pretty sad.

Wulf and Zephyr are also easy to miss. If you don't choose certain options in the game, you never even run into them.

Thank you so much for all the compliments and support! I'll try to have sprites up soon, but writing this is really fun and I've been so busy with my job that drawing time is scarce.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#7 Post by Obscura »

Holy shit this looks cool. I love the way you draw!!!! So jealous! The whole story has a lot of energy and seems very rambunctious. Am looking forward to this!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Hiddlestoners
Regular
Completed: Thinking Of You [KN]
Projects: PERPLEXITY [Mystery VN], simplicity [KN,Fluff,GxB,BxG]

#8 Post by Hiddlestoners »

Such purdy art *A* And it's a BxB? Hell yeah 8)
The story seems like a great idea and I'm liking the writing sample you put up! I'm going to stalk this yush!
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

ShiroXIX
Regular

#9 Post by ShiroXIX »

Ahh!! More compliments! Thank you guuuuyyyssss! ; A; <333 I honestly thought I would receive a lot of comments about how people DIDN'T like this idea. Eee! O u O <3

I added a few of the minor characters up there, just to show this game isn't completely devoid of estrogen!
X I X
n i n e t e e n
current project:
(20%)
check it out

Hiddlestoners
Regular

#10 Post by Hiddlestoners »

ShiroXIX wrote:female, 26, bitch
I love you.
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

ShiroXIX
Regular

#11 Post by ShiroXIX »

Randy: *cook, cook* So Rayven, let's play the word association game.
Rayven: *lol* Sure!
Randy: Faux.
Rayven: ...Sex.
Randy: *lol* I assumed... Randy!
Rayven: ...also sex?
Randy: ...hmm... how about-- Robyn!
Raven: Euuuugh!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?
Randy: Ahaha, because I like watching you squirm, so, what's the word?
Raven: Stupid bitch.
Randy: That's two words.
Raven: It NEEDS the modifier, dude!

...that's pretty much her defining characteristic.
X I X
n i n e t e e n
current project:
(20%)
check it out

Hiddlestoners
Regular

#12 Post by Hiddlestoners »

Paha xD So everyone but Robyn is sex yush. Thanks for clarifying xD
On another note, I'm loving your logo. I guess that 'Deadly S7NS' is the permanent title then? :3
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

Minnfae
Regular
Projects: Undecided

#13 Post by Minnfae »

I don't mind the adult themes/questionable content, but the characters and the art style are totally not my thing at all.
Good luck with your project though.
My avatar art is a freebie by SilverHyena. Thanks a lot!

ShiroXIX
Regular

#14 Post by ShiroXIX »

Hiddles: Yeah, it looked too good as the logo for me to want to change it... haha

Minnfae: Can I ask what's wrong with both things?
X I X
n i n e t e e n
current project:
(20%)
check it out

Minnfae
Regular
Projects: Undecided

#15 Post by Minnfae »

ShiroXIX wrote:Minnfae: Can I ask what's wrong with both things?
I said that they're not my taste, not that they're wrong. You can see by the other answers in this thread that other people like the same things I disliked.
My avatar art is a freebie by SilverHyena. Thanks a lot!