To Think [KN] - Complete

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
LiftMySpirit
Completed: To Think
Projects: To Think - version 2
Organization: Raspberry Quill
Tumblr: OrchidBlossoms
Deviantart: CherryBlossomBooks

To Think [KN] - Complete

#1 Post by LiftMySpirit »

Title: To Think
type: kinetic novel
Reading time: 10 minutes or so
Recommended Item to Have: 1 small mirror
Word Count: Under 250 words (243 words, total)

The story is told through 'the narrator' - Ruri - who leads you through the short little story. The narrator, who happens to be named Ruri, will explain you've undergone some changes. This is where the mirror will come in. It actually asks the reader to check themselves for a few things using the mirror. Perhaps eye color, perhaps not. You would have to read and see. It continues on from there.
Choose to figure out the mystery of what the truth is behind it.
Or, choose not to participate in it at all.
It's all up to you.
-- Character --
The Narrator: Ruri

-- Notes --
Statistics:
The game contains 28 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 243 words,
for an average of 8.7 words per screen.

-- Downloads --
Download available.

See here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=17811
Last edited by LiftMySpirit on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:45 am, edited 12 times in total.

mj67ai
Regular
Projects: FatexHeart

Re: [WIP] To Think

#2 Post by mj67ai »

Being a comic artist/ game designer/ character designer.... I feel I (or anyone else willing to work on this with you) would need a clear summary of world your story is about, what the story is about in general, and what the character's features are. Even a demo design helps anyone get a better idea. Not to mention the personalities characters have. We can see the Ruri, "the narrator", is the center of what the summary is so far-- but i'd have to say the point of the game is a little vague i'm afraid. Work on clarifying a bit, and you may get a more willing artist, who doesnt feel like they will dive in without any knowledge.

LiftMySpirit

#3 Post by LiftMySpirit »

mj67ai wrote:Being a comic artist/ game designer/ character designer.... I feel I (or anyone else willing to work on this with you) would need a clear summary of world your story is about, what the story is about in general, and what the character's features are. Even a demo design helps anyone get a better idea. Not to mention the personalities characters have. We can see the Ruri, "the narrator", is the center of what the summary is so far-- but i'd have to say the point of the game is a little vague i'm afraid. Work on clarifying a bit, and you may get a more willing artist, who doesnt feel like they will dive in without any knowledge.
Thank you for the feed back. I am working on updating the description today, since I have more a clear view on where I'm headed with it since the script is finished now. The game is going to be fairly short and is really under 300 words total. It is a test of what I can do. I will update the first post with more of what the world is, what the purpose of it is, and more of a character description also.

mj67ai
Regular
Projects: FatexHeart

#4 Post by mj67ai »

You're very welcome. Anything to help someone in need of creative and constructive critique, hope you gain some leads. Who knows, if I like your ideas and descriptions, I may be willing to help at least in the concept/ character design-- or maybe even find someone more willing pending on those descriptions. Either way, good luck on your testing trial in the making. 10 minutes is very short, but i'm sure if performed well and impact the players interest.... then perhaps more will be easily drawn to your projects. Kinetic Novels give little to no interaction beyond reading text... so hopefully the story can grasp the players attention- just like in a script for film, most often how likely a employer will read on or accept will depend on the first 10 pages.

LiftMySpirit

#5 Post by LiftMySpirit »

mj67ai wrote:You're very welcome. Anything to help someone in need of creative and constructive critique, hope you gain some leads. Who knows, if I like your ideas and descriptions, I may be willing to help at least in the concept/ character design-- or maybe even find someone more willing pending on those descriptions. Either way, good luck on your testing trial in the making. 10 minutes is very short, but i'm sure if performed well and impact the players interest.... then perhaps more will be easily drawn to your projects. Kinetic Novels give little to no interaction beyond reading text... so hopefully the story can grasp the players attention- just like in a script for film, most often how likely a employer will read on or accept will depend on the first 10 pages.
Ah. That's very true. Your advice is very helpful. I'll keep it all of your words in mind as I'm working on this project and any ones I might start in the future also. While true, ten minutes is very short, a small project that can be completed, is,well, better then a long one that never gets done. All I mean by that is, I thought it best to start out with something small that I can keep motivated on and see through to the end. Sort of a start small and then work my way up from there sort of thing. Besides that, I think what the person will read will at least make them smile or think on it a bit. -- 'To think' holds a meaning for that in this case.

LiftMySpirit

Re: [WIP] To Think [KN] - character image added + updates

#6 Post by LiftMySpirit »

Updates as of October 22nd, 2012
o Added one of the character images done by asterisk0228 to first post
o added character images into the game
o working on finishing main menu coding today
o finished text box coding + added images
o adding backgrounds into the game
o finished adding the music

LiftMySpirit

Re: [WIP] To Think [KN] - character image added + updates

#7 Post by LiftMySpirit »

Ha, I might actually be finished with this project sooner then I'd hoped..

More Updates
o finished adding scene backgrounds
o settled on music for in game
o finished adjusting images for Ruri & in - game
o finished coding for main menu's placement
o finishing adjusting text box to fix screen

Left to Do:
o add custom images into main menu's coding
o add custom images into game screens + exit screens
o add logo into game
o add in credits

TrishaYuu
Regular
Organization: Winter Wolves

Re: To Think [KN] - [updated]

#8 Post by TrishaYuu »

Uwah~ the Title Screen is looking good! XD

Just let me know if you have other art related stuff for me to do 'kay? ;D

LiftMySpirit

#9 Post by LiftMySpirit »

asterisk0228 wrote:Uwah~ the Title Screen is looking good! XD

Just let me know if you have other art related stuff for me to do 'kay? ;D
Thank you. And, thanks for all your help. (=

TrishaYuu
Regular
Organization: Winter Wolves

#10 Post by TrishaYuu »

No problem~! :D

LiftMySpirit

#11 Post by LiftMySpirit »

New!: The first version of this game is going to uploaded tomorrow.
Versions to be available: Windows, Mac, & Linux