Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Update: Recruitment!]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ImmaDeker
Regular
Organization: "Glycerine" by Bush

Re: Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Shogun Studios]

#16 Post by ImmaDeker »

I'm so excited for this game I'd put a ring on it!

Iarumas
Regular
Completed: Death Rule: Fear Complex -Standalone Edition- | Death Rule: lost code
Projects: Death Rule Series (MESI Games)
Organization: MESI Games

Re: Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Update:Oct. 15th]

#17 Post by Iarumas »

Hello again everyone. I'm proud to announce that all character concepts have been posted! Go and give them a look!

In other news, overall production has been going well, but the project is still looking for a BG artist and a colorist If you have any interest in the project at all and are willing to help or know anyone who may be able to help out, feel free to send me a PM.

Also, as a final note, hopefully I'll have some more story related things being sent your way soon and (no promises) possible a tech demo by the end of the year. If that ends up happening, it would be mostly to serve as a bug test for the timer and to gain a bit more feedback for future development. Before any of this can happen, I would really like to try and at least get some place holder backgrounds first (to pair with the concept art). From there, it would be ideal to move towards creating a proper demo with offical sprites and backgrounds for everyone to demo hopefully by next summer at the earliest. All this greatly depends on resources and the time it will take for everything to come together. Until then, I'll tease you with something new when I can.

Speaking of something new, as some of you may recalled reading on the first post that the game would feature a "Memoir Mode" (flashbacks of Liam and the others during high school). Well, I've been working on some scenario concepts and I may or may not end up releasing those in the form of text-filled PDFs soon.

So, as you can tell, I hope to have a lot of updates in the nearby future. Thank you everyone for your support so far!

Iarumas
Regular
Completed: Death Rule: Fear Complex -Standalone Edition- | Death Rule: lost code

Re: Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Update:Nov. 14th]

#18 Post by Iarumas »

Hey everyone. In case you somehow missed it, Terminal now has a logo! It's here and on the first post for everyone to view and enjoy and that's all thanks to Hijiri.
Also, new fanart by Soulfool and nero279 has been added. More fan art is expected soon.

The practice writing that I wrote earlier coming soon as well in the form of a downloadable PDF. As for progress made in game, everything is going great; I'm looking into a bit of the more technically coding and writing as I go.

Thank you for helping get Terminal over 1,000 thread views! As a thanks, I'll say this: For anyone who's wondering about a demo in the upcoming future, I can't promise any release dates, but I can say that an announcement will be coming very soon. Thanks again for all your support!

MusicaFate
Regular
Organization: Hime*Ko Productions

Re: Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Update:Nov. 17th]

#19 Post by MusicaFate »

~ I like this idea for this game, it should be more updated!!! It's so different from other novels xD, yet so similar.

I: that would suck if I had a sickness I didn't know about (because I don't live life to the fullest). It actually seems weird how the MC wouldn't know about his sickness because his sister has one too...I mean wouldn't he get checked out for such a think since his sister has it? I think he would have at least realized by this point, since o___o he seems really sick... orz. IDK. ~ Maybe the sickness he has strikes quickly.
You may want to have an item that enhances our time D: ... or decreases our time *A* or whatever *like that one card from Yugioh :D those dice thing~ ORZ.. aren't I so creative* ...

What kind of personality does the MC have... or is it up to us to decide?

You should try to describe the characters more and give them more life :D (because I don't know the personalities for like half these characters.)

D: Will the illness be revealed... >_< .. ? And um... D: how many endings are there gunna be ?

Well good luck with your project :) I'm looking forward to this one~ I'll be stalking you!!
Free Artist. :) PM ME ?~

Iarumas
Regular

Re: Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Update:Nov. 17th]

#20 Post by Iarumas »

@MusicaFate: Thank you for the feedback on Terminal. To answer your questions and address your comments:
You may want to have an item that enhances our time D: ... or decreases our time
To which I say there will be many in-game items to unlock for this purpose. As time goes along (as well as development), I plan on revealing a few of the items on the thread alongside of other content and updates.
You should try to describe the characters more and give them more life :D (because I don't know the personalities for like half these characters.)
I'll be updating the character descriptions soon. Also note that the full game will also feature in-game character bios as well.
D: Will the illness be revealed... >_< .. ? And um... D: how many endings are there gunna be ?
To your first question: If you mean will Liam eventually find out about his illness, then I can say there's a good chance. If the exact illness will be revealed, then I can only say "maybe" for now. To your second question: I currently have a number of "branch paths" planned out and I will be revealing more details on these whenever I get around to releasing some sort of demo (maybe soon?).

To conclude, I will be updating some content that needs it and reveal other content in the nearby future. When it comes to the game's in-game timer, I will aim to be as flexible with the system as possible in order to create a unique and working system. I hope to release a sort of late Christmas/New Year's gift I had briefly mentioned before soon and provide everyone with a few more details on that demo I talked about earlier. Keep an eye out for that the next time I post.

Iarumas
Regular

Re: Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Update: Demo Soon!]

#21 Post by Iarumas »

I know it's been a while, but it's finally update time! First off, you may now download The World of Terminal, a small set of short stories and practice writings that I'm releasing in order to help provide a background for some of the key characters in Terminal. (and this way I can hopefully get some writing feedback XD) If you find any typos, feel free to send me a PM and I'll address the issue as soon as I can. My second piece of news is bound to cause some excitement in anyone craving some demo related news.

I am proud to announce the Terminal Tech Demo will be seeing a release date very, very soon! When exactly is it coming out? Well, just keep an eye on the time, if you know what I mean.

The countdown has officially begun.

Iarumas
Regular

Re: Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Update: Demo Soon!]

#22 Post by Iarumas »

Iarumas again with a special Terminal update! While it's not the Tech Demo just yet, it is something neat. I invite anyone interested to visit Terminal's new IRC chat at #Terminal-VN! You can come in and talk about the characters, ask about the stories, provide feedback to me (if I happen to be around) or even toss around some ideas for the game. Also, it's worth noting that this room will be used for special events in the future, so don't miss out.

Iarumas
Regular

Re: Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Update: Demo Out!]

#23 Post by Iarumas »

Alright guys, Iarumas here. I am both excited and proud to announce that the Terminal Tech Demo is now available to download and try first-hand! The download link is at the bottom of this post!
Features:
*A real-time timer: Experience a new level of immersion in visual novels thanks to the timer coded by jw2pfd.
*6 paths: Get a sneak preview at the branch paths to be featured in the full version of Terminal
*Custom GUI: Made by MESI Games' Hijiri
*Sprites: Made by the truly talented Yen-Dragon.

Additional Details:
*Features an ending that requires the timer to run out (if you are having trouble getting this ending, simply start the game and advance the text so that the music is playing and wait a little while; it shouldn't take too long from there)
*Please note that while the timer is present in this demo, the text skipping has been maintained for the purpose of this demo
*After looking at all 6 endings, be sure to revisit the campaign at least one more time...

Also, you may download an updated version of The World of Terminal below.

Downloads:
Attachments
Terminal [Tech Demo]-all.zip
(36.9 MiB) Downloaded 205 times
The World of Terminal.pdf
"The World of Terminal" short stories collection [Additional edits by Jod_ and TrickWithAKnife]
(429.34 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

Re: Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Update: Demo Out!]

#24 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Got it. Will let you know how it works in awhile.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Iarumas
Regular

Re: Terminal [Real-Time Visual Novel][Update: Recruitment!]

#25 Post by Iarumas »

The recruitment thread is now open! Be sure to stop be and read about the available spots to find out how you can join Shogun Studios and help out in make Terminal. Thank you for your interest and support.