Elemental: The Princess of Avalon

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
RolePlayingGirlT4
Projects: Elemental: The Priestess of Avalon.
Organization: Samurai Otaku

Elemental: The Princess of Avalon

#1 Post by RolePlayingGirlT4 »

Hello everyone. This is my first Renpy game I'm set on finshing. I've just started planning last week and researching things I would need such as names with meaning to the characters and there personalitys and I also written a large brief on the story itself. So I am happy to say that I have started it.

Elemental is going to be a series of Renpy Games and the first one is 'The Princess of Avalon' it was originaly going to be 'The Priestess of Avalon' but the story has been changed slightly so it is now Elemental: The Princess of Avalon.

For my first post I am going to only have a brief introduction as I am worried my first creation and its storyline/characters will be stolen. I will post more nearer to when Most of it is done.

'Hana Summers is an Ophan who was found at the age of 5, by some nuns of the local catholic orphanage. She was found near the temples waterwall in a handmade blanket with the legand of king arthors Sword Excaliber nitted into it. She has not memories of who she is or of her past. The girl was named Hana Summers, because she was found in the summer and has a ying yang birthmark on her chest inside a larger birthmark of a flower. Now Hana is 16 years old and works part time at the local libary. On her way back home she goes to the waterfall to pray to meet her real family, once then she incounters a young man half cat and half human who calls himself CopyCat. Strangly enough he can predict everything someone will say which is why he was nicknamed CopyCat. His real name is Durriken, a Mystic from the realm of Avalon, who needs Hana's help stopping the evil Fallen Angel Raum. CopyCat takes her to the world of Elemental where she must find 5 young men who are the 5 elements she must collect the Element jewels to open the portal to Avalon and save everyone from Raum and the Crows'

There are 6 dateale guys and at least 13 characters to encounter

That is the my Offical Introduction for the game and I hope it is really helps you understand what type of game it will be.

- Vic, RolePlayingGirlT4 (Founder of Samurai Otaku)

MarineScripter
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi
Organization: Oceanic Eden Productions

Re: Elemental: The Princess of Avalon

#2 Post by MarineScripter »

Firstly, I doubt you have to worry too much about stealing as most people here are mature enough to generate their own good ideas.
Second, welcome! Your story sounds pretty good and I look forward to when you update this topic with pictures and more information. It's a bit surreal to suddenly group a Catholic convent, mystic waterfall, yin yang, and a library, though, but you also had an interesting simplicity with gathering the five.
Either way, looks interesting and I look forward to the updates.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

My first recommendation: focus on this story. Don't worry about sequels, spinoffs, or adaptations until the first story is finished and released.
RolePlayingGirlT4 wrote:...I am worried my first creation and its storyline/characters will be stolen...
It's possible that someone might take the ideas you've written down and create a similar story / game / visual novel. But it's not all that likely to happen. Most of us are creating freeware. We are not movie executives who are in a race to cash in on some hot story concept. (I'm thinking about the Pixar versus Dreamworks rivalry, which started almost fifteen years ago with their dueling movies A Bug's Life and Antz.) Please keep in mind that people who create imitations of others' works are usually called out, and the imitator usually gets bad publicity as a result.

Also, keep in mind that two people can take the same story concept and make two vastly different things. TVTropes' discussion on surprisingly similar stories (warning: site is highly addictive) is meant to be humorous, but it proves a point.
RolePlayingGirlT4 wrote:CopyCat takes her to the world of Elemental where she must find 5 young men who are the 5 elements she must collect the Element jewels to open the portal to Avalon and save everyone from Raum and the Crows'
Sounds like this will be the central conflict in your story. If this is what you intend to focus on, then think about the following:

* Do the guys already know their own significance? In other words, do they start the story aware that they have powers, and that they're capable of saving the world?

* Why are the jewels important? Are they innately good, evil, or neither? Can anyone use them?

* Can Durriken / CopyCat be trusted? Is he definitely good, or is he a potential villain? Likewise, is Raum definitely a villain, or could he become a sympathetic character?

* What sort of elements do you plan to use? Do they relate to a person's abilities, or to their personality?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

This sounds more like an idea than an actual WIP. As soon as you have a little more to show for the project, give me a quick note and I'll move it back to the WIP forum.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

RolePlayingGirlT4
Projects: Elemental: The Priestess of Avalon.
Organization: Samurai Otaku

#5 Post by RolePlayingGirlT4 »

Taleweaver wrote:This sounds more like an idea than an actual WIP. As soon as you have a little more to show for the project, give me a quick note and I'll move it back to the WIP forum.
Oh don't worry It's actually in progress right now, I've had it all planned out a few weeks ago, I'm just new to the site and didn't want to give it all away, is there anway it can stay in the WIP forum? I'm a little confused since It's in the progress already :?

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#6 Post by MaiMai »

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=13573 <-- THIS would be a good example of a WIP thread with some minimal content such as images and character summaries and portraits (the latter not being necessary, but at least expected in the future if you're really going to pull through with this project)
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)