Fatexheart (Fantasy/Action) (Yuri) Update 10/18

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
eileen
Veteran
Projects: Akiba Z and Passion Sync
Organization: Aphrodisia/Beautiful Starr

Fatexheart (Fantasy/Action) (Yuri) Update 10/18

#1 Post by eileen »

Thank you Deekay for the awesome logo!

About:

Fatexheart is an action/fantasy visual novel. The story will be broken up into chapters/episodes and given choices for outcome of episode. It will each be released separately. While every chapter/episode will have its own storyline, rest assured that they will all relate to and advance the overall plot.

There will be choices in the game that will determine the outcome of NPC and the cast.

Disclaimer:: This game will not be explicit. There will, of course, be sensuality, but any sex scenes will be "fade-to-black and implied" after a certain point. This game does have incest within the game. We recommend that player is at least 15 years old because of inappropriate language, sexual themes and references, moderate blood and gore.

Concept can change at any time and we will tell you when this happens. Since we have more than one concept artist, don't be surprise to see two different styles.

Longer version:
“The pair capable of defeating me will be the strongest in the world and all of their wishes will come true.”
Akuma’s Bellum.
It’s a competition to find the strongest warrior team in existence—the team that will eventually face the Demon Lord himself.
There is only one condition to participate in Akuma’s Bellum:
You and your partner must be personally chosen by the great Demon Lord Akuma.

There are hundreds of warrior pairs around the world, each equipped with a different set of powers…
But only one team can be the strongest.
If you want to survive…
You and your partner must use your powers to prove that you are the strongest warriors.

Setting: The story takes place on earth in the year 2013-2014. It will be fairly realistic and modern. The first half of the story takes place in Japan while the other half takes place in various other countries.

- Episodic structure
- Character Database
- Battle CGs (comic book style)
- A single, over-arching story
- Fanservice (silly references, sexy things, etc.)

- Eileen: Script Writer
- Concept Artists: Looking....
- TBA: Official Game asset artist
- Background Artist: TBA
- TBA : Proofreaders
- Looking: Music

Main Characters:

Eloise Kobayashi(小林 エリオス; Kobayashi Eriosu)

Finish Sprite

Eloise is the protagonist of story and the first half of the dynamic duo. She’s incredibly competitive and naturally energetic, but she’s also simple minded and can get easily flustered when she’s out of her comfort zone. Fortunately, she has a knack for getting stronger after each fight—a nice ability to have in this kind of situation. She is also a goddess also.

Yuuki Kobayashi(小林 悠姫; Kobayashi Yuuki):

-Coming Soon-

Eloise's mother and second half of the dynamic duo. She is mature, gentle, down to earth and caring. She is known to often flirt with Eloise who in return gets flustered. She is very close to Eloise since her birth as she was her only companion and grown to love her to point that she can't live without her. She is usually the one who get to be the dress-up doll during varies of times in the story.

Support Characters:

Nathan:

Nathan is one of Eloise’s two friends on earth. Because of his big and intimidating exterior, he’s known as a “tough guy,” but deep down he is a kind-hearted man. Despite this, he’s no push over. Don’t expect him to take crap from others.

Momo:

Note: I hope this image is okay for this thread. ^^;;

Momo is Eloise’s other earth friend. She’s a very traditional girl who is shy and soft spoken. In addition to being his partner, Momo also has a secret crush on Nathan.

Chiaki:

Young girl who lives with School Dean at the dorms and gives him a helping hand when need be. She has a stoic expression and seem not give any feelings. She will provide Intel for Eloise about her next opponents.

Male Soldiers:

One of reoccurring characters during the war and part of military defenses to stop the war.

Antagonist:

Riveter

Riveter is Akuma's right hand man and deadly foe for Eloise and co. He is mostly silent character and only most moans and groans can be heard. He is partner with Cynthia and provide power in the team. He is known around the world as fearful tyrant and most iconic person in world.

Akuma:

The Demon Lord himself and the most narcissistic person you’ll ever met. He’s naturally a very manipulative and calculated person. He holds himself in high regard and doesn't respect people of lower classes much.

Cynthia:

One of followers of Akuma and close to the Riveter. One of the teams that mysterious attack Eloise before the main story. Don't fall for her looks even though she looks innocent she is deadly. She is egotistic, tactical, and strategical who also taunt her enemies before death.

Akane:

Another of Akuma's followers and the proactive one that goes against Akuma's order to keep him in rule. She is partner with Orge-Creature and they first encounter Eloise after failed attempt of Cynthia. She is one of sexiest woman who uses her charm to trick and kill men. She has tendency of underestimating her opponent and get frustrated when it's not in her favor.

Other characters:

Sybil:

Sybil is a gifted prophetess blessed with visions of the future. However, she is said to be fairly apathetic because of it. She often speaks in riddles and talks down to everyone she meets. Not much is known about her or where she came from.

Coming soon

More images to come soon!

Developer Notes: I’m using this thread as a way to build up interest and get feedback now instead of later. Most of the art pieces are rough sketches from both our concept artist and our official game artist. I’m looking for feedback on the art, writing, and other stuff that deals with project. Any feedback you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by eileen on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:25 am, edited 24 times in total.

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

Re: Fatexheart (Fantasy/Action) Open Dev

#2 Post by inhalance »

I like the art, it's nice. :) The concept sounds interesting as well. Just wondering, will this only be a fantasy/action game, with no romantic elements in it?
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

eileen
Veteran

#3 Post by eileen »

inhalance wrote:I like the art, it's nice. :) The concept sounds interesting as well. Just wondering, will this only be a fantasy/action game, with no romantic elements in it?
Thanks! I'm glad that the concept sounds interesting! Staring at a blank screen drives you nuts... :lol: This will be mostly a fantasy/action game with romance taking second seat. There is already a set pair for romance. The romance part will focus Eloise and Yumi romance but there are others characters that will drive them apart >:D

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#4 Post by teacup »

The art looks amazing, I really like the concepts. :)

The only concern I have for now is that the synopsis is a bit hard to follow, mainly because of several grammatical errors. I see that you have a proofreader already - you might want him to proofread your post so it's easier to understand.
Is this story going to contain yuri elements?

eileen
Veteran

#5 Post by eileen »

teacup wrote:The art looks amazing, I really like the concepts. :)

The only concern I have for now is that the synopsis is a bit hard to follow, mainly because of several grammar errors. I see that you have a proofreader already - you might want him to proofread your post so it's easier to understand.
That is great that you like the concept and art. :D Yeah, I kind of knew that there will be grammar errors but I will fixing it short whenever I get hold of that darn proofreader! Might ask for a couple.

Yeah, the story does contain yuri elements but I do plan spin off with BL and straight couples!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#6 Post by teacup »

eileen wrote:

The only concern I have for now is that the synopsis is a bit hard to follow, mainly because of several grammar errors. I see that you have a proofreader already - you might want him to proofread your post so it's easier to understand.
That is great that you like the concept and art. :D Yeah, I kind of knew that there will be grammar errors but I will fixing it short whenever I get hold of that darn proofreader! Might ask for a couple.

Yeah, the story does contain yuri elements but I do plan spin off with BL and straight couples!
Ah, I rarely (actually never) play yuri but the story seems interesting enough for me to give this a chance regardless.
Good luck with everything! ^o^

eileen
Veteran

#7 Post by eileen »

teacup wrote:
eileen wrote:

Ah, I rarely (actually never) play yuri but the story seems interesting enough for me to give this a chance regardless.
Good luck with everything! ^o^
Glad that you will give it a chance. xD Thanks!

I guess, I will go on with some other stuff that I forgot to add to the opening post!

The battle is 2 on 2 battle and all player must be defeated to win the battle. The fights are to the death and there is no way to giving another life... Unless someone wish you back. So, no get powerful after death... :roll:

There are different class for everyone that takes part in this.

The top 3 classes are Lightweight, average, heavyweight and then it goes into different category as after that. P: elemental, magic, power, technique and so on. Most teams have medic person that also play offensive.

The life energy system is Aura in this world and there are subcategory that branch under it but use it as well. Example: Ki/chi has more spiritual aspect to Aura while Elemental may have physical side of Aura. The 3 classes do have an effect on Aura output!

Spoiler
What I have plan is that Sybil give detail of the bad future and the true villain. Eloise's daughter Nagisa goes back to fix the timeline. She kinda of mess with the timeline. Will put more stuff as it comes in on her.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by gekiganwing »

Including a variety of relationships, and then integrating them into the story (rather than making characters into romance options) is a good idea. So if you can portray Eloise and Yumi as two compelling individuals, and as an interesting couple, that will be impressive. I will say the same thing in regards to Nathan and Momo.

According to a web search that I just did, "bellum" is a Latin word that means "war." I don't think you need to use a non English term.
eileen wrote:The story takes place on earth in the year 2013-2014 and is model around real world.
You said this is an action/fantasy story, so I don't expect it to be all that realistic. But how many people know that the demon lord exists? And how many people know about this series of fights?
eileen wrote:- Fanservice
In which sense? The word can imply three things:
1. Spectacle
2. Inside jokes
3. Attractive characters in sexy poses, outfits, situations, etc
eileen wrote:I’m looking for feedback on the art, writing and other stuff that deals with project. Issue of the story, cast and art would be do kindly.
How long do you intend for this VN to be? If it will be lengthy, or have more than a couple episodes, then how will you commit to finishing it?

eileen
Veteran

#9 Post by eileen »

Yeah, I want to add something different to the table than adding romance interest. I hope I can portray them both as compelling but I will be posting snipbit just encase to get reviewed!

Yeah, I was going to use war but I just like Bellum better and catchy. ^^;;

The only people who know about Demon Lord is the people that enter the war or was in it past war. Yes, veteran do return to fight! Only the competitor or winner from the last war.

Well, I'm working on the time frame still. I'm debating on real time or go with another year calender. ^^;; The world is modern but mixture of the past. P:

As fanservice:

Inside jokes, attractive characters in sexy poses, outfits, situations. It would be very ecchi though!

Each episode is 22-30 mins playthrough. So, it's like a tv show, I guess. Yeah, I plan for more than a couple of episodes. I got people invested in this and they want to see it come alive so that inspire me to finish. Fill free to pm me to nagg me about this. I really do want to see this through and I'm pushing as much as I can.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: Fatexheart (Fantasy/Action) (Yuri) Open Dev *OP revised*

#10 Post by Coren »

Wait, I hope I'm not reading this wrong but -- Eloise is going to have a yuri relationship with her mother? ._o

eileen
Veteran

#11 Post by eileen »

Kirroha wrote:Wait, I hope I'm not reading this wrong but -- Eloise is going to have a yuri relationship with her mother? ._o
You aren't reading it wrong at all. Yes, Eloise will have a yuri relationship with her mother.

I hope it doesn't scary you away though. :( It will still going to be a good story anyways! I promise! :wink:

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#12 Post by Coren »

Erm. Well.... XD Is there a reason for this decision, or is it just for the sake of it?

What I mean is that generally, I won't mind a game that implements something like this for practicality in the game itself, such as:
Premise A: Girl A has a relationship with her mother, B. The story is basically about the angst and suffering they have to live through from being ostracized by all the people who shun them because of that relationship which they deem inappropriate.

^ This is all right with me, because there's a reason behind the decision (a.k.a. it's a main factor of the plot).

Whereas if there's no actual reason behind it, I'll be a little doubtful. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm criticizing though - I am just a little curious, that's all. :D

eileen
Veteran

#13 Post by eileen »

It a little of both! XD

Yeah, there is angst and suffering for them. Main factor is defeating Akuma since the romance plays second. Eloise will be the most worried because she want to fit in. Yumi does want that but less degree. A lot of people will shun them but during the course of the game people will accept them.

It's not criticizing as I want to know other people thoughts!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#14 Post by LVUER »

I don't mind with incest... but they're a fetish and can scare away (or make them angry) some people. Incest is in different category than yuri. Perhaps you want to add additional [incest] tag?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#15 Post by teacup »

eileen wrote:It a little of both! XD

Yeah, there is angst and suffering for them. Main factor is defeating Akuma since the romance plays second. Eloise will be the most worried because she want to fit in. Yumi does want that but less degree. A lot of people will shun them but during the course of the game people will accept them.

It's not criticizing as I want to know other people thoughts!
Aw, a bit disappointed there will be incest ;-;
I'm pretty open-minded but that's one thing I try to avoid because I don't see any appeal in it at all.
I mean... this is an all ages game, right?
It's too bad this is kinetic, then. When there's something like incest in a game, I think a lot of people (like me) will be appreciative if it's avoidable, unless it's an absolutely necessary part of the story. If it's just pandering to a fetish though, then this game probably isn't for me. >_<;