Guardian of the Moon's Tear [GxB][High Fantasy][Romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
xhimekittyx
Projects: Guardian of the Moon's Tear

Guardian of the Moon's Tear [GxB][High Fantasy][Romance]

#1 Post by xhimekittyx »

Hi! This my first ever attempt at something like this, and it's a rather massive project at that.
Basically, this is based of off something I wrote not long ago, but I really loved writing it, and it would easily work as an otome style game, probably better than just words.
http://dyingmelody.tumblr.com/ <- A tumblr dedicated to the development of this series. Just made, so more information will be added.

The story is separated into 7 parts:

1. Prologue
2. Chapter 1: Egg
3. Chapter 2: Chrysalis
4. Chapter 3: Cocoon
5. Chapter 4: Wings
6. Chapter 5: Butterfly
7. Ending

~ Story ~

A long time ago, before anything existed, the Goddess Seren descended down from the heavens and created the universe; Anwynn. Man, elves, dwarves, fairies, seraphs, dragons, witches, wizards, imps and many other creatures were made, and lived together in harmony with her. To help keep balance to the world, the Goddess created the eight Purus, beings infused with her power to govern over the eight elements: light, darkness, fire, ice, energy, water, earth and wind. However, good cannot exist without evil. The Purus of Light, named Gabriel, rebelled against Seren and her seven Purus. The magic-casters soon began to grow corrupt with power, and followed Gabriel blindly. Seren and the Purus fought against him, but to no avail. Using her remaining strength, Seren sealed the seven Purus, as well as herself. Having set a plan in motion,
Seren knew that one day a young hero would arise and slay the Purus of Light. Until that day, to protect herself and the other seven, they remain sealed for thousands of years...
Very soon, man forgot why they fought, and greed, famine, war, and drought ravaged the lands of Anwynn. The plight of the people was lost, and death was the only escape from the cruelties of Gabriel and his followers. At that time, the emperor of Xina decided to send his eldest daughter, Izayoi, to the Unknown Lands where Gabriel imposed his rule in hopes of expanding his territory."
Wishing to honor her father's request, Izayoi set out on her journey. For his own reasons, Ari set out to protect Izayoi.
Knowing she could not win alone, Izayoi sought out the Witches of the Dying Moon Cult, a group of powerful mages and necromancers. In order to obtain the Moon's Tear, a powerful stone that would amplify its weilders' power, she traded half of her life away.
Her affinity for earth magic increased thousand fold, and she defeated Gabriel and imposed her own rule on the land which soon became known as Mercania.
The moment Gabriel was killed at the hands of the new empress, the remaining Purus awakened, but the Goddess did not. It was as if she had simply vanished...
Not long after Izayoi had established her rule, she was killed and the Moon's Tear disappeared as well.
To this day, no one knows exactaly what happened to her, the Goddess, or the Tear, except one person...

Now, 1000 years later, a young mage in training, Miki, is under the tutelage of the master wizard, Ren. However, soon her peaceful life is interrupted at the arrival of a strange girl and a man who was believed missing for 10 years. As her quiet life is thrown into chaos, she discovers that the old, ancient land of Anwynn has secrets of its own that it doesn't want to divulge. One that could quite easily destroy it. It's up to you whether you will save a dying continent, or aid it to its demise.

Discover the truth behind everything and everyone you know, only to find it was just a lie...

~ Characters ~

Miki/Name changable
This is you.

Height: 5'2
Weight: 109 p
Affinity: Light
Special ability: Healing

A young mage in training who was found by her tutor, Ren, when she was seven years old. She has no memories of anything before that. She's not terribly intelligent, and isn't that skilled in light magic. However, her healing abilities are well-honed.
She tries hard at whatever she does, especially cooking, although she isn't really very good at it. She hates fighting which is why her fighting abilities with her chakram and magic aren't very good. A pacifist by nature, she's a cheerful, bubbly young girl who's just a bit too naive, considering her only 'friend' is Ren. She also has a massive crush on him.
However, it seems that there's something more to her than what she appears...

Ren

Height: 6'4
Weight: 160
Affinity: ???
Special ability: ???

A master wizard who found Miki when he was fourteen. Since then, he has tutored her, as well as gain a rather good reputation at being one of the strongest wizards in the area. His true affinity is not known. He's rather perverted at times, and, like Miki, has no talent for cooking. Rather easy-going and calm, he doesn't do a whole lot, which makes people wonder how he got such a reputation. Sometimes he gets frustrated with Miki when her spells go awry, and is rather oblivious to her feelings for him.
He also seems to be hiding something...

Ari

Height: ???
Weight: ???
Affinity: Darkness
Special ability: Necromancy

*Datable
Thought missing for 10 years, this man appears before Miki with no memories of anything about himself. Miki can't help but think he looks really familiar, but isn't sure where she saw him...

Emperor Alexis
Height: 6'2
Weight: 145
Affinity: None
Special ability: None

*Datable

The young emperor of Mercania who came to the thrown only a few years ago after the death of his father and brothers. He's rather inexperienced, but does the best he can. A rather lonely, quiet person, he has an odd habit of sending strange gifts to people he likes. Right now, he's a bit stressed out as his fiancee has gone missing...

Hisame

Height: 5'6
Weight: 120
Affinity: Ice
Special ability: Freeze time
*Datable

A young boy who spends his time aiding Amira on various errands to and fro from the capital of Mercania. Easily excitable, he also can get rather serious. Currently he's searching for the man who went missing.

Andalee

Height: 5'7
Weight: 130
Affinity: Wind
Special ability: Teleportation

Also one of Izayoi's companions, she is the older sister of Amira. Often always serious, she rarely smiles and expects everything to be done right. She has a bit of a short temper, but is always patient with her little sister. However, she appears to be hiding something...

Eira

Affinity: Water
Height: 5'4
Weight: 120
Special Skill: Reflection

The young woman who appeared before Ren in hopes he, too, would tutor her. She immediately began to fall in love with him, much to the dismay of Miki. Although, Miki suspects her of not being completely honest about herself.

Izayoi

Height: 5'5
Weight: 126
Affinity: Earth
Special ability: Shield

The first empress of Mercania, she was sent from Xina by her father to expand his territory. Also the creator of the Moon's Tear, a powerful stone that allowed her to increase her own powers at the cost of much of her life. However, she met a rather unfortunate demise and was murdered...

Seren

Height: ???
Weight: ???
Affinity: ???
Special ability: ???

An entirely forgotten entity, she is the sole cause of the chaos that has ravaged through Anwynn unintentionally. Only a handful of people remember her existence.

~ To include ~
10 endings (Good, normal, bad for each guy) plus the alone ending.
Lots of choices

~ For Continuous Updates ~
Please visit my tumblr. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can let me know here, or there.

~ Stuff ~
CGs, samples, character profiles and a demo will be posted here as well as my tumblr. Any feedback would be great~ <3

~ Release ~
I hope to have this completed by at least April, 2013, if not sooner. I'll probably know a more precise date later once I've gotten further into the project.
Demo is to be released once Chapter 1: Egg is completed, hopefully by December or early January.

~ Chapter Status ~
-1. Prologue -
Scripting & Programming - 100%
Music - 100%
CGs - 1/3 - 33%

-2. Chapter 1: Egg 0%
Scripting & Programming - 0%
Music - 0%
CGs - 0%
-3. Chapter 2: Chrysalis 0%
-4. Chapter 3: Cocoon 0%
-5. Chapter 4: Wings 0%
-6. Chapter 5: Butterfly 0%
-7. Ending: 0%

Story - 100%
Character Designs - 40%
Sprites - 0%
CG - 0%
Backgrounds - 100%
Writing - 14%
Programming - 0%
Music - 100%
Opening - 66%
Endings - 0%
Credit: xhimekittyx
Writer: xhimekittyx
Sprite and CG artists: xhimekittyx
Background Artists: xhimekittyx
Composer: - Yuki Kajiura (Pandora Hearts OST)
Programmers: xhimekittyx

~ Updates ~
11/11/2012 - Revamped Miki's appearance, Ari's character art completed, music chosen, prologue scripting completed.
11/12/2012 - Redid Miki's character art, colored.
11/15/2012 - Character art added, music added to prologue.
11/17/2012 - Character art added, demo set date, music put together (meaning, I just need to encode it into the story when it's needed)
11/18/2012 - Character art added
11/19/2012 - Character art added, first CG drawn ^
11/22/2012 - The actual scripting has begun beyond the prologue ~ artwork, CGs will be added once chapter 1 is done, and then I shall release the demo...so please look forward to it! Backgrounds collected, Amira scrapped-as it's much easier if the story progresses without her.
Last edited by xhimekittyx on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 32 times in total.

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

Re: Guardian of the Moon's Tear [GxB][High Fantasy][Romance]

#2 Post by michi 18 »

wow, I hope this will be a success .
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

There are a couple ideas here which I don't recall seeing elsewhere. It's rare to see a girl with healing abilities (in fantasy fiction lingo, a white mage) as a protagonist -- this character type is typically a friend or love interest of the main character. Also, it's rare to see characters whose aging process has been slowed down.

I recommend staying focused on the "present day" events in your story. Maybe there will be a scene in which the characters have to research historical events. Maybe one person in the story knows a lot about the past. Maybe the characters can travel through time or see through time. But you will probably benefit by showing events that are happening in the characters' current lives, rather than what happened ten or a thousand years ago.

What sort of fantasy world is this? It doesn't sound like a standard fantasy setting. Is magic quite common? Is it unusual for a person to become a master wizard by the age of 24? How easy is it for a non-noble person to meet an emperor?

You specified ten endings and a lot of choices. Let us know more about your plans. Will it be easy for the main character to avert a crisis and/or form a good relationship? Will there be specific moments where the story changes from the general plot to a character-specific route?

Finally, there is a seven year age gap between Miki and Ren. She's 17 and he's 24. If your fictional nation sets the age of consent at 18, then these two characters could become a (married?) couple in less than a year. You also stated that Miki likes Ren, but he appears to be oblivious. It's possible that he's chosen to keep their relationship platonic so far, and that he will wait until she's old enough before he considers her to be more than just his student.

Right now, April 2013 is about five months away. It will take persistence and passion to get it done. Let us know how you intend to stay committed to writing and coding.

xhimekittyx

#4 Post by xhimekittyx »

gekiganwing wrote:There are a couple ideas here which I don't recall seeing elsewhere. It's rare to see a girl with healing abilities (in fantasy fiction lingo, a white mage) as a protagonist -- this character type is typically a friend or love interest of the main character. Also, it's rare to see characters whose aging process has been slowed down.

I recommend staying focused on the "present day" events in your story. Maybe there will be a scene in which the characters have to research historical events. Maybe one person in the story knows a lot about the past. Maybe the characters can travel through time or see through time. But you will probably benefit by showing events that are happening in the characters' current lives, rather than what happened ten or a thousand years ago.

What sort of fantasy world is this? It doesn't sound like a standard fantasy setting. Is magic quite common? Is it unusual for a person to become a master wizard by the age of 24? How easy is it for a non-noble person to meet an emperor?

You specified ten endings and a lot of choices. Let us know more about your plans. Will it be easy for the main character to avert a crisis and/or form a good relationship? Will there be specific moments where the story changes from the general plot to a character-specific route?

Finally, there is a seven year age gap between Miki and Ren. She's 17 and he's 24. If your fictional nation sets the age of consent at 18, then these two characters could become a (married?) couple in less than a year. You also stated that Miki likes Ren, but he appears to be oblivious. It's possible that he's chosen to keep their relationship platonic so far, and that he will wait until she's old enough before he considers her to be more than just his student.

Right now, April 2013 is about five months away. It will take persistence and passion to get it done. Let us know how you intend to stay committed to writing and coding.
That's why I had the main heroine be that kind of person, it's uncommon and I like those kinds of characters.
Oh, I intend to show what happens in the present, however the past plays a major part in what's about to take place. I have that all planned out.
It's one of those settings like Lord of the Rings, where magic is very common, and becoming a master wizard can be done through persistence and practice. And how to meet the emperor? Not terribly hard if you have the right connections. That's all planned out too. Depending on the choices made, per character, it is possible it get the best ending possible. Each character has a total of three endings, good, normal and bad, and then the alone ending, which is ten. And yes, each datable character has a specific sub-plot directly linked to the main plot as well. As for Ren, he has his reasons why he isn't going to marry Miki, nor do anything about it, which is why he isn't datable. I'll definatly be posting more stuff very soon, artwork ect., first before I get to the coding.
Once I have the character designs done, sprites, BGs, and CGs completed, I'll put it all together. ^^

Although, I'm glad you noticed ~ a lot of the names I have for the people and places come from a variety of cultures, for example, Setareh, is based on the Persian reading of Esther, which means star. Anwynn comes from the Celtic word to mean 'Underworld.' Some are a bit more obvious than others, though.
Last edited by xhimekittyx on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xhimekittyx

#5 Post by xhimekittyx »

michi 18 wrote:wow, I hope this will be a success .

Thank you ^^ I hope it turns out very well.

michi 18
Veteran

#6 Post by michi 18 »

Is it just you yourself? Wont you be having a hard time?
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

xhimekittyx

#7 Post by xhimekittyx »

michi 18 wrote:Is it just you yourself? Wont you be having a hard time?
It might take me longer than if I had some help, but I don't mind ^^

michi 18
Veteran

#8 Post by michi 18 »

The MC looks pretty >.<

Katty16
Regular

#9 Post by Katty16 »

I really like when the name is changable ^^ and the MC is so adorable
Fantasy FTW!!!!! Can't wait for more updates!!!! ><

xhimekittyx

#10 Post by xhimekittyx »

michi 18 wrote:The MC looks pretty >.<
Thank you ^^ I'm glad you like it

xhimekittyx

#11 Post by xhimekittyx »

Katty16 wrote:I really like when the name is changable ^^ and the MC is so adorable
Fantasy FTW!!!!! Can't wait for more updates!!!! ><
So do I ^^ And thank you. I'm glad you like her. (Fantasy is amazing, isn't it ~)
I should have more colored art put up today at the very least ~ and maybe the prologue finished very soon, since it's short.

michi 18
Veteran

#12 Post by michi 18 »

Fantasy is truely awesome! I love it too when the MC's name can be changed. I hope to hear more updates from you >.<

xhimekittyx

#13 Post by xhimekittyx »

michi 18 wrote:Fantasy is truely awesome! I love it too when the MC's name can be changed. I hope to hear more updates from you >.<
Of course ^^ I've been a bit busy, but evenings are the best times for updates c: The next character art should be posted today (I hope), as the lineart is almost done ~ ^^

michi 18
Veteran

#14 Post by michi 18 »

EVENING truly is the best time to do updates . I hope youd finish it by nextyear!

xhimekittyx

#15 Post by xhimekittyx »

michi 18 wrote:EVENING truly is the best time to do updates . I hope youd finish it by nextyear!
I most certainly will be c: The longest part will probably be doing all of the routes, though, which is normally the case oxo